Options

Buying both PS4 and Xbox One?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought a PS4 but not got many games for it. I had an Xbox 360 before which I've kept. Is it worth buying an XB1 for Dead Rising, Forza, Kinect all games I use to own on the 360? Seems to be more exclusives this gen than last time with the PS3. Anybody else buying both?

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was going to buy a second current gen console it would probably be a Wii U.

Nothing really interests me on the Xbone except Forza.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have decided to buy both consoles i got a xbox one at the moment for quantum break which is way off from release date.But i have dead rising 3 for it so all good and it is a good fun game

After hearing that the last of us is being remastered for the ps4 and a rumored release of june that's the deal breaker for me.I am glad i held off buying the last of us for ps3 in the hope it would be released for ps4 :D.

With the next gen specs it feels worth buying both consoles due to the graphics and the current exclusive games on both consoles makes it worth it and to think of the future game exclusives that may come.After seeing a game publishers tech demo on a ps4 for example Quantic Dream called the dark Sorcerer on youtube.Their previous game`s heavy rain and 2 souls were brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have both consoles. Xbox One gets more use then the PS4
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm planning on getting both consoles. The PS4 first.
    It's inevitable that there will be an exclusive I want to play so better to save and get both.
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    So people are willing to buy both consoles that will be £700 + (including games) and possibly £800 + (online subscriptions).

Yet PC gaming is still too expensive? OK.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any PC exclusives other than those mmo things though?

Not knocking PCs, just not for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »

There's exclusives that can last you 1000 + hours. Civilization 5 and Dota 2 aren't MMOs and are quality games. :cool:

Would rather them than the console exclusives that are story driven and little gameplay. I've heard the new infamous game only takes 6 hours to finish the story. That's their biggest focus and that's all it takes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    So people are willing to buy both consoles that will be £700 + (including games) and possibly £800 + (online subscriptions).

Some of us simply don't like PC gaming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of us simply don't like PC gaming.

Care to give your reason instead of leaving it there? :p
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

There are far more exclusives on PC than all the other consoles combined. But if you are only interested in populist AAA type gaming (which is available on the PC as well) you may as well stick with console if you have already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the popular ones like bf4, uncharted series, the new tomb raider.
    Bf4 up till this gen, yeah was missing the scale of pc, but it's pretty much the same now.

I prefer everyone is on a level playing field and experiencing the same thing. With pcs due to everyone's different hardware this can't be certain. Also hacking I believe is more prevalent on pc versions of games. A hacked game just puts me off straight away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Care to give your reason instead of leaving it there? :p

It's just personal preference really. Gaming on a pc simply doesn't feel as good as console gaming to me.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's because owning both new consoles means access to the exclusives. Console owners see it as hassle free 'plug and play' gaming. Not all AAA* titles come to PC.

I own a gaming rig but still bought a PS4 because I wanted to play Killzone Shadow Fall and I want to play the new Uncharted and the like. We're never going to get them on PC are we. Saying that though, if a game is being launched for PS4 and PC then I'll go for the PC version every time, simply because it's cheaper.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm actually with you here, I would build a gaming rig before buying an Xbone. Many MS exclusives are also out on the PC so I would just play them there.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's just personal preference really. Gaming on a pc simply doesn't feel as good as console gaming to me.

Yep, I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I'm actually with you here, I would build a gaming rig before buying an Xbone. Many MS exclusives are also out on the PC so I would just play them there.

best thing about PC gaming is the price of the games mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I agree.

is that the simple 'plug and play' mate ?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly the price of games are better. This is partly as they know if they overprice folk will just pirate them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Undoubtedly the price of games are better. This is partly as they know if they overprice folk will just pirate them.

it happens regardless of cost
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah that £350 (excluding games and accessories) and the £300 i'm spends on an Xbox one with games and accessories (when i'll be willing to pay in the future) totaling £650 is the same price i could pay for a top of the range PC and keep it running the latest games for 10 years

The argument for PC gaming is that its better and cheaper but its always that better part that gets me, why would you want a PC that is only slightly better than consoles but not the best, surely you would want to own the best Gaming PC possible at all times or what is the point in even caring about that little bit better to begin with

Then comes the console exclusives, i could have the best Gaming PC ever worth £10,000 but will it play Uncharted? will it play The Last of Us? Will it play RYSE? the answer is no

In 5 years time i'll be waiting for AC10 (or whatever) on PS4 think wow that looks amazing, while the first thought for a PC gamer will be what are the specs do i need to upgrade anything, what do i need for max settings etc, i know which one is better for me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is not how pirating works, people who pirate wouldn't be willing to pay anything hence why they have stolen it
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best thing about PC gaming is the price of the games mate.

That and modding, mods can turn a 50 hour game into a 1000 hour game. Consoles are fine if you're happy to play what the devs have given you, if you want to play your way then the PC is where it's at.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Yeah that £350 (excluding games and accessories) and the £300 i'm spends on an Xbox one with games and accessories (when i'll be willing to pay in the future) totaling £650 is the same price i could pay for a top of the range PC and keep it running the latest games for 10 years

The argument for PC gaming is that its better and cheaper but its always that better part that gets me, why would you want a PC that is only slightly better than consoles but not the best, surely you would want to own the best Gaming PC possible at all times or what is the point in even caring about that little bit better to begin with

Then comes the console exclusives, i could have the best Gaming PC ever worth £10,000 but will it play Uncharted? will it play The Last of Us? Will it play RYSE? the answer is no

In 5 years time i'll be waiting for AC10 (or whatever) on PS4 think wow that looks amazing, while the first thought for a PC gamer will be what are the specs do i need to upgrade anything, what do i need for max settings etc, i know which one is better for me

Your'e right, it won't play Uncharted or The Last of Us, simply because it will never have the chance. As for 5 years time when your'e sitting playing AC10 on your 5 year old spec, PC will be running the same game with higher, possibly 4k or even 8k resolution. I used to think the same, that PC gaming would be too expensive and require upgrading all the time but I was wrong.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Got a PS4. Got a XB1. Got a Wii-U. Got a decent PC.

All angles covered. :D
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to enjoy PC gaming in the past. The things I really enjoyed was the mods and playing with the hardware, tweaking settings and trying to get the most out of my hardware. I would often buy new graphics cards, add memory, try beta and custom drivers and I got just as much fun out of trying to squeeze an extra couple of frame per second out of a game.

These days I just want to power on a box and load a game to play. I find consoles perfect for that. Without the hardware tweaking I found PC a lot less enjoyable. Consoles perfectly suit me these days. Although I do miss the modding a game.

To each their own...