Options

Would the public allow someone like fleur to win

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I would love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it as she isn't bland enough and certainly a lot of the traditional voters will not vote for someone who looks as good as she does.

Up till this week she hasn't sung enough old favourite songs that the public love and singing songs more current is not something that gets votes.

However her choice this week might be an attempt to change that

Comments

• Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they will allow her past Week 5, let alone win the thing.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Little Mix won.
    I didn't watch the show back then but I can't imagine something more difficult than a girlband to win the X Factor. If they made Little Mix win, everything can happen.

(It won't happen for Fleur though.)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would be silly not to as she is streets ahead of the rest of the contestants.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they would 'allow' someone like Fleur to win if that someone was like Fleur but a lot better.
  • Options
    Suicide BlondeSuicide Blonde Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I'm not getting the Fleur love. Not a patch on Alexandra Burke. Although she did become annoying ....
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting the Fleur love. Not a patch on Alexandra Burke. Although she did become annoying ....

Why are you comparing her with Alexandra Burke? Just because she's black? :confused: They are two completely different artists.
  • Options
    Mafalda_AbreuMafalda_Abreu Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    I think Fleur has little chance to win or either to be in the finale, but I hope at least she reaches 5th or 6th place. She's very entertaining and a pretty decent and strong vocalist and performer.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like her performances are keeping her around, not her fan base...so if she slips up or once x the show is done weeding out the people they don't want I.e Jack and Paul...she could be in trouble ...I think there are a few acts they want gone or are likely to go before that happens...
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are you comparing her with Alexandra Burke? Just because she's black? :confused: They are two completely different artists.

Oh Good Lord. They're much more similar than Fleur and Matt Cardle. Or Fleur and Leona. Who else would you compare her to out of the list of XF winners (given that this thread is about whether she could win or not)? Certainly not Steve Brookstein. Your cheerleading for Fleur is getting mighty defensive.

Regarding the OP the public don't 'disallow' anyone from winning. They just tend to vote for the best singers vocally. So far Fleur hasn't proven she's up there with the best vocalists of this series so, no, I don't think she'll win unless she puts in a showstopping vocal performance (probably a ballad) at some point to prove her vocal chops.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could really go either way, I could see her in the final but I could also see her crashing out in a week or two... She's probably the hardest one to predict out of all the contestants I'd say. I can't see her winning but I think she has one of the best chances at being a successful recording artist.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This!

Why are people comparing them? Alexandra could sing the big tracks, but overall was a crap performer.
  • Options
    FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Oh Good Lord. They're much more similar than Fleur and Matt Cardle. Or Fleur and Leona. Who else would you compare her to out of the list of XF winners (given that this thread is about whether she could win or not)? Certainly not Steve Brookstein. Your cheerleading for Fleur is getting mighty defensive.

I'm really not sure why she needs comparing to any of the winners at all :confused: Wouldn't it be better to have a unique winner the show hasn't seen before?

If anything Fleur is more like Little Mix than Alexandra. But I really don't think comparisons are necessary, otherwise we'd just be hoping for carbon copies every year.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This!

Why are people comparing them? Alexandra could sing the big tracks, but overall was a crap performer.

Alex was a much better performer on the show than Fleur, even 3 weeks in, she had done slow ballads, dancey uptempos and big band/jazz successfully.

Fleur is quite samey at the moment and right now her dancing/performance skills aren't at Alex's level. The only thing she can do that is interesting is that she can rap quite well.

She needs to work on her vocals and performance/stage presence, but she has definite potential. Whether she will be liked by the public in the long run is a different story. Like Alex, she hasn't peaked in the competition yet, so if she sticks around and has a her "moment" later in the process, she could well make it to the final.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully not ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This!

Candyman says hi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really not sure why she needs comparing to any of the winners at all :confused: Wouldn't it be better to have a unique winner the show hasn't seen before?

If anything Fleur is more like Little Mix than Alexandra. But I really don't think comparisons are necessary, otherwise we'd just be hoping for carbon copies every year.

BiB - I agree in principle, but given the OP comparisons are inevitable as we don't have any other framework upon which to evaluate who is 'allowed' to win the show other than previous winners (or indeed previous non-winners). If comparisons are objectionable to you, then the flaw is in the OP, not the poster who responded.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Candyman says hi.

And Toxic
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she will win but she doesn't need to in order to use XF as a jumping board....I would like to think she has a few weeks left in her yet but Mel B will be back with the comments in a week or two I reckon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    And Toxic

How could I forget about Toxic? Fleur certainly hasn't done anything of that standard yet. I guess tonight is the night where she'll have the opportunity to though, if she has it in her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    And Toxic

And relight my fire. And Don't stop the music.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Candyman says hi.

Watch it again.
  • Options
    velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Fleur is a better dance performer than Alex when she was on the show.

If Fleur had a more powerful voice she would be front runner.

She has a voice good enough for the recording studios. Just not strong enough to win competitions.

But I like her for trying to do her best with the vocal strength she has.
  • Options
    chackalacka1234chackalacka1234 Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    I doubt they will allow her past Week 5, let alone win the thing.

You and many other people are really underestimating her popularity
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and many other people are really underestimating her popularity

You are exactly right.