Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 2)

Comments

• Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete - wrong thread.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I also find it bizzare that Sally, Sean's friend, has become an out-and-out homophobe overnight...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also find it bizzare that Sally, Sean's friend, has become an out-and-out homophobe overnight...

She's a NIMBY. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know. Some people can be very accepting of others, until it involves their own children.
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't find it that odd. People like Sally are the type to say "Me homophobic? Never. Some of my best friends are gay."

They don't mind it too much at a distance but not under their roof.
    Forum Member
    amysmum wrote: »
    She's a NIMBY. :D:D
    I don't know. Some people can be very accepting of others, until it involves their own children.
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    I don't find it that odd. People like Sally are the type to say "Me homophobic? Never. Some of my best friends are gay."

They don't mind it too much at a distance but not under their roof.

Thinking about it, you're right
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike Michelle at all, but I doubt she would be negotiating her own terms to return to work after punching the owner's wife in the face!!
    Forum Member
    I don't dislike Michelle at all, but I doubt she would be negotiating her own terms to return to work after punching the owner's wife in the face!!

Realistically, Michelle would move away now. Her son if off to uni, half of her family have snuffed it or live abroad and she's working for her ex-boyfriend and the woman he left her for. Add this onto the fact that she's single and there is nothing keeping her in Weatherfield or on Coronation Street but bad memories and regrets!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    How did Izzy get in the train with her wheelchair..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

She didn't. The guard refused to put the ramp down for her. It's all over the General Discussion forum!!
    Forum Member
    She didn't. The guard refused to put the ramp down for her. It's all over the General Discussion forum!!

haha :D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    ....actually speaking of missing persons - where was Deirdre? Ken was there!
  • KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Sally giving Sian a lift home - to Southport?? I live in Manchester, and it takes me nearly 2 hours to get to Southport. I must definetly be missing the short cut that makes it just around the corner.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Kayok wrote: »
    Sally giving Sian a lift home - to Southport?? I live in Manchester, and it takes me nearly 2 hours to get to Southport. I must definetly be missing the short cut that makes it just around the corner.

Isn't her Dad in Manchester?

I presume she wasn't commuting between Southport and Manchester to rehearse for the choir and make secret visits to the corner shop to see Sophie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, she must be staying with her dad. She said she was going to get the bus home.
    Forum Member
    ....actually speaking of missing persons - where was Deirdre? Ken was there!

Yeah, that was an odd one. She doesn't even have a job, and it was bank holiday Monday. Even if Ken had mentioned that she was ill it would've been something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that was an odd one. She doesn't even have a job, and it was bank holiday Monday. Even if Ken had mentioned that she was ill it would've been something.

Perhaps she's given up going out with him to keep up appearances. Last time we saw them, she wasn't even acknowledging his presence.
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Same as she gets into Underworld up all their steps and over all the gravel then up steps and into the wedding ... wishful thinking.

Hayley standing like a queen whilst a pregnant woman operates the push/pull wagon thingy ... not right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    What about that train - first class carriages and champagne? That would have cost thousands to hire surely? Also, the manor house - not cheap either?

If it was a surprise - then presumably Roy and Hayley would not have paid for it? John must be on huge bucks at the backstreet bookies and Chesney will have had to sell a lot of dog collars!!!!
    Forum Member
    Dave150 wrote: »
    What about that train - first class carriages and champagne? That would have cost thousands to hire surely? Also, the manor house - not cheap either?

If it was a surprise - then presumably Roy and Hayley would not have paid for it? John must be on huge bucks at the backstreet bookies and Chesney will have had to sell a lot of dog collars!!!!

You could give this lot a ring? ha
    http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/vt_corporate.htm
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Hayley on the push cart thing like the Figurehead on the prow of a boat, come on you miseries, get on board FGS.

She look like Aunt Sally off Worzel Gummidge :D
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    She look like Aunt Sally off Worzel Gummidge :D

Hey Aunt Sally, that's a cultural reference point you don't hear much of any more.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't remember exactly what she said, but I think "out-and-out homophobe" is a bit of an over-reaction.
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I can't remember exactly what she said, but I think "out-and-out homophobe" is a bit of an over-reaction.

She implied that homosexuality is abnormal.
    Forum Member
    Oh and where is Charlotte? She can't have been in it for about a month. Her and Jon helped cover up a death and she's not been seen since.

(Wiki claims that her last appearence was August 9th)
This discussion has been closed.