The Sanatorium (Part 9)

Comments

• muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kfb wrote: »
    Have a good day, guys.
    Me, I'm having a day off work, going up to Nottingham to take my son out to Sunday lunch for his 25th birthday!
    God, it makes us feel old. :cool:
    Have a good day Kay xx Happy birthday to son :D
  • nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a good day, guys.
    Me, I'm having a day off work, going up to Nottingham to take my son out to Sunday lunch for his 25th birthday!

have a good Sunday CS.:)
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Have a good day, guys.

but its sunday? How many days a week are you working?

isnt it odd how time tends to compress.......I bet you dont feel anything like the mum of a 25 year old. have a lovely day...xx
    Forum Member
    Nobody has any idea yet :D

You had a good song last year. You had a good voice last year. You put up a good effort last year. You just blew it in the presentation of the song....

Once again I will remind you that UK came in 5th place in 2009.

UK also came in 5th place in 2011 (with the televote). But when juryvotes were added they UK dropped to 11th place. These days 11th place in the field of 25 songs is not bad :) At least in my mind it isn't....

who was it in 2009? ive completely forgotten?

I spose you are right, but its easy to watch Eurovision and feel as if the UK dont stand any chance at all of winning, just because of tactical voting because a lot of other european countries dont like the UK very much....

or am I just being paranoid?

I do see what you mean about smaller countries like Finland, but....the UK has one of the most popular music industries and singers from the UK tend to be popular all over Europe, so there is a bit of a mismatch between the commercial popularity of British bands and singers, and how well we tend to do in Eurovision.

I dont know how other countries view eurovision at all? But in the UK it tends to be seen as a joke and career suicide for up and coming bands and songwriters to go anywhere near eurovision .....

mainly because its seen as if the UK arent judged on the merits of the song, but on other more tactical or political motivation.

so there is getting to be some fairly serious discussion for the Uk to not bother to even enter eurovision any more.....
    Forum Member
    LOL
    Comic Relief
    Looks like someone's taking the p*ss ;)

its v funny isnt it.........

I wonder who its meant to be?
  • irishlaurelsirishlaurels Posts: 23,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
    Comic Relief
    Looks like someone's taking the p*ss ;)
    augusta92 wrote: »
    its v funny isnt it.........

I wonder who its meant to be?

Who? What? Why?:confused::confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaahhhhhh......just been in The Little Court......I get the Comic Relief comment now;)
  • JJJ_finlandJJJ_finland Posts: 9,044
    Forum Member
    who was it in 2009? ive completely forgotten?

I spose you are right, but its easy to watch Eurovision and feel as if the UK dont stand any chance at all of winning, just because of tactical voting because a lot of other european countries dont like the UK very much....

or am I just being paranoid?

It was Jade. Singing and Andrew Loyd Webber song. :cool:

I think you are a bit paranoid, ;)

I mean let's just look at last year. UK had Humberdinckeldonger :D

Even brits were screaming how bad he is, he's awful.... ect.

So then how can you complain if the rest of the Europe feels that way too? ;)

You get what I mean? :cool:
    I do see what you mean about smaller countries like Finland, but....the UK has one of the most popular music industries and singers from the UK tend to be popular all over Europe, so there is a bit of a mismatch between the commercial popularity of British bands and singers, and how well we tend to do in Eurovision.

I understand that, but then.........
    Why doesn't UK send these popular stars to Eurovision?

You send Adele, Take That, Robbie Williams, Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Coldplay, One Direction, Jessie J, Emilie Sande........... And I guarantee you will get points :)

But when UK sends Scooch or Daz Sampson, then what do you think is gonna happen? You laugh at them and Europe laughs at them too

But what happaned when you sent BLUE (who at least was known in some parts of Europe) in 2011. Europe voted it in 5th place. So they did like them.....
    But then juries did not (probably cause their singing sucked), so the final placement was 11th.

But then again, the big 5 countries who are automatically in the final might be a bit of a red flag to some. Some europeans don't like the fact that UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany don't have to be in the semifinals and might not want to vote for them that much. Why would be vote cause they are in the final anyway, whereas rest of the Europe has to go through semifinals to enter the final?

But then again, it didn't stop Germany from winning in 2010.
    So I guess, we can always say....... "then again...."

I only say "SEND A PROPER SONG" :p
    It worked for Germany in 2010, it can workd for UK too....:D

But if you willingly send this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOnDcmckdc

then you have no right to complain :D
    I dont know how other countries view eurovision at all? But in the UK it tends to be seen as a joke and career suicide for up and coming bands and songwriters to go anywhere near eurovision .....

Let's put it this way..... Eastern Europe tends to send their most popular artists always to Eurovision. So they do take it seriously....
    mainly because its seen as if the UK arent judged on the merits of the song, but on other more tactical or political motivation.

so there is getting to be some fairly serious discussion for the Uk to not bother to even enter eurovision any more.....

Not political, not tactical.......... IT'S A CULTURAL thing ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys
    Back from the freezing North ( well, almost North)!
    Had a lovely Sunday lunch - makes a change for someone else to cook it! :)

Can't believe my lovely little boy is 25 :eek:

Just caught the tail end of DOI
    I think they're all pretty much on a par now.
    Rooting for Gareth, I think!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Jade. Singing and Andrew Loyd Webber song. :cool:

I think you are a bit paranoid,

I mean let's just look at last year. UK had Humberdinckeldonger :D

Even brits were screaming how bad he is, he's awful.... ect.

So then how can you complain if the rest of the Europe feels that way too? ;)

You get what I mean? :cool:

I understand that, but then.........
    Why doesn't UK send these popular stars to Eurovision?

You send Adele, Take That, Robbie Williams, Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Coldplay, One Direction, Jessie J, Emilie Sande........... And I guarantee you will get points :)

But when UK sends Scooch or Daz Sampson, then what do you think is gonna happen? You laugh at them and Europe laughs at them too

But what happaned when you sent BLUE (who at least was known in some parts of Europe) in 2011. Europe voted it in 5th place. So they did like them.....
    But then juries did not (probably cause their singing sucked), so the final placement was 11th.

But then again, the big 5 countries who are automatically in the final might be a bit of a red flag to some. Some europeans don't like the fact that UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany don't have to be in the semifinals and might not want to vote for them that much. Why would be vote cause they are in the final anyway, whereas rest of the Europe has to go through semifinals to enter the final?

But then again, it didn't stop Germany from winning in 2010.
    So I guess, we can always say....... "then again...."

I only say "SEND A PROPER SONG" :p
    It worked for Germany in 2010, it can workd for UK too....:D

But if you willingly send this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOnDcmckdc

then you have no right to complain :D

Let's put it this way..... Eastern Europe tends to send their most popular artists always to Eurovision. So they do take it seriously....

Not political, not tactical.......... IT'S A CULTURAL thing ;)

BIB Remind me why these countries do not have to compete for semi finals Heidi:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys

Glad you had a good day......the years just fly by don't they:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys

Nice to hear you had a lovelly Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaaaaahhhhhh......just been in The Little Court......I get the Comic Relief comment now;)
    I only just got the remark too ... when the remark is over two threads I don't always click :D
    Forum Member
    BIB Remind me why these countries do not have to compete for semi finals Heidi:)

They bring in most of the money :p

In 1996 Germany didn't take part on the Final and apparently they lost "soooooooo muuuuuuch moneeeeeeeeeey" that they decided to create this BIG 5 that will automatically be part of the final.

Though for years it was the BIG 4, because Italy didn't participate between 1998-2010. Then in 2011 they just decided that they wanted to enter again and they were added to the BIG countries.

It's all about the moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They bring in most of the money :p

In 1996 Germany didn't take part on the Final and apparently they lost "soooooooo muuuuuuch moneeeeeeeeeey" that they decided to create this BIG 5 that will automatically be part of the final.

Though for years it was the BIG 4, because Italy didn't participate between 1998-2010. Then in 2011 they just decided that they wanted to enter again and they were added to the BIG countries.

It's all about the moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :D

Ain't that the truth;) Thanks Heidi:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just reading an online news report about Oscar Pistorius - saying that the police had released information to his girlfriend's family about how she died. This sounded horrific in the extreme.

But then I realised I was reading the Daily Mail online and wondered what the BBC website had to say about it. Not a mention!
    Doh! Stupid me. I know the BBC has had its problems but I still on the whole trust its news coverage over anyone else's - and particularly the Daily Mail online news - when has that ever been known to spout the truth. :p

That's not to say it won't come out if it is the truth but it seems most odd that it wasn't used in his bail hearing by the prosecution to ensure he didn't get bail if it is true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay, you Skyped me and then disappeared so I guess something happened to the connection - I did reply and have left a couple of responses on there. I have to go and lie down now as my back is sore, so see you later x
    Forum Member

I dont know about any of the other countries, but I thought that the the UK got a bye into the semi finals, cos they put up most of the TV and transmitting costs for the links etc for the shows?

The reason none of the credible or half way credible acts enter eurovision is cos it just isnt rated very highly at all in the uk, because of things like an act like Blue , who are very popular in Europe , end up being 11th cos of tactical voting ...:eek:

so it is a bit of a vicious circle, we dont enter acts with a chance of winning or even getting into the top 5 cos it is seen as counter productive.

maybe the UK should not send an entry for a few years? to try and create a bit of an interest in the show.??:confused:
    Forum Member
    I was just reading an online news report about Oscar Pistorius - saying that the police had released information to his girlfriend's family about how she died. This sounded horrific in the extreme.

But then I realised I was reading the Daily Mail online and wondered what the BBC website had to say about it. Not a mention!
    Doh! Stupid me. I know the BBC has had its problems but I still on the whole trust its news coverage over anyone else's - and particularly the Daily Mail online news - when has that ever been known to spout the truth. :p

That's not to say it won't come out if it is the truth but it seems most odd that it wasn't used in his bail hearing by the prosecution to ensure he didn't get bail if it is true.

I saw it on the Yahoo news when I logged on..

And apparently it wasnt raised at the bail hearing, cos the prosecution didnt want to bring out their major reason for thinking he was guilty at the bail hearing. wanting to keep this evidence to use later...

I mean....how does he now explain this allegation that the gf was actually beaten to death with a baseball bat before going into the toilet???

in actual fact if OP got bail , cos he is claiming that it was a totally accidental death , cos his gf had locked herself in the toilet and he accidentally shot her through the bathroom door, then if this is true , she shouldnt have a scratch on her from the baseball bat...

if she does have, or if her blood is found on the bat......where does this leave his supposed excuse that he thought she was an intruder?

He has already put forward his defence....so cant really change it now.....or can he???

I was almost going to say ...its as if his defence team have shot him in the foot...:D:rolleyes:

but that might be a faintly tasteless remark :eek:

this whole thing is curiouser and curiouser...
    Forum Member
    I dont know about any of the other countries, but I thought that the the UK got a bye into the semi finals, cos they put up most of the TV and transmitting costs for the links etc for the shows?

Like I said...... it's aaaaaal about the moneeeeeeeeyyyyyye :D
    The reason none of the credible or half way credible acts enter eurovision is cos it just isnt rated very highly at all in the uk, because of things like an act like Blue , who are very popular in Europe , end up being 11th cos of tactical voting ...:eek:

Ok.....

A) BLUE are known, but they are not Take That, Boyzone or Westlife.

and

B) Noooooooooooo, Blue ended up FIFTH!!!!
    with the televote.... So Europe DID like them. You shouldn't forget that.... ;)

BLUE is known and they have a fanbase in Europe, but they are not SUPERstars in Europe.

Please don't say tactical or political. :cool:
    I've explained many times it's a mainly a cultural thing. And you can't blame countries for certain type of taste. Cause after all it's their taste, their culture.

No country has EVER won because of tactical or political voting. You can't win Eurovision with just political voting. You just can't. In order to do well (top 5 example.... like BLUE DID with the the televote in 2011) you need to have votes from AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL OVER Europe, not just from you neigbourghs :rolleyes:

maybe the UK should not send an entry for a few years? to try and create a bit of an interest in the show.??:confused:

If Finland had given up just because we never did well, we never would have finally won in 2006. And UK has already won MANY TIMES ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So pleased that Dancing on the Edge had such a satisfactory ending after all.
    'on the edge' summed it up nicely because you never knew who was going to turn out to do the right thing.
    In the end, pleasant surprises all round.
    Makes a change from all the gloomy, doomy stuff.
    And the music was great. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finally up, boy do those painkillers knock you out! Laura is just going to have to put up with me not able to do much until my back's cleared up.

Not sure what was up yesterday Kay - you kept Skyping me and then not answering when I responded... made me feel quite paranoid! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I'm finally up, boy do those painkillers knock you out! Laura is just going to have to put up with me not able to do much until my back's cleared up.

Not sure what was up yesterday Kay - you kept Skyping me and then not answering when I responded... made me feel quite paranoid! lol

Sorry about that! None of your responses were coming through for some reason!
    Technology is such a wonderful thing - when it's working :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening all!

We supose to get a new Government tomorrow with changing from Prime Minister (man) to Prime Minister (woman) our 1 but I have a feeling nothing will get better with and we will go to Elecions soon again. This year probably before summer

2 dogs larger then 55 kilograms attacked a golden retriver 35 kilograms and the 2 larger dogs where from a tiny lady that has les then 60 kilograms. :eek: All you hear her is saying that he is supose to let go off that nice doggy:D That's probably all she could do.

WTF that is insane like I would take on a walk a Saint Bernard
    :D o Natalija goes left and the dog desides to go on right so what can Natalija do?:rolleyes: Go right:p or she gets draged to the right:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening all!

We supose to get a new Government tomorrow with changing from Prime Minister (man) to Prime Minister (woman) our 1 but I have a feeling nothing will get better with and we will go to Elecions soon again. This year probably before summer

2 dogs larger then 55 kilograms attacked a golden retriver 35 kilograms and the 2 larger dogs where from a tiny lady that has les then 60 kilograms. :eek: All you hear her is saying that he is supose to let go off that nice doggy:D That's probably all she could do.

WTF that is insane like I would take on a walk a Saint Bernard
    :D o Natalija goes left and the dog desides to go on right so what can Natalija do?:rolleyes: Go right:p or she gets draged to the right:o

Don't think Pika would be up to attacking another dog, would she?