When will Poundland have to re-brand toTwoPoundland

2»

Comments

• Options
    Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It works, that's all that counts :)

Was wondering about those, I thought Apple made non Apple chargers unsupported with iOS 7? Have you not updated or do they still work? Thanks
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a Poundland the other day.It was one of their bigger stores and I noticed that the back of the shop had been converted to a Poundland Extra with the slogan something like"More great bargains for over a pound"

So I don't think it can be too long before they up their prices.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    If only guineas were still in circulation.

"Guinealand" sounds exotic.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one day the 99p shop will have to raise their prices to £1. This kind of stuff keeps me awake at night.

99p shops are crafty, because in the £1 shop you can buy 5 items in order to use your debit card, but in the 99p shop you have to buy 6 items in order to use your debit card.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a Pound shop this week and they were selling single packs of paracetamol for, well £1.00. But the same, or similar, is for sale in Asda for 19p.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    99p shops are crafty, because in the £1 shop you can buy 5 items in order to use your debit card, but in the 99p shop you have to buy 6 items in order to use your debit card.

I think that rule is stupid and you should be able to pay by debt on any amount. Another thing is I miss the days when Poundland had 4 coca cola cans for £1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I was in a Pound shop this week and they were selling single packs of paracetamol for, well £1.00. But the same, or similar, is for sale in Asda for 19p.

Poundland sell three packs of unbranded Paracetamol for £1 not one pack don't they?. They do sell branded Paracetamol for £1 a pack though.

But they are still cheaper in B&M and Home Bargains where they are 19p a pack. But B&M and Home Bargains will only sell you two packs, no more.

You can still but a larger number of tablets, but only from pharmacies and they ask you a bunch of standard questions too.