Options

NT awards Votes open.

CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
Forum Member
It's that time of year again, get your 'Who' votes in :)

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/default.aspx?page=2

Comments

• Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Cool - added my vote for Doctor Who & David Tennant...

Nice to have an opportunity to vote for 'The Inbetweeners' and 'Top Gear' as well! :)

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Really annoyed that there is no Torchwood but I have voted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for DT and DW!

oh and Top Gear too!:D
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's that time of year again, get your 'Who' votes in :)

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/default.aspx?page=2

Haha, they think Top Gear is a "factual programme". Those jokers make me laugh every time.

Got all the way through, then discovered they wanted to harvest my name and email address, so never mind. If I go and listen to a Camera Obscura song, will that make it all better? Or, ummm, use an actual Camera Obscura, supposing I can find one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tough one between Gavin and Stacey and The Inbetweeners but Inbetweeners got my vote.

Skipped the talent show nonsense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who chooses the nominees? My choices would be rather different (but then again I don't watch any soaps).
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Tv Burp and DW!

Oh, and DT! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Cool - added my vote for Doctor Who & David Tennant...

Nice to have an opportunity to vote for 'The Inbetweeners' and 'Top Gear' as well! :)

Regards,

Cypher

Great minds think alike :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inbetweeners or Gavin and Stacey...? that one got me thinking. Inbetweeners swung it though. DW and DT votes in of course!
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I was stuck between inbetweeners and Gavin and Stacey but i went for inbetweeners in the end, but David and DW got my vote!!
  • Options
    princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thanks this for link. I thought that I'd missed the whole event as I was abroad last year around the time it's usually held.

Voted for DW, DT, TV Burp, Top Gear, Ant & Dec, Strictly and Emmerdale amongst others :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Philip Glenister and Doctor Who :)
  • Options
    NewbieCanuckNewbieCanuck Posts: 6,698
    Forum Member
    I voted for a few soap actors I'd never heard of until I noticed the skip button. :o

Voted Tennant, Who, Come Dine With Me and In-Betweeners.

I love a factual show where the narrator does nothing but voice contempt for the people appearing. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Voted! DW and DT :D

I also voted Harry Hill's TV Burp, Lacey Turner, Come Dine With Me, Ant and Dec, Eastenders and Britain's Got Talent.

I'm not gonna lie, I smiled when I saw CDWM was nominated. I love that show, the narration laced with words to describe the vile nature of the people taking part for £1000 is hysterical. :D Imagine what they'd do to each other if the prize was £10k or £1m :eek: Would be excellent TV in my humble opinion. :D
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's shocking that Torchwood: Children Of Earth isn't anywhere to be seen on the Nom's list, shocking ommission, best British Drama of the year, collectively better than any of the specials IMHO.
  • Options
    LittlemissmolzLittlemissmolz Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted twice =]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Voted twice =]

In little faith too. Multiple votes get disqualified. The little box saying so, is next to Dermot's piccie. :)
  • Options
    LittlemissmolzLittlemissmolz Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah812 wrote: »
    In little faith too. Multiple votes get disqualified. The little box saying so, is next to Dermot's piccie. :)

Used my Mum's email address lol. She wanted me to vote for her anyway. But I technically did vote twice lol :)
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    That's shocking that Torchwood: Children Of Earth isn't anywhere to be seen on the Nom's list, shocking ommission, best British Drama of the year, collectively better than any of the specials IMHO.

I was surprised also that TW COE was not on any list.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree but you have to remember that the nominations were voted for by the public from a long list of programmes which did include Torchwood. I voted for it in the nominations and if it was included in the shortlist alongside DW I would have voted for it instead.

I think it's down to the viewing figures, Torchwood got a high of 6.76 million whereas The Next Doctor got 13.1 million. The people who watched TND but not Torchwood obviously would vote for DW out of the two.

It's a shame that Torchwood was not shortlisted as it was outstanding drama and even though I do tune in to watch Casualty I can't believe it was shortlisted and Torchwood wasn't. I think the DW/Torchwood vote must have been split resulting in Casualty securing a place on the shortlist.
  • Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree but you have to remember that the nominations were voted for by the public from a long list of programmes which did include Torchwood. I voted for it in the nominations and if it was included in the shortlist alongside DW I would have voted for it instead.

Good point, and we all know what a bunch of halfwits they are!