Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• jboy2k8jboy2k8 Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Max helped get rid of the body. There was the comment she are before she died to Max, and when she met the killer in the park she didn't refer to them as the killer, all she said was 'it's still murder' or something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I know it's sad but I am absolutely deflated after that. I've been posting on here for weeks saying how I was positive (and really hoped) they wouldn't make Bobby the killer even though many of you were theorising about the killer being him. Most of all I'm sad for the EastEnders community. This really was a superb storyline which had the potential to go down as the greatest soap storyline of all time, but instead, I can only imagine the feelings towards Eastenders now. I'm almost certain I'll hear somebody at work or in a shop tomorrow talking about how it is sick that they made a young boy kill his sister. An almost irreparable move on the part of EastEnders. I feel this will be a black mark against the soap and may ultimately sound its death knell :(. I almost feel cheated in a way as well, not least because the bookies got it bang on over the last few days, but because, as many have pointed out already, Bobby really is a non-entity character. He is an extremely minor character who has done nothing thus far in his EastEnders career. Literally, the most we have seen of Bobby is spelling bees. It's disheartening because the ending would have been absolutely legendary had the killer been someone like Max, Lauren, Peter, Ian or any other major character, but instead what we get now is a 2nd-rate reproduction of the Exorcist or the Omen. Absolutely dire.

... Words cannot express my disappointment. Oh well, sleep it off and forget about it. :((( My thoughts are with the rest of this community who feel the same sort of feelings at the moment, but let's not forget there are a million and one things worse in the world than being annoyed at the outcome of a soap storyline. There's more to life. :kitty:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    This fell at the last hurdle.

I don't see tomorrow's episode rescuing things, unless another killer is revealed. Which won't happen.
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tripitaka wrote: »
    If Jane shifted the body, she's still going down for this one

who would believe her if she said it was Bobby?

True.

Plus any other people that helped Jane - conspiring to cover up a murder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    cjandrews wrote: »
    Who rang Jane to come to the house?
    Why was the front door open?
    Why did Billy have those pictures of Lucy?
    How did Lucy's body end up at the Common?

Any more?

There's always tomorrow.. Can't wait!
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i also wanted this. I wanted the flashback episode to actually be explanitory and not another opportunity to add extra shock value (ie the bobby reveal at the very end)

Had the Bobby reveal happened earlier in the show, so there was time to actually show how Jane god rid of the body, then I think it would have been a much more satisfying telling. Also a good chance for us to see the real emotions and angst that Jane would have been going through

I agree with this. expected the flashback to show us everything up to and including Lucy's body being dumped on the common. Instead it seems that Jane will have to explain it all tomorrow and we'll just have to trust her word.

It feels like they've gone for shock value to draw the ratings. But they didn't need the shock value; they already had the ratings.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think that maybe the original killer was actually Lauren or Peter, but when they announced they were leaving, they decided to change it and adjust certain bits of the story? Bobby being the killer is just absolutely ridiculous. What's also ridiculous is 7 people standing in Dot Cotton's living room and deciding that they would all keep the death of her son a secret!!! I mean seriously, who is writing this?!!

I agree the story has been changed from twin brother to younger brother.
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair_Doos wrote: »
    So how does the landline number tell Lauren Lucy died at home? Am I being thick?

No you're not being thick. I don't get it either. We have a landline number and SOC written down. If that's the beales landline and the police knew a call had been made from that landline late at night then surely they could also have find out who the call was to (ie Jane). Then wouldn't they have just followed a usual line of enquiry and asked who made the call and why? Oh good grief, why does it bother me so much?
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair_Doos wrote: »
    So how does the landline number tell Lauren Lucy died at home? Am I being thick?

No you're not being thick, I can't wotk it out either. I also don't u detag and how Dean coming into the Vic a couple of months ago made Summerhayes realise who the killer was. Oh, and also why was Summerhayes staring at the Truman's house after coming out of the Vic? And what was her whole "You know what I mean" thing to Max about before she died?
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madlinger wrote: »
    Jane checked that lucy was dead, so it was defo bobby? Is bobby so thick he doesnt realise hes done it? Omg what a little idiot, oh god this isnt Halloween, what the hell, dtc is so immature omg im fuming

Are you trying to parody someone from Towie?
  • VGKidVGKid Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, got Bobby's age wrong. I thought he was a bit younger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    westenders wrote: »
    I know it's sad but I am absolutely deflated after that. I've been posting on here for weeks saying how I was positive (and really hoped) they wouldn't make Bobby the killer even though many of you were theorising about the killer being him. Most of all I'm sad for the EastEnders community. This really was a superb storyline which had the potential to go down as the greatest soap storyline of all time, but instead, I can only imagine the feelings towards Eastenders now. I'm almost certain I'll hear somebody at work or in a shop tomorrow talking about how it is sick that they made a young boy kill his sister. An almost irreparable move on the part of EastEnders. I feel this will be a black mark against the soap and may ultimately sound its death knell :(. I almost feel cheated in a way as well, not least because the bookies got it back on over the last few days, but because, as many have pointed out already, Bobby really is a non-entity character. He is an extremely minor character who has done nothing thus far in his EastEnders career. Literally, the most we have seen of Bobby is spelling bees. It's disheartening because the ending would have been absolutely legendary had the killer been someone like Max, Lauren, Peter, Ian or any other major character, but instead what we get now is a 2nd-rate reproduction of the Exorcist or the Omen. Absolutely dire.

... Words cannot express my disappointment. Oh well, sleep it off and forget about it. :((( My thoughts are with the rest of this community who feel the same sort of feelings at the moment, but let's not forget there are a million and one things worse in the world than being annoyed at the outcome of a soap storyline. There's more to life. :kitty:

Trust me im gutted, i know non fanatics will think get over it but i dont care, ppl can get pulled into this rubbish, never again but i need to vent lol
  • scotschicalocascotschicaloca Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Melax wrote: »
    What an outrage!!! I am livid!!! How could Peter Beale waste all that cocaine???

Hahaha! I thought that too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos Ben's a loon??! Doesn't have to be a reason... :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bingo_ wrote: »
    Are you trying to parody someone from Towie?

Well duh isnt it obvious
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Spoiler for next week :o:o

Tommy batters Kat to death with his Potty
  • Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's another episode to go.

We don't know what Jane felt when she checked for her pulse. She didn't look to the camera to say "She's dead, folks".

People judging this storyline already may well end up looking foolish.

....hopefully :D
  • LightMeUpLightMeUp Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We must find out more. We really must do. I'm not convinced that's it. They can't just have the door open as a random last minute misleading ploy. That's so lazy and annoying after such a tight well put together story. Also, we must find Jane's thought process for dumping lucy on the common.

Someone else was involved. Someone sensible enough to keep a cool head in the whole thing.
  • IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    westenders wrote: »
    I know it's sad but I am absolutely deflated after that. I've been posting on here for weeks saying how I was positive (and really hoped) they wouldn't make Bobby the killer even though many of you were theorising about the killer being him. Most of all I'm sad for the EastEnders community. This really was a superb storyline which had the potential to go down as the greatest soap storyline of all time, but instead, I can only imagine the feelings towards Eastenders now. I'm almost certain I'll hear somebody at work or in a shop tomorrow talking about how it is sick that they made a young boy kill his sister. An almost irreparable move on the part of EastEnders. I feel this will be a black mark against the soap and may ultimately sound its death knell :(. I almost feel cheated in a way as well, not least because the bookies got it bang on over the last few days, but because, as many have pointed out already, Bobby really is a non-entity character. He is an extremely minor character who has done nothing thus far in his EastEnders career. Literally, the most we have seen of Bobby is spelling bees. It's disheartening because the ending would have been absolutely legendary had the killer been someone like Max, Lauren, Peter, Ian or any other major character, but instead what we get now is a 2nd-rate reproduction of the Exorcist or the Omen. Absolutely dire.

Agree with every word of that :)
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE the "5 minutes!" thing at New Years...could Jane have told someone she was popping over the the Beale's for "5 minutes" then not come back? and also before Emma died when she said to Max "it wasn't there" she was clearly referring to Jane's car; which drove to the common with Lucy's dead body in the boot!!
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    People can be prosecuted from the age of 10.

Ben is technically Lucy's half uncle. Pete Beale Senior is not Ben's father, Phil is hence "half uncle". Yes non blood relatives can be called uncles and aunty's but I think most people feel closer to the actual blood related uncle/aunty.
    I did realise that ben and Ian are half brothers but I couldn't resist going for the cheesy ' which half ' gag :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I'd guessed that it was a series of blows to the head with a final blow killing her. BUT Bobby. Jane would have told Ian. He was upstairs with Denise and Cindy. Are we supposed to believe that Jane on her own takes Lucy to Common to be eaten by foxes.

She's allowed Ian to spend 10 months not knowing / doing press conferences etc. Party was in full flow with folks everywhere.

Two jump the shark moments tonight. DTC needs to be very careful.
    cezzy wrote: »
    Jane is a strongly built tall woman, Lucy is a slight little thing & it would be easy for Jane to carry her to her car, take her to the common & then leave her there. Jane placed Lucy as though she was asleep, which is the sort if thing a mother figure would do to their child, even though its a crazy weird thing to do.:o

I think it's more to do with why Jane would take Lucy to the common rather than how. She's supposed to be her step mother/carer/whatever and we are supposed to believe she would just dump her in the middle and not tell anybody? Not even Masood, who discovered her there?
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought about how the kid got out of school for work without anyone suspecting. Then I realised; it's half term this week. ;)
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idacyder wrote: »
    So Lauren had it all wrong then.

I don't think she did, after all she seems to have thought a Beale did it. I doubt she suspected Cindy or Bobby, so maybe Jane, Peter or Ian. It seems that maybe Emma thought this too? Seeing as Ian said to Jane, exactly what Emma said to the suspected killer in the park. Plus it makes sense Emma not wanting to keep the secret it was Bobby.
  • tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    Idacyder wrote: »
    True.

Plus any other people that helped Jane - conspiring to cover up a murder.

about half the square were ready to do it to save Dot!