Options

Moira - Emmerdale - Making me cringe

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Oh yes James needs a personality transplant..
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    I think Moira will be pregnant in the next few months...I also think the way Vanessa is hanging around the farm there is a story brewing ..I. wonder if the Barton boys mother turned Lesbian having being spurned my James......The lesbian fancys married woman has been done.
    Vanessa' getting herself a toyboy
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes James needs a personality transplant..
    That, or a head transplant. I will provide the axe. :p
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanessa' getting herself a toyboy
    Who happens to be Rakesh's son

What are the chances eh? ;-)
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    I think Moira will be pregnant in the next few months...I also think the way Vanessa is hanging around the farm there is a story brewing ..I. wonder if the Barton boys mother turned Lesbian having being spurned my James......The lesbian fancys married woman has been done.

To be honest I think this would be doing Vanessa a dis-service - it would just be a re-hash of her falling for Rhona (and look where that got her!) and would make her look a bit sad and one-dimensional and both the character and actress are better than that!.

I think I'd like to see Moira pregnant - would be a chance of proper character development for both her (as a later-life Mother) and Cain (chance to be a proper Dad - he showed with the Amy/Kyle thing by not letting her go on the run with him that he'd be prepared to do what it takes...).
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Moira has always been a strong character but her one flaw has always been the way she treats Adam. I guess because he has always stuck with her that she has allowed him to dictate her life and in turn she has mothered him to death. Up until now, the only time I can ever remember her standing up to him was when he moved out because of Cain and she stood her ground.

I think she has been kind of shell shocked after finding out that James was Adams dad and having both Adam and Cain walk out on her and I am glad that we have finally seen the return of feisty Moira and I hope shes back to stay.

I think there is more to come from James Barton though, wouldn't be surprised if they have put some stuff on the back burner until after the Donna and Ross stuff settles down.

Hopefully James himself - on a big bonfire (after all, Bonfire Night isn't that far off :D:D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think this would be doing Vanessa a dis-service - it would just be a re-hash of her falling for Rhona (and look where that got her!) and would make her look a bit sad and one-dimensional and both the character and actress are better than that!.

I think I'd like to see Moira pregnant - would be a chance of proper character development for both her (as a later-life Mother) and Cain (chance to be a proper Dad - he showed with the Amy/Kyle thing by not letting her go on the run with him that he'd be prepared to do what it takes...).

BIB: I agree but both actors have said that ship has sailed for Cain and Moira, so its unlikely to happen now.

It has just occurred to me that we have not had a pregnancy in Emmerdale for a couple of months - is this some kind of record? :confused:
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Hopefully James himself - on a big bonfire (after all, Bonfire Night isn't that far off :D:D)

I would tune in for that. He already walks round like he has a firework up his arse anyway.

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nay, nay & thrice NAY!!!!

Pregnancy storylines have been done to death recently! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would tune in for that. He already walks round like he has a firework up his arse anyway.

:cool:

Destroyed by his own fart :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no sexy dancing then ? :(
    It'll mean the end of James Barton? :)

:D:blush:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moira was certainly cringe-worthy when she sought parental advice from Debbie, of all people!!!
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    no sexy dancing then ? :(
    It'll mean the end of James Barton? :)

:D:blush:
    Oh OK, if you insist. Hang on, I only seem to own 6 veils.:( Shall I carry on anyway? :)
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nay, nay & thrice NAY!!!!

Pregnancy storylines have been done to death recently! >:(

Seconded!

Dear God, no more pregnancies!!!! :o:o:o

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs from the thread*

*sneaks back in to say*

However from an almost karmic POV Moira getting pregnant, Cain wanting it but her insisting on an abortion as she feels too old, her kids are all grown up and she doesn't want to start again would be interesting after the pressure he put on Amy to have an abortion. It would probably be the end of Cain and Moira (if he huffed because she 'lied' about James what the hell would he be like over this? :o) but even as a Cain fan I would like seeing him get some retribution for the horrible "some kids are more important than others" b@stard he was back then.
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,678
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who remembers how awful Moira was when she first arrived? She was working in the Woolpack and was very full of herself and very unpleasant to Marlon. I couldn't abide her.

So, Adam doesn't get his sense of entitlement solely from daddy James.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who remembers how awful Moira was when she first arrived? She was working in the Woolpack and was very full of herself and very unpleasant to Marlon. I couldn't abide her.

bib: She is not all bad then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I remember they didn't get on but I thought that was more to do with Moira cramping Marlons style in the kitchen rather than her being awful to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bib: She is not all bad then.

Can't see the bold on my mobile device (quoted posts are all in bold), but I'm guessing you warrant an:

Oi, I like Marlon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember they didn't get on but I thought that was more to do with Moira cramping Marlons style in the kitchen rather than her being awful to him.

She was full of her own importance and came into his kitchen and started throwing her weight around. Which is awful in my book. I couldnae stand her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In not sure how you square her being awful and being unpleasant to Marlon... those two things are mutually exclusive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also he thought Moira was the love of his life if you remember
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In not sure how you square her being awful and being unpleasant to Marlon... those two things are mutually exclusive

Too right!:D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also he thought Moira was the love of his life if you remember

LOL, yes I remember him falling for her! What a prat :D

The man should come with a warning: If this plonker says you're the love of his life - RUN!

Unless my recall is way off, I don't remember Moira giving him any indication that they were anything more than friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    LOL, yes I remember him falling for her! What a prat :D

The man should come with a warning: If this plonker says you're the love of his life - RUN!

Unless my recall is way off, I don't remember Moira giving him any indication that they were anything more than friends.

She didn't, but he was besotted with her at one point.

Laurel is the love of Marlons life #4. I bet she feels special :cool:

Edit: if you count Moira, then Laurel is actually the 5th love of his life :o
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that Moira has had that drastic a personality transplant. She hasn't always been so strong. This is the woman that bought heroin for Holly. I'd say she's a lot stronger now than she was then (despite showing Adam where to score)