Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not use an adblocker and such
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One at the top I screenshot as its right over the tabs.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The adverts on the web version of the forums are getting twice as worse! They eat up my CPU.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why not use an adblocker and such

not always possible on phones and tablets - there are some available obviously but I've never really had a lot of success with them

I use the opera mobile browser on the iPhone which copes quite well with ads - it's not perfect but I don't have too many issues. the best thing about it is that it throws any pop up ads into another tab behind what you're looking at so it doesn't really affect anything.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    It's bad today, I never usually see ads but today it's really quite noticeable and irritating.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I'm on a laptop and I used to get them all the time until some lovely poster linked me to an adblocker. I now have an ad free DS forum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm on a laptop and I used to get them all the time until some lovely poster linked me to an adblocker. I now have an ad free DS forum.

I never get them on my laptop or PC either but I am getting them on my phone.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I never get them on my laptop or PC either but I am getting them on my phone.

That's a shame, they are so annoying. I'm not big on technology stuff but surely there must be some sort of app to stop them?
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    It's bad today, I never usually see ads but today it's really quite noticeable and irritating.

Same here. I've never had any ads on the mobile before today.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are these ads that you speak of?
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a very big 'very' advert blocking half the screen. It is annoying but text can be seen and links still clickable.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody awful...first time I've had them, very irritating
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Sort it out mods, this is not on :mad:

What devices are you using? I see the adverts on my iPad Air and iPhone 6+ but they aren't intrusive or in the way. Unfortunately we just need to accept the adverts as without them digitalspy wouldn't exist. The costs of running the site and paying the moderators have to be met somehow. I did have a problem viewing the forums a few months ago with a pop up advert that was hard to get rid of on my iPhone.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use adblockPlus - on my PC and on my smartphone (android), although you can use Adblock Plus on iphones too, I just read they have their own adblocker which doesn't make ABP very happy :Dhttp://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/11/adblock-plus-apple-plan-stop-ads
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ever since it became known that adblock plus let companies pay them to allow ads through, i stopped using them. ublock is far batter and a tiny fraction of the memory usage as well.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive managed to dodge all adds like this by tweaking the settings as im visually impaired using special software to use this site.. now it keeps being sooo slow because of the adds which I will NEVER click on.

Will look at add blockers but my pc is old and strugles as it is let alone downloading software off the always comes with some nasty catch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I prefer uBlock too it's not as resource hungry as Adblock which is fairly useful when using a laptop.