Options

Arrow Season 2 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too late to edit, Promo is here. There's also a lot of speculation that
    Cyrus' reveal at the end of the episode with Brother Blood could be a shout out to a variant on Solomon Grundy.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Moira said she had an affair with Malcolm I thought the shocker would be that he is Oliver's father. Since he's Thea's its a bit disgusting that her half brother Tommy commented on how hot she had become in season 1 and if I remember rightly didnt she have a crush on Tommy at one stage during season 1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    When Moira said she had an affair with Malcolm I thought the shocker would be that he is Oliver's father. Since he's Thea's its a bit disgusting that her half brother Tommy commented on how hot she had become in season 1 and if I remember rightly didnt she have a crush on Tommy at one stage during season 1?

There's nothing "disgusting" about it when the parties involved have no idea they are half-siblings. If Thea and Tommy had known they were related and still expressed their respective thoughts then it would have been a touch creepy however.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Was at the very least hoping for a lovely hug with Oliver and felicity but no, grrr
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Was at the very least hoping for a lovely hug with Oliver and felicity but no, grrr

Don't worry, i'm sure they'll do even more than hug at some point.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    There's nothing "disgusting" about it when the parties involved have no idea they are half-siblings. If Thea and Tommy had known they were related and still expressed their respective thoughts then it would have been a touch creepy however.

Just to put it into context I said " a bit disgusting" because I know they didnt know they were related, hence the use of the phrase "a bit" before the word "disgusting".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    Just to put it into context I said " a bit disgusting" because I know they didnt know they were related, hence the use of the phrase "a bit" before the word "disgusting".

Yes I know, and all I said was that, as they didn't know, I don't believe it did qualify as disgusting.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »

Poor Felicity.

I know nothing of the comic stories, but is Merlin key to them, as the character itself was played out by the end of season 1?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Poor Felicity.

I know nothing of the comic stories, but is Merlin key to them, as the character itself was played out by the end of season 1?.

Yes, Malcolm Merlyn is a major villain in the comics.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Well, that was a mixed-bag of an episode. I'm assuming that Vertigo is now gone for good, despite the events of the final minutes. Mostly, because I know the writers check ComicBookMovie regularly, so they'll now Gabel wasn't very popular. Shame though - I thought this was his best episode. If they could have used last seasons overdose to change him a bit and maybe tone down the Joker comparisons, he would have become a great recurring villain. Count Nutbag.

The stupid - who watching didn't know that the flu vaccine was responsible?? Made even worse by Felicity twice mentioning how smart she is FFS. Also, I really hope Moira's lawyer wasn't based on Marc Guggenheim or anyone he used to work with....if she was, I feel very sorry for anyone represented by them. She didn't know that Not-Harvey Dent would ask Thea difficult questions? Even I had a valid response prepared that would have explained why she didn't visit her mother straight away.

Malcolm being back.....shocked that it happened so soon, but not shocked that he is Thea's father. They're doing a good job for now, but I'm not sure how long they can keep so many villains in play without some of the characters being pushed aside.
  • Options
    GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one seeing Star Lab's execrator turning Berry Allen into the Flash?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GrimmGhost wrote: »
    Am I the only one seeing Star Lab's execrator turning Berry Allen into the Flash?

Execrator? You mean accelerator right?
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Can't ever happen. Barry Allen ran so fast, he went from the DC Universe to the Marvel Universe and is now known as Buried Alien or Fast Forward http://marvel.wikia.com/Buried_Alien_%28Earth-TRN242%29
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suspect the particle accelerator will be what is used to give The Flash his powers yes but that's now expected to take place in his own proper pilot episode rather than a back door pilot in Arrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Execrator? You mean accelerator right?
    Oops! Yes, that's what I meant. What the heck is an 'execrator'? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops! Yes, that's what I meant. What the heck is an 'execrator'? :o

Haha, I have no idea. I wasn't sure if you made a mistake or I misheard it when it was said.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'll say one thing for the Flash, it'll be interesting to see how they do it, especially if all of this is in the same universe. Thus far, in Arrow, nobody is superhuman, nobody has special abilities, they're all just people (granted, trained and in peak condition).

Barry's predicament will see him with actual powers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I'll say one thing for the Flash, it'll be interesting to see how they do it, especially if all of this is in the same universe. Thus far, in Arrow, nobody is superhuman, nobody has special abilities, they're all just people (granted, trained and in peak condition).

Barry's predicament will see him with actual powers.

If it comes to be that Professor Ivo finds the Japanese super-soldier formula and makes use of it, we could be seeing some powered-up baddies in future episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it comes to be that Professor Ivo finds the Japanese super-soldier formula and makes use of it, we could be seeing some powered-up baddies in future episodes.

We've already seen a taste of this sort of thing from Brother Blood as well with the serum he's been injecting into the captives.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a fantastic episode!

Loved Barry! Can't wait for the next episode. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a fantastic episode!

Loved Barry! Can't wait for the next episode. :D

Totally agree, that was such an emotional rollercoaster of an EP, laying down all kinds of new leads for future stories and I loved the casual slip in of Ra's al ghul's name.
    It was really odd at first seeing Grant Gustin playing another role but he was very good, I did have to laugh at the line about him not being able to dance though given his Glee character Sebastian Smythe's excellence in that field :)
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That latest episode. Incredible! I think that episode confirmed to me that S2 is better than S1. And to think I was never a comic book or Marvel fan really. Barry was awesome!

Ratings are going great too. Last night in the US received the highest episode rated episode since February (EP 14 of S1) by getting 3.24m and a 1.2 demo. It's only .2 away from matching The X Factor USA.

Ratings so far for this season...

2.74m
    3.06m
    2.89m
    2.37m
    2.80m
    3.09m
    2.66m
    3.24m
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    Half the stuff that Ollie already does is pretty much impossible in the real world, let alone whilst wearing a hood that removes his entire peripheral vision.

Yes, it is impossible. I'm a former archer, using a compound bow not unlike the one used on Arrow, and couldn't make any of those action shots. Even an Olympic standard archer could not do it. Also, treating the bow like he does, and using it as a blunt instrument, would pretty soon make is unusable for shooting arrows.

Reality to one side, this is still a cracking show. Moira, looking gorgeous as usual, and Felicity easily prettier than Laurel or her sister, and a much more interesting character. As for the Flash, as others have suggested, they cannot 'do' this character without genuine superpowers. But, so far, I like the blokie playing Barry Allen.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm i just got finished reading most on the New Earth comics a low and behold miss. Isabel Rochev was in it as 'The Queen' I wonder if that means we will get to see her become this character in the show. I hope so I dont want it to be another DKR with the Marion Cotillard bait and switch with the Talia Al Ghul.

More on Isabel Rochev A.KA The Queen:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Isabel_Rochev_(New_Earth)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm i just got finished reading most on the New Earth comics a low and behold miss. Isabel Rochev was in it as 'The Queen' I wonder if that means we will get to see her become this character in the show. I hope so I dont want it to be another DKR with the Marion Cotillard bait and switch with the Talia Al Ghul.

More on Isabel Rochev A.KA The Queen:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Isabel_Rochev_(New_Earth)

I don't think so as they're not using the New Earth timeline if I remember rightly and we already know we're getting
    Nyssa al Ghul later this season and there's been plenty of rumours that Summer Glau's character's actually Talia al Ghul masquerading as Isabel Rochev.