Carol McGiffin exits Loose Women

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was concerned with the amount of people saying how much they liked Carol McGiffin in another thread. She is the sort of person who gives feminists a really awful image, and her bragging about how much she drinks and falling out of taxis is disgraceful, I think. With role models like that, is it any wonder the younger generations are so out of control?

Oh, and I don't know if she still does it but the last times I was watching LW (a few years ago now) she was acting like the only woman who had ever snagged a younger man. It was so desperate and sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    , who melts into a gibbering heap of oestrogen when some bloke from a soap opera appears.

Easily the most unbearable thing about the show. These are grown women? Oh my God. :cry:
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That can't be true. It would be complete over kill for her to be on both This Morning and Loose Women and This Morning is a way better deal.

She seems to be on everything else :D

It said that it would be possible as they are filmed in the same building and both live so she could get there during the ads.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »

I would like Carole to come back with Ruth Langford - Janet Street Porter - Fern Britton - Jane McDonald - Linda Bellingham etc - ladies of a certain age who will take Loose Women back what it used to be.

I used to love it when it first aired. I was in Ireland last week and happened to catch their "Midday," programme. Dress wise, think Loose Women go to church, without the cleavage and innuendo! :D However, still plenty of funny anecdotes, but much more insightful, with guest experts on whatever topic they're discussing, which they did at length without adverts - such as managing stress. Really good.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is back on Monday..will be interesting to see if Carol even gets a mention seeing as she was the longest serving panel member..I think about the same as Sherrie?
    It also seems to be one of the first times one of them has gone without a proper goodbye on the show itself..even Kate got to say goodbye when she got sacked. However Carol seems the type to not want a whole show devoted to saying goodbye to her so maybe that is part of it.
    I wonder what she plans to do now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It is back on Monday..will be interesting to see if Carol even gets a mention seeing as she was the longest serving panel member..I think about the same as Sherrie?
    It also seems to be one of the first times one of them has gone without a proper goodbye on the show itself..even Kate got to say goodbye when she got sacked. However Carol seems the type to not want a whole show devoted to saying goodbye to her so maybe that is part of it.

Denise Welsh is on it no doubt..god, it be The Denise Show lol
  • Caligula75Caligula75 Posts: 1,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s150/celebrity-big-brother/news/a509725/carol-mcgiffin-quits-loose-women.html

I am absolutely gutted about her departure. She was by far my favourite panellist and one of the main reasons I occasionally tuned in. I loved how she wasn't afraid to speak her mind - even if it was against the majority opinion. She will be sorely missed by the viewers, I always found her hilarious and refreshingly honest. I'm afraid I'll be tuning out now! Jane McDonald is the only other panellist I like these days.

I'm with you. I don't even really like loose women but she was the only one I tolerated. daytime tv is really dire. I'm off two days a week and once the shopping and cleaning is done and baby is sleeping, I'm left to watch some obscure American show like Hoarders or Dance moms. I do like Ruth and Eamon though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Denise Welsh is on it no doubt..god, it be The Denise Show lol

she can talk about her wedding and being the first out of Stepping Out haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    How bizarre I was only thinking what dramatic news she would announce to justify her appearance on CBB, I guess her boyfriend is safe then.
    I like Carol, but she looks pretty rough on CBB... and she's drunk almost every night. :)
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,988
    Forum Member
    I like Carol, but she looks pretty rough on CBB... and she's drunk almost every night. :)

You like her so much you moved to LA. :)

As for Carol, all the talk about her being honest etc...yuek!

For years she and her drinking buddy Denise laughed and joked about their drinking antics, but when we saw the true consequences on CBB...Carol went VERY quiet. Since then she and the other one who made a tit of herself are eerily quiet when the subject of drink arises on Loose Women.

Also, am I supposed to believe blabber mouth Denise didn't tell Carol about her separation from Tim and her lover boy? Yet honest Carol pretended nothing was going on when Denise was telling us about her wonderful family relationship.

Strange how she can mouth off about others on a regular basis but when it's close to home either she has a day off or has nought to say.

There's no pretty about it, she's just plain rough looking. Her liver must have taken a pounding over the years.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Do you mean Jane McDonald and not Janet S.Porter. JMcD is doing a make-over lunch time show which IMO is dire. Go to a factory and get some people to make-up, dress up and feed. Only their friends and family could watch it - watched it once and that was it.
    Jane McDonald is a lovely lady and I have met her a few times (I come from Wakefield) and she is ok on that show but not every day on TV - find her something better than that.

Back on topic - read in Bella mag Holly Willoughby is going to be the saviour of Loose Women after Christmas.:eek::eek:

I would like Carole to come back with Ruth Langford - Janet Street Porter - Fern Britton - Jane McDonald - Linda Bellingham etc - ladies of a certain age who will take Loose Women back what it used to be.

No I mean Jane McDonald. I liked her Show, I could potter around making lunch and watch it! I thought it was nice to give some ordinary People a bit of recognition for all their hard work. We constantly hear about the unemployed, benefit fraud, horrendous bullying etc. It was nice to see something pleasant for a Change.

Regarding Loose Women, I so agree with your comments. They Need to get a Panel of older women to discuss REAL Topics of interest. I am bored with their love lives, their boyfriends, their divorces etc. I gather though that most of the People who watch Loose Women are Young mums at home with babies etc and the unemployed so perhaps they have a Panel they think will Appeal to their Viewers!!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Carol did get a mention. They even showed a video of her in the BB house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but no mention of her leaving the show...I dont think they are allowed to talk about it
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I mean Jane McDonald. I liked her Show, I could potter around making lunch and watch it! I thought it was nice to give some ordinary People a bit of recognition for all their hard work. We constantly hear about the unemployed, benefit fraud, horrendous bullying etc. It was nice to see something pleasant for a Change.

Regarding Loose Women, I so agree with your comments. They Need to get a Panel of older women to discuss REAL Topics of interest. I am bored with their love lives, their boyfriends, their divorces etc. I gather though that most of the People who watch Loose Women are Young mums at home with babies etc and the unemployed so perhaps they have a Panel they think will Appeal to their Viewers!!

The panellists they have are fine, they're a good mix and there is a fair amount of light and shade. It would be good to see Ruth Langsford anchoring more often if they're getting rid of Carol, she always fits in well and she can easily handle serious as well as lighter topics.

The problem with the show is just the discussion and they always bring it back to themselves. Inevitably it will happen but at the minute they'll have a discussion on speed limits and then we'll hear that hilarious story about the time Denise drove to the pub and forgot to take her car home, or the time Carol parked 3 streets away from her house and couldn't find her car for a week afterwards :sleep:. It's very repetitive and they just end up speaking about themselves.

About the Carol issue, they'll probably have her on as a guest when shes evicted from CBB and she'll announce it then, and they'll show her some best bits of being on Loose Women or something. I can't see it going unnoticed.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like carol she's so self deprecating. I think the panels too old. I would like to see a few changes.. There's too much talk, we need a musical interlude not at the end, midway, for I have noticed they have had singers on and they do not sing. What is the point of that. Some of the panel are dull and not open, Carol and Denise are open about their lives. I think for younger panelists, Jamelia, Kimberley Walsh would enhance the show.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Jane McDonald and not Janet S.Porter. JMcD is doing a make-over lunch time show which IMO is dire. Go to a factory and get some people to make-up, dress up and feed. Only their friends and family could watch it - watched it once and that was it.
    Jane McDonald is a lovely lady and I have met her a few times (I come from Wakefield) and she is ok on that show but not every day on TV - find her something better than that.

Back on topic - read in Bella mag Holly Willoughby is going to be the saviour of Loose Women after Christmas.:eek::eek:

The Panel is already "women of a certain age" don't you think? The same faces every week. Predictable and dull.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Panel is already "women of a certain age" don't you think? The same faces every week. Predictable and dull.

Yes they are but don't think they know where to find younger women who would be interesting.:D Somebody mentioned Kimberley Walsh and she was a good guest yesterday. I did like Kerry Katona (when she was Macfadden) when she was on there - but not now - so younger ones do fit in.
    Maybe they should have more guest panelists who would just dip in and out inbetween their other jobs.