The Flash - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    So Robbie Amell is joining The Flash as Ronnie Raymond who is known in the comics as part of Firestorm
    Forum Member
    Prison Break actor Wentworth Miller is joining The Flash as villian Captain Cold
    Forum Member
    Also episode 8 of The Flash will be a cross over episode with episode 8 of Arrow
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Also episode 8 of The Flash will be a cross over episode with episode 8 of Arrow
    Awesome. Am going to enjoy these crossovers. Am curious whether they'll be the same episode though, or whether it'll be different episodes, with the same story, just from each hero's perspective.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Awesome. Am going to enjoy these crossovers. Am curious whether they'll be the same episode though, or whether it'll be different episodes, with the same story, just from each hero's perspective.

Part One/Part two, I'd imagine.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Quick question. I have an US Unblock Account and I have an Apple TV. How do I go about watching The Flash when it premiers in the US in October?

Thanks

Baz
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    New trailer.... full of references to the comics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuoKFkv6P0c
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Another cross-over planned.....
    Robert Knepper (Clock King) will appear in an episode.

Saw him labelled a 'success'. Personally, I thought he was poor in one of the very few dodgy episodes of Arrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Given the way UK channels are dumping US shows by the second I would imagine any UK broadcaster will wait to see how this does first before deciding to buy the rights logically you'd think Sky would want it to pair with Arrow but who knows :confused:

Just what they`re doing - Sky have bought it.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the pilot the other day... the only parts I liked were the "cool" scene with Olly and the prison scene with Barry and his dad. The rest was cheesy and generic. :(
    I'm worried for this show. I've always felt Flash works as a side character because there's only so much you can do with a guy that runs really fast.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Quick question. I have an US Unblock Account and I have an Apple TV. How do I go about watching The Flash when it premiers in the US in October?

Thanks

Baz

It is on The CW so you'll be able to watch via there website (not Apple TV) however I don't know if you will be requiring a cable subscription login to watch, otherwise on the Apple TV it will very likely be on the US iTunes Store (or HuluPlus)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the first episode will differ in any way from the leaked pilot or if it will remain exactly the same.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Bit worried little Barry Allen is going to be upstaged on his own show, oh well I love the casting of him and Wentworth, especially them working together again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Bit worried little Barry Allen is going to be upstaged on his own show, oh well I love the casting of him and Wentworth, especially them working together again

Robert Knepper's Clock King from Arrow will be turning up on The Flash as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 1 day to go and even though I did watch the pilot I may rewatch the episode again when it airs.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it and it isn't for me. That sidekick keeps smiling like he is on some beauty pageant. When Barry asked the girl why she wasn,t smiling I thought thank heavens for that: 2 Cheshire cats is more than enough.

The overuse of 'awesome' and. 'cool' grates on me. It was funny when he said to Arrow he couldn't be a vigilante. No one should be a vigilante! It is the whole reason Batman etc is screwed up. Americans especially think that is what you should do. I saw a pundit on a. US sports show talking about domestic violence: he would 'take care of business' if anything like that happened to his daughter. But this show doesn,t have any gravitas or weight at all. If you just want special effects then this might entertain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it just as much as when I watched the leaked pilot, if not more so. Plus it is on the same night as POI, AOS, Chicago Fire and SoA so it makes for a good nights viewing.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the pilot and thought it was good fun! If people were expecting a super gritty world they were looking in the wrong place to start with. This is The Flash after all, it's meant to be more light-hearted and I think tonally they got it about right. At least they seem to have a clear idea as to what what kind of show they're making (*cough* Gotham) and Grant Gustin is instantly likeable as Barry, which helps.
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it.....(didn't watch the leaked one - was there any difference?)

I wanted to like this soooooooooooooo much - but it left me a little underwhelmed.

I don't watch Arrow so had no idea who the dude with the hood was till he called him Oliver - and as I used to collect comics when I was young I kinda figured it out.

Can't really say why I didn't like it that much - maybe the actor whose playing Barry Allen just doesn't fell right.

I remember the version in the early 90's on Sky Tv - enjoyable romp - but like me tv has grown up somewhat and this just didn't cut the mustard.

I will keep watching.................in the hope it improves - just hope the Arrow crossovers etc don't leave me confused as I don't watch the show.

Dave
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whiteswan wrote: »

I wanted to like this soooooooooooooo much - but it left me a little underwhelmed.

I don't watch Arrow so had no idea who the dude with the hood was till he called him Oliver - and as I used to collect comics when I was young I kinda figured it out.

Can't really say why I didn't like it that much - maybe the actor whose playing Barry Allen just doesn't fell right.

I remember the version in the early 90's on Sky Tv - enjoyable romp - but like me tv has grown up somewhat and this just didn't cut the mustard.

I will keep watching.................in the hope it improves - just hope the Arrow crossovers etc don't leave me confused as I don't watch the show.

Dave
    Barry's character and origin were already introduced in season 2 of Arrow, which is one of the reasons they sorta zoomed through it in this pilot. I'd recommend watching the Barry-related episodes of Arrow, even if you don't bother with the rest of the series, because they act as a kind of prequel to The Flash.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    It's the same episode. :)
    You really should. :)
    To be honest, it may just be a matter of time. I know when I first started watching Arrow, I wasn't overjoyed with it, it was just something else to watch, but I guess I grew with the show and am glad I started with it as I love it now. I suspect the same will be the case for Flash.