Options

Once Upon a Time Season 3 - US Pace. ***spoilers***

I see that this is back on 29 September in the US.

I've only had a quick look online but it seems that Ariel and Prince Eric will be in the new series and Ursula may also appear.

It looks like Robin Hood has been recast with Sean Maguire taking over from Tom Ellis.

The trailer looks good and I'm looking forward to seeing Peter and Tinkerbell .

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Josh Dallas just posted the extended Season 3 promo on Twitter http://youtu.be/MVQfwI-7Qt4

Can not wait for the 2hr season premier.

Neverland here we come!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 hour special!! Hooray. I'm pleased this season is split in two airing weekly with no breaks during autumn/spring, it was frustrating before.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait for Five to show this so looks like I will be getting this and Family Guy to US Pace.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, you USers get a 2 hour première? :eek:

I don't think that's happened with any of the OUAT season premières here in the UK so far...

I hope you guys enjoy it! [albeit, I am abit green] :D

Oh, and some shameless promotion from me - I have a new OUAT tee design up on my store now by the name of 'Something Wicked This Way Comes':

https://resurgencetees.bigcartel.com/product/ouat-something-wicked-this-way-comes-f

It is a spiritual companion piece to my original 'Two Halves, One Whole' design:

https://resurgencetees.bigcartel.com/product/ouat-two-halves-one-whole

They're both displayed as Female-Only on my store, but If any guys want to nab one, then just PM / Email me the relevant details. :)
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LI0N wrote: »
    2 hour special!! Hooray. I'm pleased this season is split in two airing weekly with no breaks during autumn/spring, it was frustrating before.

I agree, the constant breaks last season irritated the life out of me!

One break in the form of two eleven-week bursts is much better. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode. Didn't realise how much I missed this show until I started watching this episode. If this is any indication of what is coming up this season, then I'm very excited! :)
    Really loving the dark element to it. The two clowns getting killed of in 5 minutes. Rumple's half hearted hee hee. :D Lots of punching. :D I just love Hook. :o His snark to Rumple and the smirk to Regina. Hook and Emma. :p If Neal sees their whole relationship growing through that crystal ball I'm all for it! ;)

Few things I noticed. This version of Peter Pan seems to have Lord of the Flies influence to it.Creepy Peter Pan! :eek: Does anyone know if we get to see Tinkerbell?
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    Brilliant episode. Didn't realise how much I missed this show until I started watching this episode. If this is any indication of what is coming up this season, then I'm very excited! :)
    Really loving the dark element to it. The two clowns getting killed of in 5 minutes. Rumple's half hearted hee hee. :D Lots of punching. :D I just love Hook. :o His snark to Rumple and the smirk to Regina. Hook and Emma. :p If Neal sees their whole relationship growing through that crystal ball I'm all for it! ;)

Few things I noticed. This version of Peter Pan seems to have Lord of the Flies influence to it.Creepy Peter Pan! :eek: Does anyone know if we get to see Tinkerbell?

Where did you watch it?
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching it now, I have not really been following casting news so had no idea Sean Maguire was going to be Robin Hood :D
  • Options
    x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. Although gutted it wasn't a 2 hour première as mentioned above.

Hook is definitely my fave character. Loved his line to Emma about quite fancying her when she wasn't shouting at him :)

Apparently Tinkerbell has been cast.

Can't wait until next week
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good opener. I did get the feeling the writers have decided to go in a different direction to whatever they originally planned, considering...
    ...how quickly Greg and Tamara were despatched (and their entire plan was revealed to be little more than a ploy to get Henry to Never Land).

It's just a shame Maguire was playing Hood and not Krod Mandoon. :D

And not long now till Wonderland too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x_Toots_x wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. Although gutted it wasn't a 2 hour première as mentioned above.

According to the abc site there were 2 episodes aired which filled a 2 hour slot.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    According to the abc site there were 2 episodes aired which filled a 2 hour slot.
    They didn't re-air the season 2 finale, did they? Everywhere I've looked has episode 2 screening on 6th October,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    They didn't re-air the season 2 finale, did they? Everywhere I've looked has episode 2 screening on 6th October,

Not sure, ones titled 'Journey To Neverland' and the other is 'The Heart of the Truest Believer'.
    I could of sworn the last episode of season 2 was 'And Strait On Till Morning'.

Edit: according to this link the 2 hour premiere consists of a recap episode and episode 1.
    An official ABC press release explains that the special will take a look at a few big storylines, including Emma and Snow White’s separation from their family in post-curse Fairy Tale Land; Cora’s plan to eliminate Rumple and become “The Dark One”; the big Neal reveal of him being Henry’s father; Greg and Tamara kidnapping Henry; and Neal’s fate when he’s found by Aurora, Mulan, and Prince Phillip! Phew. We’re exhausted just thinking about it.
    http://www.wetpaint.com/once-upon-a-time/articles/2013-09-23-season-3-two-hour-premiere
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg having his shadow ripped out was pretty dark, wasn't it? :eek: I like it! :D

And I loved the Snow / Regina fight, that punch has been a long time coming! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the two hours included the recap episode, although from a season three promo advert I'm pretty sure it mentioned a two hour premier, so I presumed wrong lol.

There isn't a need to use spoilers to discuss the episode just aired surely? as this is the US pace thread.

Hopefully Aurora, Phillip and Mulan feature more now they're helping Neil and thier background with The Charmings.

My favourite line goes to Regina staying true to her Evil Queen persona. Re: The Mermaid: "Filet the bi**h" lol :D

Next weeks preview looks good, time to wish the week away :p
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot it was back already lol.

Loved it, even if it was predictable for the most part (i.e. the boy being Pan, Greg & Tamara's discovery about the 'Home Office' and being killed off really quick). Nice to see Emma get serious and take charge (Her line to Snow/Charming about being the same age so have both had experience cut pretty deep). Charming also manned up as well. As Emma said at the end they need to be their core selves in order to get Henry back!

Gold's sarcastic Rumple pose was really funny as was Regina generally, just because she's on the side of Snow & Co doesn't mean her personality has changed (Roasted Mermaids!). Also nice to see clarification about the portals even if it was obvious in hindsight, where you think of is where you go.

Best bit, 11 weeks straight with no gaps! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just about to watch on abc, quite excited :)
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I forgot it was back already lol.

Loved it, even if it was predictable for the most part (i.e. the boy being Pan, Greg & Tamara's discovery about the 'Home Office' and being killed off really quick). Nice to see Emma get serious and take charge (Her line to Snow/Charming about being the same age so have both had experience cut pretty deep). Charming also manned up as well. As Emma said at the end they need to be their core selves in order to get Henry back!

Gold's sarcastic Rumple pose was really funny as was Regina generally, just because she's on the side of Snow & Co doesn't mean her personality has changed (Roasted Mermaids!). Also nice to see clarification about the portals even if it was obvious in hindsight, where you think of is where you go.

Best bit, 11 weeks straight with no gaps! :)

Yep all of the above tho wish it had been a two episode premier and hope they can weave both worlds together with the interaction.

Best line for me had to be hook on fancying Emma
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very good indeed :) The only downside was those annoying American adverts that were far too often IMO :D
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good indeed :) The only downside was those annoying American adverts that were far too often IMO :D

At least they are only about 30-40 seconds long at a time, I bet all together they have about the same amount (in minutes) of adverts in an hour as we do.

I hate adverts though so download the eps a few minutes after it has aired when the kind uploaders have already gotten rid of the adverts.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to say I found that one episode more compelling and enjoyable than half of season 2 :)
    What I loved about OUAT was the flashback to the classic stories and then the modern life. I was worried by the sound of S3 that the focus would be on Neverland. I don't know what I worried about because I loved it and I believe we are getting
    some flashbacks later with Rumple's father

I think S2 had too much modern life and not enough classic back story. S3 seems to be heading in a different direction entirely which I am enjoying so far.

Loved big bad Rumple being well and truly back :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So does anyone else think that when the Seer said to Rumple "The Boy will be your undoing"
    wasn't actually meaning Henry, but could of actually meant Pan?
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does anyone else think that when the Seer said to Rumple "The Boy will be your undoing"

I've always suspected 'His Undoing' is the end of the Dark One and not Rumple tbh,

Nice idea, but you can guess which character fits this theory.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. I think the "boy who will lead him to his son" is Pan to present day Neal.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the Seer meant that Rumple will die trying to save Henry which would technically mean that Henry was his undoing