Masterchef: The Professionals 2013... coming soon

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    A bit of a surprise that was. Still an enjoyable series and finding this thread, helped make finals week even better

Thanks for the interesting reading and comments
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Looking at Adam's twitter page, he and Scott met tonight to watch the final together! I'm sure they will remain good friends!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbTyyecIcAA4abh.jpg:large

That's a sweet pic thanks for posting the link. I'm sure they'll all do well.
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Gregg's greengrocery firm has gone into liquidation as well so he's no longer an 'ingredients expert'. Don't mind him on the supermarket programme.
  • duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of years back, someone from the production team used to view these threads..........hopefully they still do - so here goes;

Get rid of Wallace. You have established this year that Monica and MRJ can quite easily manage the show without his input. Talking of which.............just what the hell is his input? He brings nothing to the show and to include him in the "Chefs Table" at the Brown Hotel was nothing short of an insult to the many talented and qualified people who were there on merit. To include him in the trip to Italy was an insult to licence payers.

If you are going to have a multi-day final system, then for goodness sake let's have some form of scoring brought in for each part. (I have been saying this on DS for years). It is absolutely crazy to have a chef perform brilliantly throughout the week and receive no credit for it - and lose out because on the last part he/she has an "off day"
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vadmun wrote: »
    That's the thing isn't it, a great deal of the "Adam is slipping" storyline comes from Roux saying two of his desserts were a touch too sweet for his palate and that he didn't use enough ingredients in his dessert.

I think we have to stop seeing him as a chef at those moments and more of a ratings chaser starring in a top rated primetime show, wrenching up the drama.

Usually whenever he says something is too sweet then Greg jumps in and says it is just right for him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    This evening in honour of the Grand Final Final, I will be cooking

Sausages Three Ways.

One will be cut in half long its length
    the second will be cut in half across the narrowest part.
    The third will be left intact.

The story behind this dish is too painful to relate, but involves existensial angst.
    And baked beans

:D:D:D (just catching with comments I missed earlier)
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted that Adam didn't win :(>:(
  • MargeMarge Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Steven. All three were fantastic chefs and seemed lovely people too. I would have been happy with any of them winning, but if it had to be based on the final cook-off, then Steven deserved it. Somehow I don't think Adam need worry about his future either.

Just to add my plea - get rid of Greg please!! He was even more idiotic at that final tasting, a complete embarrassment.
  • PoppybearPoppybear Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    SueG wrote: »
    I seem to be the only one who likes Steven. I'm very pleased he won.

I was pleased too. He cooked some great food and was obviously the best on the day. Can't believe the personal comments about his wife and going on about the vanilla potato. It's a cooking competition to find an outstanding chef, the whole package.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    A lot of Gregg rage on here. Should he stick with amateurs and celebs, leaving the pro version to MRJ and Monica?
    Forum Member
    Monica bottled it and went with her boss. Flaky bitch.

Always seems thoroughly professional to me. Setting very high standards. I think she has hopes that Adam will become a very great chef, which I suspect he may, but she's honest enough to concede he wasn't he best on this occasion.
    Forum Member
    A lot of Gregg rage on here. Should he stick with amateurs and celebs, leaving the pro version to MRJ and Monica?

Definitely!
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poppybear wrote: »
    I was pleased too. He cooked some great food and was obviously the best on the day. Can't believe the personal comments about his wife and going on about the vanilla potato.

Please...please tell me there hasn't been another sodding savoury dish with vanilla.

In the final.

The dirty, dirty bast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Steven did not win it. Adam has lost it.

Michel said it himself, he just wanted Adam to deliver, then it would have been a straightforward decision, he was the favorite. And I think he still regards him as the best of them three but he has to be fair. Had Adam won, we´d be claiming that was unfair based on tonight.

You can also see how that is reflected on the announcement of the title. It was the coldest, most awkward celebration I have seen on Masterchef.
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please...please tell me there hasn't been another sodding savoury dish with vanilla.

In the final.

The dirty, dirty bast

No, they're still going on about when he did it at the beginning of the competition. His cooking tonight was flawless.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam blew it big time, he knew it so did the judges, basically flawless till he reached the final test, maybe he got over confident & believed whatever he made would be superb.
  • si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am gutted for Adam - but on the day, the judges couldn't really justify going in any other direction.

Scott is good and solid - but lacking a certain flair
    Adam is potentially brilliant
    Steven had a good day - his best day - when it mattered

Adam is the one who will probably have the best career long term - I know I will try to eat at his restaurant (if I can find out which one it is!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Adam is Head Chef at The Caxton Grill at St Ermins Hotel in London.
  • AlienExplorerAlienExplorer Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I have no doubt the chefs are very talented and will deserve great success in whatever they do, but for me it's not real food. When I cook for myself I don't present tiny portions like that, and I don't make it look like a work of art.
  • cakeholecakehole Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meoqui wrote: »
    Grrrrrr I remember refusing to watch MC at all for 2 series after that tall blond guy lost in the final back along. Hmmm was he called Alex?? I can picture him perfectly but it was so long ago I could have got the name wrong. Anyway the guy that won that year had to have help all week long in the final and was an utter disaster all week and STILL won. That was beyond a joke. Now I'm all mad again. You take the weeble beeble MC!

Alex Rushmer

http://holeinthewallcambridge.com/

Good reviews for his restaurant.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    A couple of years back, someone from the production team used to view these threads..........hopefully they still do - so here goes;

Get rid of Wallace. You have established this year that Monica and MRJ can quite easily manage the show without his input. Talking of which.............just what the hell is his input? He brings nothing to the show and to include him in the "Chefs Table" at the Brown Hotel was nothing short of an insult to the many talented and qualified people who were there on merit. To include him in the trip to Italy was an insult to licence payers.

If you are going to have a multi-day final system, then for goodness sake let's have some form of scoring brought in for each part. (I have been saying this on DS for years). It is absolutely crazy to have a chef perform brilliantly throughout the week and receive no credit for it - and lose out because on the last part he/she has an "off day"

If you marked the last week's tasks you would have had exactly the same result. Since the scraps test, the editing has been raising questions about Adam and the show has been stressing Stephen achieving results as good , if not better.

Greg is there as joe public. The alternative would be chefs talking to chefs, and no confirmation that anyone else would eat it.
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted that Adam didn't win :(>:(

Me too .. he was my winner from the beginning.
  • BubblegumsBubblegums Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Greg has morphed into Harry Hill
  • BubblegumsBubblegums Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Greg is so patronizing. Grown up plates of food!!! And still so shouty. Bet they were glad he was there to count down the cooking time !!!
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dission wrote: »
    Steven did not win it. Adam has lost it.

Michel said it himself, he just wanted Adam to deliver, then it would have been a straightforward decision, he was the favorite. And I think he still regards him as the best of them three but he has to be fair. Had Adam won, we´d be claiming that was unfair based on tonight.

You can also see how that is reflected on the announcement of the title. It was the coldest, most awkward celebration I have seen on Masterchef.

^^^ this