Options

Does anyone else find life boring?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
Forum Member
Sorry, bit of a depressing thread title, but does anyone feel the same way?

It's just, I'm sat here listening to Radiohead, and I've had one of those "Is this it?" moments. Not in a depressing way, but in a "I really need to sort my life out and do something interesting" kind of way.

It's just there has GOT to be something else out there. Rather than this boring, same thing day-in-day-out life we are all expected to lead.

Wow, that's all quite pathetic and sad sounding, isn't it?

Comments

• Options
    Richieboy87Richieboy87 Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me , my life is always shit
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for a walk in the Dales.
  • Options
    BasicMindsBasicMinds Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    nah, if u feel bored just have a bottle of whisky n a few spliffs, that sorts it all out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Depends what you're after. I actively seek a quiet life as I reached the conclusion some years back that happiness was peace of mind.

The best way for me to achieve peace of mind was to un-complicate my life. The more people in your life the more complicated it is. So I became a little withdrawn. Stopped going out, stopped inviting people round and basically told all those who brought bad karma to never return.

Life surely got quiet. Yeah, some would call it boring. But my god I can sure sleep easy at night.

Peace? It's a helluva thing. I love a boring life.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go for a walk in the Dales.

I'll second that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I think I'm going to take up extreme sports. Something like deep sea diving or tennis.
  • Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for bed...
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am never bored. The whole world is at my fingertips. OP you are a long time dead. Don't waste your life away 'being bored' do something. :)
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I think most of us have those thoughts at one time or another. The trouble is, trying to define exactly what it is that you feel will make your life better is like peering through a heat haze at tantalising, yet indistinct, shimmering treasures which move ever further out of sight as you approach, like the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Ultimately you have to learn to look within yourself and come to understand what it is you truly want out of life. Often the answer isn't quite what you initially thought it might be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am never bored. The whole world is at my fingertips. OP you are a long time dead. Don't waste your life away 'being bored' do something. :)

You think that. But one day, you'll wake up, look out of your window. Same old foggy city/country sky, same old job, week in week out, working so you can put food on your plate and keep a roof over your head. It's all so shit. Sometimes, I wished I lived in a hut in the amazon, or was a tiger in the desert. Life would be a little bit more interesting, at the very least.

Dear god, I'm in a strange mindset tonight. I need to sort myself out.
  • Options
    chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it sucks. I'm feeling especially shite tonight as well for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    I think most of us have those thoughts at one time or another. The trouble is, trying to define exactly what it is that you feel will make your life better is like peering through a heat haze at tantalising, yet indistinct, shimmering treasures which move ever further out of sight as you approach, like the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Ultimately you have to learn to look within yourself and come to understand what it is you truly want out of life. Often the answer isn't quite what you initially thought it might be.

You're wise. Very wise. Don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me of Dumbledore. Even though he is a fictional character, he knows his shit.

But that was very philosophical, what you just said.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    You think that. But one day, you'll wake up, look out of your window. Same old foggy city/country sky, same old job, week in week out, working so you can put food on your plate and keep a roof over your head. It's all so shit. Sometimes, I wished I lived in a hut in the amazon, or was a tiger in the desert. Life would be a little bit more interesting, at the very least.

Dear god, I'm in a strange mindset tonight. I need to sort myself out.

That's a cheerful post MJ.:eek: Honestly I won't wake up one day and think that. It would have happened by now. I don't have to work day in day out. I can do what I like - which helps no end. Maybe when I was younger I had the odd day where I had a few 'life is crap' thoughts, but not for a good few years.

I hope you feels happier soon MJ. :)

It's a cliché - but life is what you make it.
  • Options
    CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Bagpipes wrote: »

I fancy a cheese toasty...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a cheerful post MJ.:eek: Honestly I won't wake up one day and think that. It would have happened by now. I don't have to work day in day out. I can do what I like - which helps no end. Maybe when I was younger I had the odd day where I had a few 'life is crap' thoughts, but not for a good few years.

I hope you feels happier soon MJ. :)

It's a cliché - but life is what you make it.

I'm in a strange mood, ignore me. I am happy, just bored of the whole rat race thing. Sweet baby jesus, I usually never moan like this! I need to stop listening to Radiohead before I get even worse! I'll be making my nan's annual, inffamous birthday speech soon, "I'm not long left for the world....the angel's are coming for me soon!!"

We get it once a year.

Sorry for the randomness there, btw...:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

Cheese is the food of the devil.....
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member

I fancy a troll sandwich, how fortuitous of you to show up at this particular moment.
  • Options
    chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to figure out what I wanna do with this life. I'm unemployed at the moment but I just really can't figure out what job I wanna do.

Don't wanna be stuck in some cramped office again anyway, kind of just wanna do a low-skilled job but with a better social life than working in some crappy IT office.

Envy people that have drive and motivation and know what they wanna do in their lives, I don't have a clue. I've bumbled through it like an idiot thus far.

I pretty much know whatever job I manage to get I'm gonna hate it, and be miserable. That's pretty much my outlook on life at the moment.
  • Options
    the_daddythe_daddy Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could always join the taliban...

Or take up knitting, if your more the indoorsy type.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Not really.
  • Options
    KittiaraKittiara Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yups, I've been there. Looked at the future and thought is this it? I was in a pretty good job, but the idea of 9 - 5 Monday to Friday, week in, week out, year after year was a terrible one. And by the time you can stop, you're usually somewhat removed from your better years.

My decision was to move to a different country, start a new life and do my own thing. It's not always easy and definitely less reliable, but I'm happier.

My ideal would be to get a plot of land, build my own house and be self-sufficient. Unfortunately, these days, it costs a lot of money to buy a lifestyle like that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    When you're on a budget life is boring. I was such a big spender but after I left my job I had to cut down. I guess I'm materialistic. I wouldn't think twice about spending £80 on a night out, but now I limit myself to £30!

Plus, when you start to lose contact with friends life becomes even more dull.

I have take up a new hobby, though. Learning how to play piano :D I can read music - almost - I just need to put 2 and 2 together. I can play the piano somewhat, but one handed and single key presses. The next steps are chords and using both hands.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a walk in the Dales is difficult at 4am. :(
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Yep. Life is pointless.

You do what you do when you're alive. You die. The end.

There are only two things you can't avoid and that is death and taxes.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    a walk in the Dales is difficult at 4am. :(

Indeed. The werewolves might be out partying.