Options

Malky Mackay revealed to be a filthy racist

Comments

• Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    correct me if i am wrong but didnt tan release a statement saying there would come a time when mckay was not seen as a hero anymore?

p.s hes still wrong to change club colours!

I'd make Tan eat everyone of those effing red shirts but thats the eye pecking Bluebird in me >:(

Malky might have sent a few crude messages but is that a crime for a footie manager Cardiff wouldn't have had a sniff of the premier league without him.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Last season Tan was angry about the fact that Cardiff's keeper weren't getting goals... obviously he isn't the easiest to work with if reports are true. I didn't think Mackay (and Moody) would ever come out looking worse though. Their careers are effectively over.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    I'd make Tan eat everyone of those effing red shirts but thats the eye pecking Bluebird in me >:(

Malky might have sent a few crude messages but is that a crime for a footie manager Cardiff wouldn't have had a sniff of the premier league without him.

Let's remove the dodgy transfer dealings as well, what's a few brown envelopes between friends?

Main thing he is a "gezzer" who drinks pints and slaps birds arse's
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    The irony of the Daily Mail outing a racist shouldn't be lost on anyone.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investigated-FA-sexist-racist-homophobic-text-messages-time-Cardiff.html#ixzz3B1nqr7Ox
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I've heard worse said about the Jews. Some of it on this forum.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Racism, sexism and homophobia is a price worth paying for success on the field? But changing the shirts to red isn't?

Talk about a messed up sense of priorities!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bosox wrote: »
    Racism, sexism and homophobia is a price worth paying for success on the field? But changing the shirts to red isn't?

The modern football fan:D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

great point
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tan plays hardball and he's taken his time to completely destroy Malky now we should be thankful to him for that as we stand in leckwith in our flippin red shirts

Football is full of bad boys or is that me being a bit blinkered :cool:
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    Tan plays hardball and he's taken his time to completely destroy Malky now we should be thankful to him for that as we stand in leckwith in our flippin red shirts

Yes you've got red shirts but at least your manager isn't a homophobic, racist anymore. Swings and roundabouts isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You don't become a billionaire without being ruthless, it's not just football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Tan was accused or found guilty of the financial issues that it seems has gone on some people would be marching to force him to sell the club and be sent away for the rest of his life.

But instead the one who seems to have done these things is made out to be some sort of hero. Says a lot about the mentality of the fans.

Maybe Tan was right about them as well?
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member

There is bad boys...then there are managers treating foreign Egyptian kids in a totally derogatory and completely unprofessional and disgusting way, for one example.

That is not even getting into the fact Mackay might have had your club paying millions more in transfers for players than was required.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Part of it is the culture of football, Someone like Mackay is seen as a "proper" football person and Vincent Tan is portrayed as the evil foreign owner.

The "sports" media also have to take some of the blame, They have got very lazy in their reporting of football in general. They go for the cheap headlines to pander to the masses.

Once Tan came out with some of his comments and the way the legal action was dropped should have set off bells but no the media continuted to make out Tan is some Bond Baddie

Mackay obviously isn't the angel that a lot of the press made him out to be last year, but Tan handled the situation poorly regardless. Whatever his reasons for sacking Moody, replacing him with a guy in his early 20s whose only knowledge of football came from cleaning the changing rooms (and didn't even have a proper work visa) was absolutely not the type of decision he should have been making in such an important season.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Be very interesting to see what happens with the dodgy agent fees, feel like this could go on a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    Mackay obviously isn't the angel that a lot of the press made him out to be last year, but Tan handled the situation poorly regardless. Whatever his reasons for sacking Moody, replacing him with a guy in his early 20s whose only knowledge of football came from cleaning the changing rooms (and didn't even have a proper work visa) was absolutely not the type of decision he should have been making in such an important season.

But it is his decison to make.

The abuse he has got from the media has not really been fair more so when if they did their job they would have found out alot worse was going on then changing shirt colors and giving the wrong person a job
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    correct me if i am wrong but didnt tan release a statement saying there would come a time when mckay was not seen as a hero anymore?

p.s hes still wrong to change club colours!

I was going to link to this earlier before DS went offline and I had to go out. I think this might be what you're on about ..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-vincent-tan-launches-stunning-7103377
    In his most incredible interview yet, Tan said there was one man mainly responsible for the club's relegation.

"The main person responsible fro relegation is Malky Mackay, the hero of fans," he said.

"They should ask why he apologises? They should find out from him.

"Legally, I'm not supposed to say. I wish I could say. but I can't. Ask him why he apologises.

There's also this regarding Malkay's statement after dropping the litigation.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/malky-mackay-apologises-vincent-tan-7099790
    “My thanks to those at the club and the fans who have supported me during my time in Wales. If I have caused any offence to anyone during this time, especially to Vincent Tan, then I apologise without reservation."
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: the stuff about agents:

Andreas Cornelius - signed in June 2013 for £8m having been allegedly offered to clubs for £1m a few weeks earlier.

Then sold on in February 2014 for an undisclosed fee but Cardiff claim they lost most of what they paid for him, having made 8 appearances and not scored.

Make of that what you will.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also worth adding that just because Macaky might be a ****, that doesn't rule out Tan being a **** as well.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not really sure what to believe,don't really trust the Daily Mail,
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thinking it probably wouldn't take much effort to 'borrow' someones phones to send a few dodgy messages if they're busy doing other stuff but given the language usage etc i'd expect it to match up with other texts etc so if the rest are in perfect english but he suddenly decided to drop into txt for these then its time to stroke the virtual beard and say hmmmm....

also i'm sure the police will be able to send an email to gchq and get all the date/time/triangulation details along with the actual message and perhaps compare it to his actual activities and if there was any cctv in use at the ground at the time the actual tapes of him as he moved around the grounds
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there really was no truth at all to the allegations, you'd expect right about now that Moody would be announcing his intention to sue the Mail. Instead, he jacked in his job within a couple of hours of the story breaking.
  • Options
    davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still not really sure what to believe,don't really trust the Daily Mail,

I think Palace's reaction says it all
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is not the Mail using sources, taking one man's word against another. There's nothing to 'trust' them on. We are dealing with physical evidence which has been submitted to the FA. Mad conspiracy theories about people stealing phones and implanting texts on there aside, the evidence is going to be clear and incontrovertible. Moody resigning and Mackay having the offer from Palace withdrawn and neither coming out and denying a word of the reports speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Vile man, hope he never works in football again.

There is obviously still a lot of work to do with these racist homophobic dinosaurs.
    What I find worrying, apart from the obvious, is that he is only 42 years old. You would hope (and I'm more than likely being naive here) that people's attitudes have changed over the last 20 odd years with it being spoken about more openly and being rightly condemned by the majority.

I admit to thinking him a decent man ....how wrong can you be?