Options

The Beyoncé Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Bey....heck if its continuing onto the next step from 4...i will be in definitely.

If the album and new material is out post-summer into winter it would make for some great promo areas/performance opportunities. And this time next year she could well be on tour too :-O

Unless the new album is a soundtrack for A Star Is Born....are they still filming that?? lol.

Then again, I can see Bey doing this, she made her best concert ever in just 2 weeks so it is very possible a new album is on the way!

I think the A Star is Born soundtrack is a separate project altogether, Bey said two albums so realistically one will be for her and one for the movie. It is still going ahead but they are yet to negotiate when it will film post Beyoncé giving birth. I would assume filming will happen in the summer since Queen B is back to business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCA1992 wrote: »
    Then again, I can see Bey doing this, she made her best concert ever in just 2 weeks so it is very possible a new album is on the way!

I think the A Star is Born soundtrack is a separate project altogether, Bey said two albums so realistically one will be for her and one for the movie. It is still going ahead but they are yet to negotiate when it will film post Beyoncé giving birth. I would assume filming will happen in the summer since Queen B is back to business.

That makes sense, damn i love how Beyonce has really gone up in my books...the past year she has shone and shone!

Power of glasto for ya! :cool: and 4....damn....it is still growing as an album!

Yeah i do think maybe it will be a duo project type thing totally....heck maybe if the album is out and film is out and tour Bey will be near enough ruling come next year with all this material circulating....woah! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That makes sense, damn i love how Beyonce has really gone up in my books...the past year she has shone and shone!

Power of glasto for ya! :cool: and 4....damn....it is still growing as an album!

Yeah i do think maybe it will be a duo project type thing totally....heck maybe if the album is out and film is out and tour Bey will be near enough ruling come next year with all this material circulating....woah! :eek:

Beyoncé has one of the most amazing work ethics, she's unreal.

I would love to see Beyoncé hit the Superbowl in a headlining slot. America already loves her but for someone of her ability performance wise to headline a show on that scale...it would be out of this world and another reminder for the world of the talent that Beyoncé is!

I reckon this next era will have some chart smashers on it. Bey's team know that they were a pile of sh*t last era and will have learned from their mistakes, you could argue they were new management etc but you can't mishandle a star as big as B and not expect a slap on the wrist.

Whatever happens, B IS BACK IN THE GAME!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatched Beyoncé's tribute to Whitney. Get major goosebumps hearing her singing I Will Always Love You. It's just amazing, like the second coming of Whitney in some ways. What a beautiful tribute.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    God really would love it to be true that she's releasing music this year. Like I've said before I wouldn't mind hearing Beyoncé doing a few dance type songs. With her voice and performance skills she would KILL it. I can imagine a big belting voice and some sick dancing. Gotta have the horns though, maybe a mix of big band and dance or something?

Loved the clips of I saw of her recent shows. Nearly a year since '4' came out. Seems longer as so much has gone on for her. Gonna love the build up to it and get that exciting feeling where we start hearing snippets of news and songs etc.

If it does come out in November then I'd love and X Factor performance and that would help sales. I'd like a mix of every album she's done in the new one. Remember that indie route she was meant to be taking that never happened? I wonder if there'll be an element of it this time as she's done covers of Sex On Fire and Iris. She'll kills thought type of songs. Whatever she does I cant wait for it! :D
  • Options
    da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ThinkBreatheLive (TBL) has again teamed up with Beyoncé, this time on her epic four-night Memorial Day weekend comeback concerts, Back to Business, which were staged at Atlantic City's new Revel Hotel. Each show consisted of a two-hour, 23-song odyssey, the majority of which featured a massive TBL-generated interactive graphic display.

The stage was an elaborate colossus that included myriad LED screens, including three 100-foot-plus monitors (one back LED, a mid LED that can hide or reveal the band members, and an LED floor), and several smaller screens on six towers. A blizzard of interactive visuals seesawed across the monitors throughout the show, ranging from a Tron-esque infinity treadmill floor to accompany End of Time to a slew of strobe lights and silhouettes complementing a slow-motion version of Baby Boy to interactive lasers moving to every step of the choreography in Schoolin' Life.

As with last year's Billboard project, TBL worked directly with Beyoncé, director Ed Burke, and choreographer Frank D Gatson Jr throughout the creative process.

"In our first meeting, we asked who our point person would be, and they said, 'Beyoncé,'" stated TBL creative director Andy Jennison. "And that was true – she was a fixture in our office. One of the things I love about working with Beyoncé is that she rolls up her sleeves and gets right into it. She doesn't just come in to approve things, she becomes part of the creative process."

During a series of pre-production meetings, Beyoncé's team presented visual references in order to give Jennison and his team an idea of the flavours Beyoncé was looking for. Jennison quickly put together a treatment which maximized the usage of the various screens that Beyoncé would employ during her show. The team of 2D and 3D artists immediately began working on executing visuals that accented notes, choreography, and Beyoncé's unique vision of graphic, modern and iconic imagery.

http://www.thinkbreathelive.com/

http://www.digitalar...?NewsID=3364288

and this is why i love her
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    da3bool wrote: »

Yes she puts in werk!!!! lol :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member

Yes!

Both her and Christina are the 2 FEMALE VOCALISTS who really get stuck in and get creative.

Sooner or later, they'll be seen as this generation's Whitney and Mariah :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother and I went to the Jayz and Kanye Watch the Throne concert.

All I can say is I had the best time of my life. I love going to concerts but yesterday's was the most fun of all. I can't tell you enough how good it was. I've never been in a concert where everyone in the arena were going crazy, singing, dancing, jumping, bouncing from start to finish as there were no breaks in the show. It was a full on 2:30 hrs of performances. You wouldn't think hip hop act putting on a SHOW but Jay and Kanye have really elevated the hip hop acts. I woke up today with a sore legs, arms and the rest.

It was the most fun concert ever. Beyonce's I am... World Tour comes third in terms of me having fun (letting loose). Gaga's Fame ball was second fun wise.

Even though Beyonce's was the best concert of all of them but I didn't let loose on the night because I was in awe the whole night of her presence. It was like i was trying to soak every bit of second because it was surreal to see an act as good as her live. She was just incredible.

With the talent i witnessed yesterday from Jayz. All I can say is, Blue Ivy is one lucky baby :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother and I went to the Jayz and Kanye Watch the Throne concert.

All I can say is I had the best time of my life. I love going to concerts but yesterday's was the most fun of all. I can't tell you enough how good it was. I've never been in a concert where everyone in the arena were going crazy, singing, dancing, jumping, bouncing from start to finish as there were no breaks in the show. It was a full on 2:30 hrs of performances. You wouldn't think hip hop act putting on a SHOW but Jay and Kanye have really elevated the hip hop acts. I woke up today with a sore legs, arms and the rest.

It was the most fun concert ever. Beyonce's I am... World Tour comes third in terms of me having fun (letting loose). Gaga's Fame ball was second fun wise.

Even though Beyonce's was the best concert of all of them but I didn't let loose on the night because I was in awe the whole night of her presence. It was like i was trying to soak every bit of second because it was surreal to see an act as good as her live. She was just incredible.

With the talent i witnessed yesterday from Jayz. All I can say is, Blue Ivy is one lucky baby :D

I'm so jealous of you!

Jay is really feeding of Beyonce's performance skills, he is a very under-rated performer and has improved so much recently. Tomorrow at Radio 1 he's gonna show off once more. I hope they release a Watch the Throne DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so jealous of you!

Jay is really feeding of Beyonce's performance skills, he is a very under-rated performer and has improved so much recently. Tomorrow at Radio 1 he's gonna show off once more. I hope they release a Watch the Throne DVD.

It's a must but I doubt the greatness of being there in flesh will transcends itself to the DVD as it is a different kind of act to the usual singing and dancing show that Beyonce and Gaga would give you.

It really is hard to describe the greatness of the show. One of a kind. <3
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just starting to get into Beyonce properly, have downloaded all her solo albums and am currently on I Am... Sasha Fierce (listening in no particular order, I chose this first because I know more of the singles). I'm in love with Ave Maria and Radio in particular.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just starting to get into Beyonce properly, have downloaded all her solo albums and am currently on I Am... Sasha Fierce (listening in no particular order, I chose this first because I know more of the singles). I'm in love with Ave Maria and Radio in particular.

I AM... Sasha Fierce <3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epic The Movie First Trailer
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/epic-movie-trailer-gma-exclusive-16644797

Beyonce isn't in this trailer though. She will be Queen Tara (The evil spider Queen).

Really excited for this :D
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have any news on the new DVD yet? I know it's probably a bit early, but I'm dying for it. Really hope we don't have to wait until Xmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we have any news on the new DVD yet? I know it's probably a bit early, but I'm dying for it. Really hope we don't have to wait until Xmas.

No official word bar Beyoncé's clip of End of Time. I would guess a Christmas release to keep Bey out there until next year when it's movie/album time.

I'm only gonna get the new DVD if it's 100% performance. I don't want it if it's meshed in with documentary footage from Beyoncé going swimming with dolphins etc. I know it sounds harsh but I love Beyoncé and she's one of the best performer's alive, there's no need to distract from the god-like shows she puts on with trivial things like what Bey does in her spare time. Keep that as a separate bonus documentary. It really bugged me with I am Sasha Fierce and the Roseland shows!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best DVD is Beyonce Experience. The Las Vegas one is incredible, but the sound was dubbed and it really annoys me when watching it as you can see that her lips aren't moving with the lyrics. The I Am world tour is amazing and what she did with the DVD was a good idea in theory, but I want to see a proper good quality performance of each song, not the camera flicking constantly, plus the sound was obviously dubbed. Then with the Roseland DVD, again the sound dubbing issue. I hope the Revel concert was filmed like Experience was and that they don't have to dub the sound...I find that really annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FINALLY some new Beyonce news to get excited about!! She has posted up a message on her official website which says "Leave your footprint on August 19th 2012". The fans are going crazy trying to work out what this means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY some new Beyonce news to get excited about!! She has posted up a message on her official website which says "Leave your footprint on August 19th 2012". The fans are going crazy trying to work out what this means.

Yesss! I saw this and began wondering what on Earth it could mean!

Could she be merely wrapping up the 4 era with a beautiful I Was Here official video?

Maybe it's a charity initiative with Michelle Obama using I Was Here somehow, I keep connecting to I Was Here because footprints in the sand are lyrics from the start of the track.

Maybe it's a sentence from a totally new track from an EP or possibly lead single! Whatever it is, new Bey is on the way!

So exciting!

I love her braided hair she's been sighted to have. The pic of her in the street with Blue in full view is so cute!
  • Options
    johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.beyonce.com/news/a-message-from-beyonce - Here is what the 19th is about, its about charity no music or anything :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a397380/beyonce-starts-work-on-new-album.html

AHHHH! Can't freakin' wait.

Kanye West and Hit Boy as confirmed producers. Interesting. I love Kanye's productions and Hit Boy produced a lot of Watch the Throne - is B going for a No Church in the Wild style sound? I know she'd get accused of trend-jumping but I would love Beyoncé to work with Sia even if it's just Sia writing a song or three for B, Sia's a seriously talented song writer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a397380/beyonce-starts-work-on-new-album.html

AHHHH! Can't freakin' wait.

Kanye West and Hit Boy as confirmed producers. Interesting. I love Kanye's productions and Hit Boy produced a lot of Watch the Throne - is B going for a No Church in the Wild style sound? I know she'd get accused of trend-jumping but I would love Beyoncé to work with Sia even if it's just Sia writing a song or three for B, Sia's a seriously talented song writer.

and you know how much i LOVE No Church!!!

well if this is true...looks like 4 is a starter and NOT a one and only album like it in her catalogue....bring it on! Still love playing songs off of 4...only a handful i have got less love for on 4 but on the whole it has held up the 14 months! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and you know how much i LOVE No Church!!!

well if this is true...looks like 4 is a starter and NOT a one and only album like it in her catalogue....bring it on! Still love playing songs off of 4...only a handful i have got less love for on 4 but on the whole it has held up the 14 months! :cool:

I definitely think 4 is the start of something new! Beyoncé is always a student of the world in the sense that pretty much everything she sees inspires her in some way. 4 was the start of Beyoncé channelling that inspiration and it was such a revealing record in a cryptic sense about her life. Jay Z's announcement of that miscarriage, I definitely feel I Miss You was a cryptic track for that baby that never was "Just wanna be with you but you're away", of course you can downplay it and just think it's how badly Bey misses Jay, her family, her friends when she's on tour but I just can't help but feel the deep, raw, beautiful production and lyrics of this song mean something more deep, more profound! That track always cuts through me and makes me think of my best friend and relatives who died, but it doesn't upset me cause I just think of the happy memories as you'll only drive yourself insane/crazy depressed if you think otherwise and it's not what they would want!

I hope Bey get's a better mixture on the next album of the uptempo, mid tempo and the ballads. One or two ballads tops, mid tempos and up tempos please! I still reckon that the up tempo tracks for 4 were in the vein of Run the World/End of Time and due to the lack of promotion/mixed response Bey's team decided to not put them on the album. Which is a shame as I love End of Time and Run the World, incredible productions and always stunning when performed live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely think 4 is the start of something new! Beyoncé is always a student of the world in the sense that pretty much everything she sees inspires her in some way. 4 was the start of Beyoncé channelling that inspiration and it was such a revealing record in a cryptic sense about her life. Jay Z's announcement of that miscarriage, I definitely feel I Miss You was a cryptic track for that baby that never was "Just wanna be with you but you're away", of course you can downplay it and just think it's how badly Bey misses Jay, her family, her friends when she's on tour but I just can't help but feel the deep, raw, beautiful production and lyrics of this song mean something more deep, more profound! That track always cuts through me and makes me think of my best friend and relatives who died, but it doesn't upset me cause I just think of the happy memories as you'll only drive yourself insane/crazy depressed if you think otherwise and it's not what they would want!

I hope Bey get's a better mixture on the next album of the uptempo, mid tempo and the ballads. One or two ballads tops, mid tempos and up tempos please! I still reckon that the up tempo tracks for 4 were in the vein of Run the World/End of Time and due to the lack of promotion/mixed response Bey's team decided to not put them on the album. Which is a shame as I love End of Time and Run the World, incredible productions and always stunning when performed live.

I Miss You is so beautiful! reminds me a bit of grace jones Hurricane album..the thunery, echoey organic production and emotive vocals are cutting it is a deep song that i think truly is about loss more than simply "missing" but thats open to interpretation tbh which is what i love...and you know i do hehe!

and totally 4 is a massive launch pad...and End Of Time, Countdown...they are styles that can be enhanced come the next album....and if she does then i am on board with it...go on ane experiment and go all out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Miss You is so beautiful! reminds me a bit of grace jones Hurricane album..the thunery, echoey organic production and emotive vocals are cutting it is a deep song that i think truly is about loss more than simply "missing" but thats open to interpretation tbh which is what i love...and you know i do hehe!

and totally 4 is a massive launch pad...and End Of Time, Countdown...they are styles that can be enhanced come the next album....and if she does then i am on board with it...go on ane experiment and go all out!

Interpretive songs you can discuss and explore and debate about for years on end are the best kind cause they're always refreshing and you can always dig for a new angle!

Speaking of reinvention over in the Madonna thread, perhaps one day Bey could do a 360 with I Miss You and make it into a sexual number about vying for her lover sexually, really make a spin on it about love and missing that intimate side of love! I highly doubt she would given our interpretation of the song's meaning but just a thought!

Here's to 5 being progression from 4 and a smash! I reckon 4 on the chart side of things would have fared better if Bey had more time to get accustomed to her new management etc, cause normally she does huge promo trails, especially stateside, she is on every talkshow performing, talking, she is literally everywhere - I'd love that Bey Domination to be taken across the globe, get her promoted more everywhere. I can't help but feel the UK has only properly started to appreciate Bey and her talent properly with 4, she's converted the UK so much with Glasto and the ITV special, just take that US style domination here and we'll be in the palm of her hands!