Next Generation is pretty much screwed isn't it ?

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am 42, kind of glad that I never had kids when I look at the way things are going in the UK.

I feel that the current batch of young adults have things very tough,

The number jobs out there falls (especially as long term careers.... Only seems to be bankers, politicians and estate agents who have any real stability....)

House Prices have been ridiculous for some time now (London particularly of course). I live in a rubbish one bed flat, but for many of the next gen even that would be a luxury (if they don't have the bank of mum and dad around).

Basically, vote Boris as PM.

He will sort out everything.

Comments

• gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought you meant Star Trek TNG....?

that was my favourite show of the 90s, ive been buying the re-mastered blu rays as they are released..

you would think the show was made yesterday..

it had it all..

romulans
    klingons
    the holodeck
    picard
    troi
    rikers beard
    data
    trois mother
    make it so
    engage

and last but not least..

shut up wesley...
  • Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should all go to River Island instead!

*gets coat*
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under Soul wrote: »
    They should all go to River Island instead!

*gets coat*

that was worse than my post
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am 42, kind of glad that I never had kids when I look at the way things are going in the UK.

The number jobs out there falls (especially as long term careers.... Only seems to be bankers, politicians and estate agents who have any real stability....)

House Prices have been ridiculous for some time now (London particularly of course). I live in a rubbish one bed flat, but for many of the next gen even that would be a luxury (if they don't have the bank of mum and dad around).

He will sort out everything

Or destroy things even more :p

I would say it isn't just the Gen Y and the next generations that are screwed. Gen X is also screwed as they head for retirement where we won't be able to afford to look after them.
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member

He will sort out everything
    And he'll close Heathrow and get an airport built 40 miles up the anus-hole of nowhere. :cool:
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

He will sort out everything.

Essentially yes. Things have been getting gradually worse since the housing bubble started and the introduction of tuition fees. Those 2 things alone have made it absolutely suck donkey balls to be a young person today.

If you graduated before 2000 you were laughing. Any when after 2010 you were buggered, I am amazed it only took 10 years to go from pretty much all-right to completely screwed.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Needing a uni degree to get any decent job, needing to get £50k into debt to get a degree, housing costs kept artificially high to protect vested interests, retirement age goal posts constantly moved, rising ethnic and religious tensions, environmental degradation, much of the world becoming a no-go war zone.:(

Maybe that one-way trip to Mars won't be such a bad idea after all....
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Economic factors won't meant a thing once climate change kicks in. Rich and poor alike will be screwed, makes me glad I'm an old fart with no kids (not even nephews/nieces).
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Needing a uni degree to get any decent job, needing to get £50k into debt to get a degree, housing costs kept artificially high to protect vested interests, retirement age goal posts constantly moved, rising ethnic and religious tensions, environmental degradation, much of the world becoming a no-go war zone.:(

Maybe that one-way trip to Mars won't be such a bad idea after all....

It won't take long for the first Martian war to break out.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It won't take long for the first Martian war to break out.

:( True.

I think the Martian Daily Mail is already getting its headlines ready:

"Earthling immigrants eat our tripled headed swans and lower house prices on Olympus Mons!!!"
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    :( True.

I think the Martian Daily Mail is already getting its headlines ready:

"Earthling immigrants eat our tripled headed swans and lower house prices on Olympus Mons!!!"

:D That made me chuckle