The 'I really couldn't give a flying chuff about the royal baby' thread

Comments

• Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Yes I am so very proud to be English - no foreign blood in my family - born and bred Londoners. I love the monarchy. It's a special day for all English people and for our future king

Yes, of course... because the original cradle of all human civilisation was Bow. :D

Sorry, I'm in a daft mood tonight and that really tickled me.
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I am so very proud to be English - no foreign blood in my family - born and bred Londoners. I love the monarchy. It's a special day for all English people and for our future king

Weren't the current Royal Family originally German?;)
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Weren't the current Royal Family originally German?;)

Dont mention the war; I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for all the other ladies who were having their babies in that hospital the same time as her. Imagine how insignificant they felt
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been saying that talk of the baby should've been kept off the newspaper front pages and moved to the sports headlines on the back.

'Royal babies 1-0 Sh*ts given'
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a little bit interested, but all I needed was the news the baby was born, and perhaps a photo of them leaving the hospital, and I'd like to know the names when they come up with them.

I have no need of hours of rolling news of a door, with royal correspondents telling us that nothing had happened since the last time.

It's turned into one of those Charlie Brooker parodies.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'm a little bit interested, but all I needed was the news the baby was born, and perhaps a photo of them leaving the hospital, and I'd like to know the names when they come up with them.

I have no need of hours of rolling news of a door, with royal correspondents telling us that nothing had happened since the last time.

It's turned into one of those Charlie Brooker parodies.

From what I understand from DS, people (journalists, well-wishers and TV viewers) sat staring at a closed door for over an hour just waiting for a glimpse. TV cameras were literally just pointed at a closed door whilst disembodied journalists attempted to whip up a frenzy by claiming that the sight of the baby would be the most historic moment in decades. I even heard Alistair Stewart on the news later claiming that William's quip that the baby had 'a good set of lungs' was 'genius'. It's actually quite frightening the way people hero worship the royals - if I was William I'd be laughing my head off at the toadying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overkill! And on every little detail down to 'is she wearing polka dots to honour Diana, as Diana wore polka dots when William was born' who cares??The baby is healthy they are happy lets move on.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over 75 people in China died that day in earthquakes, and not a word on the news because of the sychophantic reporting of another drain on the public purse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

So its nothing to do with us up here?? :rolleyes:
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So its nothing to do with us up here?? :rolleyes:
    I suspect if you are Scottish, Daughterqueen will consider you to be a foreigner;)
    Forum Member
    I suspect if you are Scottish, Daughterqueen will consider you to be a foreigner;)

lol :D
    Forum Member

Which therefore would make her more English than the Royal family then ;)
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    To be honest, the whole subject of babies is boring to me whoever they belong to. I never read about celebs' babies either.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh England why did not stay a republic in 1660?
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh England why did not stay a republic in 1660?

Thanks to religious nut Oliver Cromwell going a bit barmy and royal and leaving his incompetent son in charge of a military dictatorship. Unfortunately Britain has never been a modern republic...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *bleurgh*

Sorry. If I could have found a reporter to vomit on...
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William has just changed his first ever nappy. Unfortunately it was Elizabeth's. :D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Utter crap.
    Unless your family are in the habit of only marrying each other.
    Forum Member
    Utter crap.
    Unless your family are in the habit of only marrying each other.

:D Quite, and even then they had to originate from somewhere.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    :D Quite, and even then they had to originate from somewhere.

Presumably the baby Jesus dropped them fully-formed in the Old Kent Road.;)
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Count me in!!

Yes, I'm glad that yet another newborn baby arrived in the world safely and that mum and child are well. Other than that I could not give a flying rat's posterior.

Nat Cassidy is an irritating, moronic moo who has done nothing of interest since leaving EE, and can stick her blinkin' trumpet where the sun don't shine.

End of rant!

That made me laugh out loud.:D
    Nat makes me want to chuck things at the telly when she comes on.
    I'm sure Kate will be tweeting back to Nat on how the 'latching on' is going.:rolleyes:
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of hateful parasites, and then there is the docile, fawning morons who allow these vermin to live off the hard work of everyone else.
    Forum Member
    janna wrote: »
    That made me laugh out loud.:D
    Nat makes me want to chuck things at the telly when she comes on.
    I'm sure Kate will be tweeting back to Nat on how the 'latching on' is going.:rolleyes:

Ever since the obnoxious, big mouthed hypocrite started publicly lecturing Denise van Outen on how she shouldn't have a child and work, I've wanted to shake her very firmly by the neck. Had I been DvO, I'd have kicked her up her significantly wide backside. Hard.

Anyway, time to go take my medication. :p
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Ever since the obnoxious, big mouthed hypocrite started publicly lecturing Denise van Outen on how she shouldn't have a child and work, I've wanted to shake her very firmly by the neck. Had I been DvO, I'd have kicked her up her significantly wide backside. Hard.

Anyway, time to go take my medication. :p

Me too......:p