Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not feeling overly optimistic so a draw would be great.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    'chairman's hands' sounds a bit ominous!

Perhaps he has healing hands!
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps he has healing hands!
    To fix Ade, he'll need to be Jesus!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an interview with Ade in The Sun today and it comes across as very "Me, Me, Me".
    The ex-Arsenal striker admitted: “I had the chance to go to a club where I could earn more money. But as I always say, money is not everything.

“When I was in Africa I was living on maybe two or three pounds a day and I was living very fine.

“I love the game and I want to play football. That’s what is important to me. A lot of players have said to me ‘Why didn’t you go?’ I said ‘I haven’t finished my job at Tottenham’.

“When I first came here on loan a couple of seasons ago I remember I was in a hotel room with manager Harry Redknapp. He told me: ‘Adebayor, I know you can take me to the Champions League’.

“That particular year I loved playing, I helped the team finish fourth and I finished as the top scorer in the team with 17 goals and 13 assists.

“I went back to Man City, I came back last year and things didn’t go my way. But I had a lot of injuries, the African Cup of Nations, problems with planes... everything.

According to the Mail, Besiktas might be back in for him in January

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2478615/Besiktas-target-Spurs-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor-January-move.html

Interesting stuff about Lamela as well .. AVB has revealed he still can't speak English. His family have apparently arrived in the country this week though which could certainly make things easier for him.
    But when asked if the fee paid for Lamela meant there was pressure to pick him Villas-Boas replied: ‘Not really, no.

‘We have been speaking a lot with him. I think getting acquainted to the Premier League is important but he doesn’t know the language. [Roberto] Soldado had some knowledge of the language before (he came) so it was a little bit easier for him.

‘With Erik it was a little bit more difficult but we have given him massive, massive help and his family arrived this week,’ he added.

‘He knows he isn’t producing half of what he can produce but he understands the situation now is that he has to compete for his place.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2478358/Erik-Lamela-struggling-adapt-Premier-League-speak-English.html
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    he's talking bout himself because (I presume) he's being asked about himself. even though I regularly defend him, I can see the merit of some of the arguments made against/about him, even if I disagree. but not in this case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    he's talking bout himself because (I presume) he's being asked about himself. even though I regularly defend him, I can see the merit of some of the arguments made against/about him, even if I disagree. but not in this case.

The interview is about his "Tottenham Hell". Obviously you're going to talk about yourself in an interview of this nature, but it just comes across as quite self centered to me
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2478401/Mousa-Dembele-blames-Tottenhams-lack-goals-small-playing-surface-White-Hart-Lane.html

It's our small pitch that's the cause of us not scoring many goals at home according to Dembele here.

Most pitches seem to be a metre wider than ours, which means we cant get out wide so much. How did Bale and Lennon manage so well a couple of seasons back? Did we widen it for them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    those Dembele comments have been spun from when he first made them. from what I understood, he was saying that the smaller pitch made it easier for teams to bunker up and park the bus, not that it's not big enough for us to play on.
    'We know that some teams are going to come here and make a block, and we don’t have a big pitch so it’s even more difficult.
    'A small pitch makes it harder. If we have more space, it’s easier for us but we have to find a way
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Holtby, Townsend; Soldado

Subs - Friedel, Kaboul, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Sigurdsson, Defoe.
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping for a win ,But feel it will be very tense..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    League and cup sides seem to all but pick themselves at the moment. We never used to be this afraid of Everton so why start now ? ;)

Some stats from Spurs Official ..

Picked up 72 Premier League points against Everton - more than any other club.
    Won 19 of 42 meetings with them - only beaten City more times in the Premier League era (20).
    We've scored in 7 of the last 8 games against them
    We've scored more Premier League goals against Everton than any other side
    We've picked up 30 points at Goodison Park - more than any other Premier League club.

Have we won yet? :D
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Good start lets hope its a team performance today, if so, we can win this

COYS!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennon was wide open there if Jan had looked to his left
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are Lewis holtby and Leighton baines friends off the pitch ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chiriches is really classy.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Jesus, that's one hell of a bench for AVB.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Should be a better game against a Martinez side that hopefully won't sit deep, park that bus and defend.

COYS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was obstruction all day long!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does everyone hate Lennon or something ?

Again he's in acres of space and nobody passes to him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does everyone hate Lennon or something ?

Again he's in acres of space and nobody passes to him

Our best routes to goals are Lennon and Soldado.

yet we persist with "give it to Townsend so he can set himself up with a Hollywood goal."
    Lone man mentality..
    He is by no means a Gareth bale.

Ironically his only goal came from an attempted cross. His selfishness is holding back the 10 Team
    Players we have on the field.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent first half but with the amount of possession we've had and the chances we've had, you'd have expected at least one goal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if Lennon is indeed our best route to goal, then we will have serious problems. I still can't see how anyone can conclude he poses more of a threat than Townsend, but hey....to each his own
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 attempts but only 4 on target and they were all straight at the GK. Twice at least Lennon had the ball in a dangerous position and chose the wrong option. We need toturn our dominance into goals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    if Lennon is indeed our best route to goal, then we will have serious problems. I still can't see how anyone can conclude he poses more of a threat than Townsend, but hey....to each his own

For me, the difference is that Lennon will usually look to play someone in or to dink the ball over. Townsend will look for a shot first and foremost, often at the expense of a better option.

Both are great flair players and both have their faults, but I do think Townsend's selfishness can be a problem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lennon over to the right and
    Sigurdsson to the left and

Townsend back to watch his England performance and revel
    In that a little longer
This discussion has been closed.