Lucy Beale

oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does she not annoy anyone else? She's a bloody useless actress and having had anorexia myself I have to say, it takes one to know one.

Surely they could have found a better Lucy.

Comments

• mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loathe Lucy
  • karl93karl93 Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex on legs though ain't she!
    Forum Member
    karl93 wrote: »

Not in my book
  • karl93karl93 Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Not in my book

You must be blind then
    Forum Member
    The eyes are the mirror to the soul
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear her. I don't like her style of 'acting'. I loath the way she delivers her lines. And most of all I cannot stand the way Lucy's character has changed since she took over. Old Lucy was more feisty, she would never have moped around over Joey Branning.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes no worse then Melissa Suffield - yes the other Lucy was better acting the bitch but she was 1 dimensional. There is more range with this newer Lucy which I think was the point.

They need to decide what side Lucy is on now that she is older - bringing in New Cindy as a bitch may mean Lucy becomes nicer to Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oldhag wrote: »
    Does she not annoy anyone else?

Yes, she's a character on a soap opera, sometimes written specifically to be a bit annoying and confrontational to provoke an emotional response in the audience and further a narrative.
    She's a bloody useless actress

That’s subjective. Personally I find her acting to be perfectly acceptable and at least on par with the rest of them.
    ... having had anorexia myself I have to say, it takes one to know one.

Okay, that's fine if you know the actor personally? I'm sorry you've had to battle anorexia, but surely your only judgement can be from her onscreen character appearances, and Lucy Beale is not an anorexic as far as we’ve been told.
    Surely they could have found a better Lucy.

Possibly, but in my opinion this one's doing an okay job. Good enough not to warrant this tide of abuse anyway.
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the character. If she feels so hard done by, why doesn't she leave the family home and go it alone. Ian worked very hard to build his business up and she swanned in and manipulated him at his lowest ebb. She should have said I will look after them until you are back in control and well again. She is a selfish mare. Please make her leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    She is incredibly slim, but some people just naturally have a problem gaining weight; she is still very young so possibly she may not stay like that forever.

I prefer her to old Lucy who had absolutely no range at all. It's not her fault that, like so many other characters, she has been written terribly badly. She's also had to contend with new Peter, who, frankly, is awful. When she arrived she bedded in with old Peter very quickly.

Her main problem is that she hasn't really got a friend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    To me the old Lucy was far more her mother's daughter.

NuLucy is more brat than bitch. Old Lucy was fierce, NuLucy is a wuss.

It's a very big inconsistency, pretty annoying. The original actress was much better.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Absolutely loathe Lucy

I agree with you! however shes a Beale so she needs to stay, although a recast would be good, They should ask Melissa back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My budgies legs are more sexier than Lucy's.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    My budgies legs are more sexier than Lucy's.:D

Well i don't care what anyone says, I'd bend her over
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing appealing about chop stick legs!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Old Lucy was a real bitch.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old Lucy was a real bitch.

and better in my humble opinion.
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I like her – when I see her on screen I associate her as Lucy Beale – in the same way I though Kim Metcalf was Sam Mitchell. Similarly I’ve warmed to the recast of Peter too. NewBen I hated from the off and seeing him on screen ruined a lot of EE for me last year. He just wasn’t Ben. An imposter in my eyes.

Anyway, back on topic.

I like Lucy and I like the actress, who I think is perfectly capable.

I like how the character has matured and changed as she’s got older – I could never see old Lucy running multiple businesses and looking after her family.

Melissa as old Lucy spoke in a monosyllabic fashion which many on here have referred to as a Dalak and had no range.

The Beales were the first family of Albert Square along with the Fowlers, so I’m happy to see them rebuilt and back at the centre of the show.

As for the actress’ weight, I’m sorry for to hear you’ve suffered from anorexia, but there is nothing to suggest Hetti is ill and that’s quite a ridiculous and insensitive thing to announce on an online forum – I know a few people who are naturally skinny / ectomorphic (to use the official term). As a sufferer from the illness you should know better than to accuse others of the same unless you known them personally and have proof – even then it’s surely a personal matter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be blind then

Or he just has a different opinion to you?

Absolutely loathe Lucy, she deserves everything she gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really undermines your opinion, OP, when you have to make a jibe about Hetti's weight to make a point about the character of Lucy. Whether or not she's anorexic is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been a huge fan of the character, but New Lucy is miles better than Old Lucy. Hetti Bywater is a perfectly capable actress, it's just the character of Lucy is very hard to sympathise with. She's supposed to be a moody cow, we aren't supposed to like her!

Melissa Suffield was very limited, and most of the time I just wanted Ian to smack her in the face.

Also, Ben Hardy has been a revelation as Peter. A big fan of this character now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Hetti was brilliant in Tuesday's ep by the way. Really good at flipping from vulnerability to rage.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely love Lucy, I HATED Lauren so was pleased with Lucy's involvement in splitting up the hideous Jauren and in the alcohol story.

Not so sympathetic when it comes to Ian but I thought she got what she deserves. These days, I see Hetti as Lucy Beale over Mel ad I really think she is a good actress
  • KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Where I can accept new Peter as Peter, new Lucy is just wrong. She just can't play the bitch well enough. Not the actresses fault, just back casting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucy can be very annoying! I think the actress is good though.