Neighbours: a tornado will devastate Ramsay Street..

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
[news]Neighbours to air shock tornado storyline next month[/news]

There was a promo and it revealed that a tornado hits Ramsay Street, followed by a shot of debris and the Ramsay Street sign fallen over on the ground. Found this out from another Neighbours forum but this is very interesting!!

When there is a link of a promo, will add a link on here :)

Comments

• Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Yes please! Looking forward to it, sounds great!!
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the season finale?
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when they had a big fire. Poor Marco rescued baby Chloe and Carmen married him on his death bed. Wonder if they all make it this time.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when they had a big fire. Poor Marco rescued baby Chloe and Carmen married him on his death bed. Wonder if they all make it this time.

Nobody is leaving as far as I know. The cast is very stable at the moment.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of the shows PG rating I wouldn't really expect anything that exciting.

Maybe a few tiles blown off a roof, a character knocked down by a wheelie bin.

If Kate's Shooting is anything to go by, this will be dire
  • Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is this the season finale?

Far too early for it to be this years season finale? If its being promoted now, will prob be onair mid/late september.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    ??? A tornado in suburban Melbourne? How stupid. Not to mention Australia calls them cyclones.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    ??? A tornado in suburban Melbourne? How stupid. Not to mention Australia calls them cyclones.

A cyclone is more of a hurricane-force storm then a tornado
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,261
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    A cyclone is more of a hurricane-force storm then a tornado

Meh. They still can't afford good effects. The one on Desperate Housewives was bloody brilliant.
  • Simon-SmithSimon-Smith Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be great.
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

I thought that, but on Wikipedia there is a list of all recorded tornados in Australia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southern_Hemisphere_tornadoes_and_tornado_outbreaks#Australia

It seems a bit far fetched / movie to me, but it will make a change from the usual romance sagas!

Neighbours is one of my favourite soaps at the moment.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,056
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see what they come up with on their budget.

:D

In reality they'll only need a couple of quite short CGI shots of the Tornado itself, that's what Desperate Housewives did. Although I doubt they'll destroy the street like on DH!

I'm not botherer about the likelihood of the Tornado, with the way the weather is these days it's perfectly possible.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Maybe Amber could get sucked into it and be lost forever. That way Daniel can go back to being interesting.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,741
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    Maybe Amber could get sucked into it and be lost forever. That way Daniel can go back to being interesting.
    Or, maybe Amber could get knocked unconscious and wake up with a complete (exciting) personality change. If Imogen can go from being likeable to unlikeable for no reason, then anything is possible.
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious, too, especially that promo. I'll think this will be fun.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Neighbours. Home and Away can get away with wild storms and bush fires because of its location but Neighbours is pretty much stuck to doing nothing and this does sound far fetched on paper but I suppose weather is getting more and more extreme so anything is possible.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »

Yes please. He was great on arrival and she's totally ruined him.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »

Nope:D
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Well I'm looking forward to it! Any ideas who might die? What about the new mayor Sue Parker?
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I can see the 30th anniversary focussing on the reopening of whatever businesses get destroyed. Could it take down Lassiters? Will Mark Brenens shirt get blown off? Will Sonya be running around telling everyone but nobody believes her? Will she walk into the local news station and demand that its broadcast? Will Georgia and Bossy wake up in a strange land where Shelia is a wicked witch, Karl a scarecrow and Lou the great and powerful? all will be revelled!
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see the 30th anniversary focussing on the reopening of whatever businesses get destroyed. Could it take down Lassiters? Will Mark Brenens shirt get blown off? Will Sonya be running around telling everyone but nobody believes her? Will she walk into the local news station and demand that its broadcast? Will Georgia and Bossy wake up in a strange land where Shelia is a wicked witch, Karl a scarecrow and Lou the great and powerful? all will be revelled!

:D:D:D
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With Paul as tinman, Susan good witch, josh as talking tree with bailey, Chris as lion.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the spoiler warning! >:(