Options

Celebs you'll always defend, depsite the critics

Comments

• Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't "always" defend anybody, even if I liked them. If someone does something I dislike or disagree with, I'm not afraid to admit it. I find it scary when people hero-worship to the point of not allowing themselves or anybody else to think anything about their idol that isn't pure glowing praise.

Good point. Well made.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Me too :)

I can see where you're coming from. :) I think lots of people have a soft spot for Piers Morgan...

Let's face it. No-one is perfect. But some celebs do get more than their fair share of hate directed at them, and some of them are totally nice people, or at the least, nice people with annoying traits.

VIctoria Beckham, Dannii Minogue, Jedward, there's no harm or malice in any of them.

The only celebs I would slate, are those who have been shown to be nasty or malicious towards someone else.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stephen Fry...

The man will never do anything wrong in my eyes. He can kick a puppy down the road and I will still admire him for his braincells and wit.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Fern Britton- All the woman did was have a gastric band, and people hound/hate her for it.

Nicole Scherzinger-People saying she's not fit to be a judge, when the girl's only had the job a few weeks.

Nadine Coyle-Talented and beautiful etc, but doesn't get any type of media support and doesn't have enough promotion, therefore people think she's crap.

Angelina Jolie-stunning, kind and world conscious, but people question, why she adopted so many kids.

Dannii Minogue- Came into her own last season and was booted probably because of it. She was the only professional there, and some people were happy to see her get pushed.

Agree ...except for Angelina I don't like this brother snogger husband stealer and blood vile necklace wearer.
    GeorgieDix wrote: »
    I have a soft spot for Piers Morgan but I have no idea why.

Me too:o

JoTaylor wrote: »
    Jedward were on 8 out of 10 Cats this week and I have to admit I've never actually seen them properly before. I obviously know who they are but dont watch X Factor so didnt have a massive knowledge or opinion.

My husband ranted how bad they were the whole way through the programme but I actually thought they were quite entertaining - kind of like two excitable 5 yrs olds!! Not offensive just a little bit car crash.

I'd defend them now - I think I've got a soft spot for them :D

Aww I like Jedward too:)
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Peter Andre. Jade goody.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis. A lot of people can be quite vile towards her which I find crazy as she's incredibly humble and sweet. I mean fair enough if you don't like her music/voice, I don't have a problem with it, but it's when people basically bully her over the internet.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't follow anyone blindly. I'm fully aware that everyone has their flaws and if someone does something I dont like I'll say it, whether I like them or not.
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgieDix wrote: »
    I have a soft spot for Piers Morgan but I have no idea why.

me too can't help but like the guy:):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only after Cowell and his pet Moose eloped. Dannii got a lot of slack because she wasn't Cowell's princess anymore and a lot viewers followed suit. Then she really showed everyone, what a real judge is.

Who d'ya mean?

For me... Kate Middleton/The Duchess of Cambridge... and I don't feel I have to justify my reasons either... It seems that some people don't think things through and have a very limited knowledge about her and come to some very wrong conclusions IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will always defend Prince & Christina Aguilera. I mean, I criticize them as well sometimes but if anybody else does it, I am on it lol.

To a lesser extent I will defend Leona Lewis & Megan Fox, whilst some of the criticism leveled at them is warranted I think they are unfairly singled out amongst others who could equally be criticized for the same things.

I seem to spend a lot of my time defending Cher Lloyd and Nadine Coyle on DS as well even though I don't particularly like them.
  • Options
    Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl(Cole) :)
  • Options
    pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Jonathan Ross

Same here!
  • Options
    tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only after Cowell and his pet Moose eloped. Dannii got a lot of slack because she wasn't Cowell's princess anymore and a lot viewers followed suit. Then she really showed everyone, what a real judge is.

Yes, she voted exactly the same as Cheryl Cole throughout the entire series except when their acts were in one-on-one competition.

:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she voted exactly the same as Cheryl Cole throughout the entire series except when their acts were in one-on-one competition.

Right but she also had a lot more interesting, honest and constructive things to say after performances aside from 'ah thort yuh wur uhmayzin'/'ah dohnt think that wur the right song fer yuh'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Halloweenbabe, I mean Cowell's pet Moose that has lived up his arse for the last three /four years. Dannii actually has principles, isn't as common as muck and I can look at her without feeling ill. So Dannii does deserve all the credit she gets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Peter Andre. Jade goody.

Jade yep. Peter not so much
    Halloweenbabe, I mean Cowell's pet Moose that has lived up his arse for the last three /four years. Dannii actually has principles, isn't as common as muck and I can look at her without feeling ill. So Dannii does deserve all the credit she gets.

If you mean who I think you mean I have never heard her referred to in that way before
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cheryl Cole's success really winds you up, doesn't it?
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    and the programme did not "start off as a social experiment" and "turn into just an opportunity for desperate wannabes to get their tits out".

Well, it did actually.

None of the BB1 contestants knew it might be a meal ticket to fame and fortune, which can't be said about any of the later series.
  • Options
    LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Jennifer aniston.
  • Options
    You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I'm may get slated for this but Lady Gaga. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    She doesn't have any success to be wound up over her only achievement is going blonde. If Scherzinger shows the world her stuff, she can prove to critics that she could be the next JLo or something.
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll defend Angelina Jolie over the whole debacle with Brad and Jen, because I saw hardly any blame being laid at Brad Pitt's door.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri Halliwell. She can do no wrong in my eyes lol
  • Options
    bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    I'll defend Angelina Jolie over the whole debacle with Brad and Jen, because I saw hardly any blame being laid at Brad Pitt's door.

I agree with you. I'm not a big fan of Angelina but I think she unfairly got most of the backlash from that situation.
  • Options
    ALPERTON94ALPERTON94 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Katie Price...Really admire how she went from page 3 to Tv and beyond she really is media savvy and fame hungry which is a good thing IMO. She got divorced and everyone hated her because she went Ibiza! Big deal!

But sometimes she can be a right pain in the you know what!