Options

Hollyoaks - It's just getting ridiculous now (Warning - Spoilers Included)

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The latest E4 shock twist is just one step too far IMO, Hollyoaks has been contrived for the past year or so, particularly in the last few months but the latest shock twist - Dodger apparently being Nico's father is just ridiculous. Not only is it ridiculously contrived that two 14 year olds who just so happen to be seperated twins would sleep with one another and have a baby, that's without bringing into account the numerous plot holes - A) How could Sienna not remember who she slept with unless she was drugged B) How could Patrick know that the father is Dodger considering that he believed Dodger was dead for years C) How could Dodger not think in the back of his mind about having sex with someone when he was 14, around the same time Sienna conceived her child.

That's without taking into account the numerous other reasons it's such an absurd plot idea. I mean, we've had some ridiculous cliffhanger moments such as Ste nearly sleeping with Danny, Sandy being Darren's mum and Sam and Danny's death but this just takes the biscuit. Do the writers and BK think we're stupid and/or have two week memories?

Unless this is yet another red herring like Peri/Sienna I fail to see how Hollyoaks can regain a shred of believability after this.

Comments

• Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Call me crazy but I saw this coming a mile off.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I said the same thing about two week memories!!

Hollyoaks have such contempt for their viewers if they believe we are able to forget all the stuff previously. They really must believe their audience are thickos.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes how could Patrick know Dodger was the dad cause he was told he died as a child

This is really just ridiculous now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I still think that this is a red herring because as the OP said, Patrick believed that dodger died when he was a baby so how could he know that he was Nicos dad. I think he's trying to cover his tracks so either he is the father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emily_xxx wrote: »
    I still think that this is a red herring because as the OP said, Patrick believed that dodger died when he was a baby so how could he know that he was Nicos dad. I think he's trying to cover his tracks so either he is the father.

Hollyoaks have officially confirmed the story to DS.
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *scratches head*

During his first stint on Hollyoaks I thought Brian Kirkwood was a brilliant EP, what on earth happened.
  • Options
    jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks is really starting to jump the shark a bit now, I will really miffed if Dodger dies, three deaths within 6 weeks would just be silly, especially with apparent upcoming stunt and cast cull. Big twists in Holloyaks at the moment seem to be if he character lives rather than dies.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sick at this development and I never seen it coming, I feel bad for the actors.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    The wonderful, beautiful Anna Passey is wasted on this story. So is Jeremy Sheffield, he's a great actor too.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soooooo many plot holes

Utterly ridiculous

It was mentioned by many posters that either Dodger or Patrick was Nico's father

Both scenarios, in my opinion, are so wrong!

How ON EARTH can neither of them remember sleeping with the other one? Surely some dim distant lightbulb moment should happen in ONE of them........

Some small kindle of recognition from one of them.......

Well done Kirkwood, you've really c**ked up this SL haven't you
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes no sense whatsoever.

It's only a shocking twist because it's not actually possible.

Surely they'd remember, either they knew each other which is how Patrick would know it was dodger, even then they were 14 not 4, so would remember. If it was a 1 time thing, how would Patrick know?

He thought dodger was dead (which actually given how controlling a person he is on screen, seems slightly unbelievable in itself, so if they change the past and say he was always aware of where dodger was to keep him away from sienna that would be believable) it just seems put in for silly shocks with too many plot holes to be true.

Surely bk isn't actually this stupid.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You people here over react so much.

Nothing has been explained apart from the bombshell so any judging of it is because you don't know the details of the plot.

All Patrick has to do is explain that they met when they were 13 briefly, he either didn't know it was Dodger at first or when he found out he made sure they were separated, which happened. The fact he locked her in that room mimics what he did when he found out she was pregnant.

When they re-met he had nothing to worry about once he knew they didn't recognize each other because when they met as adults, they met as brother and sister so Patrick wouldn't have worried they'd get together at all, so he wouldn't need to worry about keeping them apart anymore.

I can't remember a person I met 10 years ago easily, 13 years old's do not look like 26 year old's.
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member

Nothing has been explained apart from the bombshell so any judging of it is because you don't know the details of the plot.

All Patrick has to do is explain that they met when they were 13 briefly, he either didn't know it was Dodger at first or when he found out he made sure they were separated, which happened. The fact he locked her in that room mimics what he did when he found out she was pregnant.

When they re-met he had nothing to worry about once he knew they didn't recognize each other because when they met as adults, they met as brother and sister so Patrick wouldn't have worried they'd get together at all, so he wouldn't need to worry about keeping them apart anymore.

I can't remember a person I met 10 years ago easily, 13 years old's do not look like 26 year old's.

And he chose to live and stay in a village where his son, who he knows impregnated his daughter?

If something had happened between Sienna and Dodger, there would be vibes or mutual attraction, surely? Dodger has never seemed as if he was attracted to Sienna. If he went there when he was 13 or 14, surely he might fancy her again?

So, Patrick knows Sienna's sex life better than she does. How does he know Dodger is definitely the father? She could have slept with loads of boys for all he knows.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hollyoaks has always been ridiculous compared to the other stuffy old soaps this country makes.
  • Options
    theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This storyline is too weird but judging from Patricks face, i thought he would be the father and i wonder if patrick knew all a long that dodger was alive either way this storyline bonkers.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im baffled at ppl believing that Patrick was so sure Mark had died or whatever, this is Patrick we talking about... he probably knew where Dodger was all his life or something

Patrick seems disgusted what they did and sent the baby away

Personally i saw this coming, well it crossed my mind that it could be Dodger

I personally thinks its alittle better then Patrick being the dad... (however much weird it sounds)

Im also thinking Will probably saw something in that box, he kept as well?

Also there is no way Sienna and Mark would of remembered each other now if they met years ago.... also they have this kind of vibe the moment they met again
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    i agree with you all. 60 million people & she slept with her long lost twin.
    The most ridiculous , ill thought out story line i have ever witnessed.
    That dog dreaming in neighbors or whatever it was is more realistic.
    Incest can be a plausible story line in cases of realistic long lost siblings meeting but an historical sexual encounter neither remembers is stupid.
    i cant fathom it at all
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a massive jump the shark moment to me.To think such a person was once the EP of EastEnders..
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I feel sick at this development and I never seen it coming, I feel bad for the actors.

Im beginning to wonder if BK has some latent sadistic dislike or hatred of actors given all of this and what he did at EastEnders too,as if hes taking the Michael and also has an axe to grind which being an ep gives him an enabling platform?Its bizarre beyond belief.:confused:
  • Options
    CalGalCalGal Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    i agree with you all. 60 million people & she slept with her long lost twin.
    The most ridiculous , ill thought out story line i have ever witnessed.
    That dog dreaming in neighbors or whatever it was is more realistic.
    Incest can be a plausible story line in cases of realistic long lost siblings meeting but an historical sexual encounter neither remembers is stupid.
    i cant fathom it at all

I vaguely rememeber watching an episode of Jeremy Kyle where two half brothers coincidentally met online and fell in love with each other but one of the brother's father said the boyfriend looked like the mother's ex and then when a DNA test revealed that they were related they had to end the relationship. So yes, although the odds are HIGHLY unlikely I guess it is possible. ^_^
  • Options
    Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I originally thought it was odd as Patrick thought dodger was dead. But as another op said, maybe he didn't dodger was his when he had sex with sienna at 13 and recognised him in adult life. I still think one of them would remember who they had sex with at 13 - it must be one of their first and you don't forget that surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was it the red recently about a married couple who had a child found out they were long lost brother and sister. Imagine finding that out about your partner you have shared you life with. Crazy shit. Bryan Kirkwood blatantly gets his ideas from the crappy Daily Mail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is denying it can happen. The issue here is that its implausible as Kirkwood has completely disregarded and wiped clean the Blake's history in order to do this storyline with no respect what so ever for long term viewers who had been following their story from the start. He has taken HO viewers for mugs. I feel so sorry for the actors. They must have cringed so much. I think the next October cast clear out could be when I stop watching. I really believe Hollyoaks has gone past the point of no return now. Its gone and done a Brookside. I'm making a prediction that in 3 years Hollyoaks will be no more.
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member

The problem is when Darren and Dodger originally met Patrick and Sienna, Patrick clearly had no idea who he was. So how on earth did it suddenly twig in his brain that Dodger was the guy she slept with when he didn't recognise him at all?!
  • Options
    vickkijvickkij Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    lolla_7 wrote: »
    The problem is when Darren and Dodger originally met Patrick and Sienna, Patrick clearly had no idea who he was. So how on earth did it suddenly twig in his brain that Dodger was the guy she slept with when he didn't recognise him at all?!

And when it did twig when did he think it would be a good idea to move into the same village as him?!