Heart Stations

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Y'know I've said it before but the "more music variety" strapline is so regularly misunderstood by listeners it can't be that the masses are just thick and don't get that it means variety in genre of music than actual tracks but that it's an indication that it's an ill-considered strapline that isn't immediately clear to most people and yet still they persist with it.

I believe the strapline dates back to when Heart was a relative newcomer and competing with more narrowly-targeted stations ('mostly Top 40', `mostly oldies` or niche formats) in big markets like London.

Heart played a broader mix of genres, and also mixed up currents, recurrents and oldies (60's/70's/80's oldies in particular were probably relatively rare on FM in some markets). At that point and in those markets it was true to say they offered "more music variety" than their competitors. That was their point of difference.

However, I would agree the strap is pretty meaningless now in some smaller markets, particularly in ones where the only commercial FM competition is a small station playing a similarly broad mix of music.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bahhhh wrote: »
    why oh why oh why does this awful radio station play snap every single day? AND beats international AND starship? WHERE IS THE VARIETY.?..

Oh talk about classics! Love them.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand why on this mornings time tunnel on Heart London, playing the Seal - Crazy remix, but cut it off half way through?

Also hearing Tony Shepherd on Heart Sussex and Surrey playing snippets of music coming up out from the 6pm news which seems a new thing which could possibly introduced across heart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ' Heart Sounds Better In The Sunshine'
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the listen again facility ended? When I've tried to use it the past month or so it only plays a second or so then stops.
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote: »
    Has the listen again facility ended? When I've tried to use it the past month or so it only plays a second or so then stops.

Played JK and Lucy from yesterday and its fine
  • RidgiemanRidgieman Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex heart presenter Nick Snaith joins London Magic 105.4 on drivetime from 7th July according to Radio Today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Changes at Magic as Nick Snaith joins

Former Heart London presenter Nick Snaith is joining Magic 105.4, replacing Angie Greaves at Drivetime.

Nick left Heart in March and will take up his new show with Bauer on July 7th.

Nick’s arrival means a couple of schedule changes, with current drivetime presenter Angie Greaves moving to the afternoon slot and Martin Collins going to Early Breakfast.

Newly appointed Magic 105.4 Content Director Liam Thompson said: “Magic is London’s number one commercial station and with this new weekday line up we are confident that we can continue to grow our hours and share. Nick Snaith is a talented broadcaster and he is an asset to the team. With the new Early Breakfast, Angie’s afternoon show and Nick at Drivetime, we will have one of the strongest line ups of any station. Following on from the recent outdoor campaign, we are going to keep driving Magic 105.4 to even greater success.”

In addition, ‘The Green Room’, presented by Jo Parkerson, featuring celebrity interviews, has also been added to the schedule every Sunday night from 7pm. Recent guests have included Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore and Cheryl Cole.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/06/changes-at-magic-as-nick-snaith-joins/
  • bahhhhbahhhh Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    p_c_u_k wrote: »
    If you hate it so much why do you listen to it every day?
    no choice - it's piped around the building where i work :( can't escape the garbage unless i cover my ears but it's like water torture to me - same songs over and over.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    no choice - it's piped around the building where i work :( can't escape the garbage unless i cover my ears but it's like water torture to me - same songs over and over.

I share your pain
    One of my friends is working at a place where their head office has booked advertising with them
    So they are being FORCED to listen as well !!
    He and his workmates are fast losing the will to live 😢
    They can put up with the endless let us know what you're up to crap and even the repeats of some of the old favourites but it's the endless trimming down of the running times of the tracks that is really peeing them off
  • ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Played JK and Lucy from yesterday and its fine

Checked just now and it seemed ok - although they've got all 80s still listed when they show isn't :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter shambles at 1530, hall of fame was playing the cut off, 5 secs of silence then 4 songs played for 2 seconds each then Ocean Drive played in full, the 2 idents played back to back, more 5 seconds of silence then Broken Strings played halfway through. Then MT comes on and says we have some gremlins in the system then straight into some ads! Phew!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then 10 mins later ocean drive played again! Great song so don't mind ha
  • bahhhhbahhhh Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    They really come across as amateurs when these 'gremlins' happen - oh and the female presenter after lunch - what the hell is she on? she needs less sugar intake - her manic rambling was making me giddy..:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really come across as amateurs when these 'gremlins' happen - oh and the female presenter after lunch - what the hell is she on? she needs less sugar intake - her manic rambling was making me giddy..:o

Really? Margherita Taylor is one of top female DJs around. Things do happen and they are not amateurs. They run the studios on there own and probably takes a few minutes for technical help to arrive. Welcome to the computer age of Radio.

Never used to happen much with the old days with vinyl and carts
  • AmaraAmara Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Utter shambles at 1530, hall of fame was playing the cut off, 5 secs of silence then 4 songs played for 2 seconds each then Ocean Drive played in full, the 2 idents played back to back, more 5 seconds of silence then Broken Strings played halfway through. Then MT comes on and says we have some gremlins in the system then straight into some ads! Phew!

Whatever happened to the standby CD?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Roberto only plays Club Classics from 90s till now on weekdays according to this
    http://www.heart.co.uk/on-air/roberto/
  • steve wsteve w Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    andrew1973 wrote: »
    Y'know I've said it before but the "more music variety" strapline is so regularly misunderstood by listeners it can't be that the masses are just thick and don't get that it means variety in genre of music than actual tracks but that it's an indication that it's an ill-considered strapline that isn't immediately clear to most people and yet still they persist with it.

Heart North East must have been getting some complaints as I've noticed the breakfast presenters have been making a point of explaining why <the song just played> means they play more music variety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harrykent wrote: »
    Roberto only plays Club Classics from 90s till now on weekdays according to this
    http://www.heart.co.uk/on-air/roberto/

Yep then at 19:13 he played Stacy Lattisaw Jump to the Beat which was released in either 1979 or 1980........
  • wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Yep then at 19:13 he played Stacy Lattisaw Jump to the Beat which was released in either 1979 or 1980........

1980!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wckartist wrote: »
    1980!

Thanks youtube says 1979 and i tunes says 1980

Margherita Taylor will be covering for Matt Wilkinson all this week and all next week
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Was the 3pm news the same across the network?
    It was certainly the same on Solent and Thames.

Also the music level seems to be low.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Would appear so. John Stratford (London) read the bulletin here in Plymouth. Cornwall was identical also.
  • NewbieBen12NewbieBen12 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Sarah Graham leaving Heart North East weekends. http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/06/real-radios-sarah-carter-joins-bbc-tees/
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Sarah Graham leaving Heart North East weekends. http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/06/real-radios-sarah-carter-joins-bbc-tees/

Good news for the Beeb sad news for Heart
    Lovely lady and smashing presenter
    Used to review the papers on air with her when she was at Century 106 in Nottingham
    My love and Very Best Wishes to her 😄