Options

Michael McIntyre Chat Show

occyoccy Posts: 65,180
Forum Member
✭✭
Michael McIntyre is getting his own chat show on BBC One later this year.

The funnyman, one of the biggest draws on the live comedy circuit, will interview a trio of celebrity guests in each of the six 45-minute shows.

He said: "From my very first conversation I remember thinking, 'This should be televised'. Well now the British Broadcasting Corporation has made my dream a reality.

"I am overwhelmingly excited about meeting and having fun with my favourite celebrated people on The Michael McIntyre Chat Show."

Michael, who got his big break at the 2006 Royal Variety Performance and hosted the show four years later, is a regular on the BBC with shows including Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow.

He has also done a stint as a judge on ITV's Britain's Got Talent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25745273

Next Wogan?

Comments

• Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He might be good. His stand-up annoys me though!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He said: "From my very first conversation I remember thinking, 'This should be televised'. Well now the British Broadcasting Corporation has made my dream a reality.
    That makes him sound like a complete cock!
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Next Wogan" ? Not a chance.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cause your comedian doesn't mean your a good chat show host. Many are trying it Michael Ball, Alan Titchmarsh, Graham Norton and Paul O Grady to name but a few.
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    So smug, so punch-able.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he's my favourite comedian so I will be keen to see how he does as a chat show host (a whole different discipline).
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Monday 10th March
  • Options
    don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by alternate

So smug, so punch-able.

My sentiments also! Someone I just cannot watch.
  • Options
    CrazybbfanCrazybbfan Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    It says in The Sun this morning that he got paid massively for the show.

I like him but I don't know if he's worth millions tbh
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he can make some obvious observations and remark upon them. That will be well worth his £500k fee.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Hopefully he can make some obvious observations and remark upon them. That will be well worth his £500k fee.

He is Britain's most successful stand up for a reason, more people find him funny than any other stand up.
  • Options
    gopher_uk1gopher_uk1 Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I find his stand up relies a bit too much on swearing, but he seems affable and could be a good host. Will be watching for certain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gopher_uk1 wrote: »
    I find his stand up relies a bit too much on swearing, but he seems affable and could be a good host. Will be watching for certain.

Swearing? He hardly ever swears in his stand-up.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    He said:

"From my very first conversation I remember thinking, 'This should be televised'. Well now the British Broadcasting Corporation has made my dream a reality."

That makes him sound like a complete cock!

I can't really disagree with you on that.
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gopher_uk1 wrote: »

Couldn't be further from the case re swearing
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is Britain's most successful stand up for a reason, more people find him funny than any other stand up.

Like telling me One Direction are the best band because they sold the most records. Michael McIntyre is lowest common denominator 'have you noticed' type of comedian. He's banal in every way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like telling me One Direction are the best band because they sold the most records. Michael McIntyre is lowest common denominator 'have you noticed' type of comedian. He's banal in every way.

I didn't say that did I? I said he was the most successful because more people find him funny. But while we're on the subject, how else are we judging how funny people are if it's not by how many people think they're funny?
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like MM Ive seen him twice on tour, he doesn't use a lot of sWearing far from it. I look forward to seeing how this works out, Alan Carr did well on chatty man but I think that's because its ch4 whereas Graham Norton went right down hill since he moved to the BBC, I do hope MM show is more like AC than GN
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I like MM Ive seen him twice on tour, he doesn't use a lot of sWearing far from it. I look forward to seeing how this works out, Alan Carr did well on chatty man but I think that's because its ch4 whereas Graham Norton went right down hill since he moved to the BBC, I do hope MM show is more like AC than GN

Graham Norton's old style Ch 4 shows were very loud, in ya face and smutty. I think the move to BBC favoured him considerably and he now shows good balance in his style and the way he deals with some very high profile guests. Im not a big fan of Michael McIntyre but it will be interesting to see how he handles guests etc when hes used to being the centre of attraction. The guests will be spreading themselves thinly between Messrs Carr,Norton, Ross and now McIntyre...and I hope its not same old, same old.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    Graham Norton's old style Ch 4 shows were very loud, in ya face and smutty. I think the move to BBC favoured him considerably and he now shows good balance in his style and the way he deals with some very high profile guests. Im not a big fan of Michael McIntyre but it will be interesting to see how he handles guests etc when hes used to being the centre of attraction. The guests will be spreading themselves thinly between Messrs Carr,Norton, Ross and now McIntyre...and I hope its not same old, same old.

probably just my type of humour but I much preferred GN on Ch4 I feel like being on the BBC had made he become a bit less controversial
  • Options
    BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    probably just my type of humour but I much preferred GN on Ch4 I feel like being on the BBC had made he become a bit less controversial[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree. I couldn't resist the C4 one though too !..think it was on a Friday night like his BBC show.
  • Options
    rdanvillerdanville Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Swearing? He hardly ever swears in his stand-up.

He swears plenty.
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what we need,yet another chat show. There aren't even enough proper celebrities to share around between the ones we already have.

I don't understand why a channel would need more than one chat show anyway. I'm not a fan of McIntyre, so I won't be watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rdanville wrote: »
    He swears plenty.

Having seen every show he has ever done I would disagree. Out of all the mainstream stand ups he probably swears less than any of them.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    Graham Norton's old style Ch 4 shows were very loud, in ya face and smutty. I think the move to BBC favoured him considerably and he now shows good balance in his style and the way he deals with some very high profile guests.

I agree with this. Lets not forget Norton is a lot older now than when he was at Channel 4, he’s matured and his current BBC show reflects that I think. Personally I find his current show more watchable that his previous Channel 4 shows.

What surprises me about this Michael McIntyre announcement is that he’s supposedly getting paid £500,000 for 6 shows. And from the BBC too! That seems unrealistically high. Does he own his own production company, and is the half a million paycheque to cover production costs too?