Most Disturbing Moment In A Film

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    And the first time you see the crucifix masturbation in 'The Exorcist.' Especially if you saw it when you were a kid in the 70's.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember years ago maybe just after my holy communion i seen a clip of a horror film of a girl burned in her communion dress in a coffin in a church by i think her sister who was jealous. Do this ring any bells with anyone as to what it was called? It was pretty freaky stuff.:eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    In My Skin (Dans ma peau) - 2002

Winner.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the first time you see the crucifix masturbation in 'The Exorcist.' Especially if you saw it when you were a kid in the 70's.

I can't watch that without turning away or watching through my fingers. It's just horrible! :eek::(

I'm the same with the scene I think I already mentioned from 28 Weeks Later, where
    Don kills Alice.
    Even the sounds she makes make me slightly ill. :(
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember years ago maybe just after my holy communion i seen a clip of a horror film of a girl burned in her communion dress in a coffin in a church by i think her sister who was jealous. Do this ring any bells with anyone as to what it was called? It was pretty freaky stuff.:eek::eek::eek:

The film rings a bell, I'm sure I remember it being on the Horror Channel years and years ago. I actually think it was called Communion. :D
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh if the thread is just wanting suggestions of things that are gruesome, has anyone else seen Un Chien Andelou?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    a serbian movie is very disturbing
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    panda79 wrote: »
    a serbian movie is very disturbing
    What Serbian movie is disturbing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    What Serbian movie is disturbing?

that was the title

opps its called a serbian film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FN75 wrote: »
    This. I don't know whether the film itself could be any worse than the images I have in my head, or whether I should just watch it to get over the idea of watching it...

The Human Centipede is the single worst film I have ever watched. It made me angry that it is 90 minutes of my life I will never get back.

As a concept, it has the potential to be the perfect allegory about how modern society works, but instead it is just juvenile schoolboy giggling about a single throwaway 'sick' idea.

Oh for a decent scriptwriter and director. Dieter Laser's performance is the only thing that's 'good' about this film, but even he could've just walked out at any moment in disgust at this insult to the whole of cinema.

Don't watch it because it will upset you in ways you will simply not expect if you do.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Salo been mentioned yet? I was dared to watch it. :cry:

More disturbing/sick/perverse/obscene scenes in that film than I care to remember. Banned for a very long time, IIRC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it's the 'house' scene in Dead Man's Shoes that always sticks in my mind. Very disturbing on many levels, especially as you are sympathetic to Paddy Considine's character.
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be the scene with the woman in the car in Human Centipede 2. Very disturbing...
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film rings a bell, I'm sure I remember it being on the Horror Channel years and years ago. I actually think it was called Communion. :D

I looked it up with that title your right it is called Communion i thought it was called something different as i knew there was an alien movie called Communion. It was the freakiest clip i had ever scene thank god i did'nt watch the rest.:eek::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the 1984 tv movie 'Threads'?

It's a documentary style film on what would happen to the UK if a nuclear bomb was dropped on us. Despite the small tv budget it's very made made and quite chilling.

One of the most grim things I've ever watched! Some images from that stuck with me for a while after watching it.

And you can watch the whole thing on YouTube. Just search Threads 1984
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    I know there have been some pretty gruesome films mentioned, and I would agree that "Martyrs" was pretty disturbing.

However, I do remember when I was 16 years old in 1973 watching the original "Wicker Man"..............I was unaware of the film before I went and knew nothing about it.....................I have to say that the end scene
    where he is burning in the wooden man, and the villagers are singing and dancing, and you can hear the cows and pigs in agony.................and you keep expecting "someone" to come and save him................

I know there have been far "worse" scenes in many films since then, but I think that was the first film that stayed with me for weeks, I couldnt get that scene out of my head............
  • Party AnimalParty Animal Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Disturbing Moment In A Film
    seeing Keanu Reeves trying to pass himself off as an Actor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one has mentioned this yet,

The War Zone is a depressing and dark film.
    From Tilda Swinton giving birth in a car after a car crash to the absolutely awful scene of Ray Winstone's character sodomising his teenage daughter. Ray found that scene so harrowing to film he almost left the production all together.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

This. And the bit where her head turns around :eek: I sneaked in to see it back in the 70's, I was only 15! Have never seen the film again, I couldn't sleep for weeks after!

Also the film The Hitcher, the whole film was disturbing, but the thing that sticks in my mind is when the girl is tied between the two trucks - yuk!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote:
    Ray found that scene so harrowing to film he almost left the production all together.

I'm surprised. His name has come up very regularly in this thread.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought a lot of "Bronson" was disturbing.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an old British 'kitchen sink' film from the 50's called Violent Playground about a lad (Johnny) who thinks he's a bit of a gangster and finally ends up holding some kids as hostages in a school. When one of the children tries to escape, Johnny panics and shoots him.
    It's a truly shocking moment and it actually made me gasp in horror.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Suprised nobody in 19 pages has mentioned Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Not the most viscerally gruesome flick, though it has it's moments - Otis videotaping the 'home invasion' and rape that he and Henry commit and watching it back later for masturbatory pleasure is pretty unpleasant - but it's the sheer bleak, blank, pointlessness of the killing sprees that stays with you. The one tiny point of light and tenderness in the story (the tentative relationship between Henry and Otis' sister) is callously ripped away when you realise what is in the suitcase Henry dumps at the roadside.

I saw it at a late night special screening in about 1990/91 where there were a number of walkouts by seasoned horror buffs, and came out of the cinema feeling rather grubby and depressed. Very much the rejoinder to "serial killer as entertainment" movies such as Silence of the Lambs which was around at the same time.
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The family reunion scene in A Serbian Film
    The last ten minutes of Salo: 120 Days Of Sodom
    Torture scenes in Gruesome
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    true story - my sis was in the states and went to see scream. when she and her mate came out they saw a woman on the floor blood pouring from a huge gaping maw in her neck and a man screaming for help. they phoned an ambulance but she died. they gave statements to the police and that and the story was that some blokes shot her from a van.

turns out though, he was in the mafia and she had found a shedload of money in a suitcase and she wanted to turn it in. so he arranged to have her shot.

needless to say my sis cant watch scream ever again. or anyother horrible film.

I am sorry to hear about that story.An awful experience for all involved. I would have to say the climax to Seven as well as the 'Sloth' victim. The thought that he was lying there for an entire year is horrific. The climax itself exemplified how the aggressor was clever and meticulously planned what Morgan Freeman's character Detective Somerset calls his 'masterpiece.' He is probably the intelligent serial killer I have ever known in cinema.