Options

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Hello, just recently, I have always had to reload the Raydons files from my USB to the Humax, almost as if overnight the Humax is resetting itself, could anyone please explain why? Thank you all very much!
  • Options
    REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, just recently, I have always had to reload the Raydons files from my USB to the Humax, almost as if overnight the Humax is resetting itself, could anyone please explain why? Thank you all very much!

What version are you loading?
    You need to be on 4.0.4 - If you are loading an earlier one then housekeeping will update the firmware every night to the current firmware version 1.00.17 (which the 4.0.4 package includes).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    What version are you loading?
    You need to be on 4.0.4 - If you are loading an earlier one then housekeeping will update the firmware every night to the current firmware version 1.00.17 (which the 4.0.4 package includes).

Thanks for the reply. I am using 4.0.4 (the release with the new web interface).

Some things wrong though. I always had firmware 1.0015, and always tried to update it, but it always said it was already up to date, even last week.

Just now I forced a software update and it said it is updating to 1.0017, finally! But when it is finished I look at the latest version in the Diagnostics and firmware remains at 1.00.15. So I try again, and it says it's updating, but again it stays at version 1.0015.

So I power off and try the update again, this time it says I have the latest version, but still it is showing 1.0015.

So I have this query too. :)

Kind Regards

ps even after all the above, I can still connect to the box via ftp (suggesting the Raydon is still there... I actually thought I'd need to re-install from USB after any forced firmware updates)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am also reading these notes from Raydon... to confuse myself:

v4.0.4 is based on Humax's latest v1.00.17 firmware and is a complete standalone replacement for it.
    What this means is that a reflash with the standard Humax v1.00.17 firmware before flashing with v4.04 is not necessary.
    It will upgrade any earlier version of installed firmware, either standard or modified, to v1.00.17 with custom mods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am also reading these notes from Raydon... to confuse myself:

v4.0.4 is based on Humax's latest v1.00.17 firmware and is a complete standalone replacement for it.
    What this means is that a reflash with the standard Humax v1.00.17 firmware before flashing with v4.04 is not necessary.
    It will upgrade any earlier version of installed firmware, either standard or modified, to v1.00.17 with custom mods.

If you forced a OTA firmware update then you would loose ftp access. All 4.0.x releases use the new interface but only 4.0.4 includes 1.00.17. Are you really sure you have the correct file / usb stick?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi, seems I had release 4.0, not 4.0.4!

What confused my was the link at the top of this thread points to the page where is says:

"New features in v4.0"

And then a few lines later says:

"Latest release v4.0.4 is available for download from HERE"

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    If I install this software will I be able to transfer music files from my Windows Home Server on to the Humax and/or play the music directly from the WHS ?
    Ditto photographs ?
    If so that would be fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bsw wrote: »
    If I install this software will I be able to transfer music files from my Windows Home Server on to the Humax
    Yes if they are mp3.
    and/or play the music directly from the WHS ?
    Ditto photographs ?
    Yes..
    If so that would be fantastic.
    It is. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Excellent, I shall give it a try.
    Thanks,
    bsw
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the New EPG in the web interface, pity there's no feature to set a recording from the web interface though.

Roland
  • Options
    Monster900Monster900 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Installed this on Sunday and, I must say, you guys are damned clever.

It really looks like a great platform for some even more tricksy stuff.

What other ideas are the development team working on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monster900 wrote: »
    Installed this on Sunday and, I must say, you guys are damned clever.

It really looks like a great platform for some even more tricksy stuff.

What other ideas are the development team working on?

Viewing the Schedule and setting recordings are in the works for the next release of the web interface according to the official thread on AV Forums.

Roland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rolandh wrote: »
    Viewing the Schedule and setting recordings are in the works for the next release of the web interface according to the official thread on AV Forums.

Roland

That sounds good.

I guess the ultimate prize must be remote scheduled recording but I suspect that would only work for those with a fixed broadband IP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds good.

I guess the ultimate prize must be remote scheduled recording but I suspect that would only work for those with a fixed broadband IP.

A dynamic DNS service can enable this for those without fixed IP's. It will be necessary to set up port forwarding on your router. The HDR will need to be powered up and not in standby, as there is no way to remotely wake it, as the network adapter is powered off.in standby to meet the EU < 1w requirement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds good.

You don't need to have a fixed Broadband IP address to access the HDR, if your router has the feature you can dessignate a static IP address to the HDR in the router confuguration and set the HDR to DHCP to make sure the DNS server is continuosly updated.

Roland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dynamic DNS service can enable this for those without fixed IP's. It will be necessary to set up port forwarding on your router. The HDR will need to be powered up and not in standby, as there is no way to remotely wake it, as the network adapter is powered off.in standby to meet the EU < 1w requirement.

The one main advantage of having remote recording will mean that you can set up recordings while still watching a recording.

Roland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rolandh wrote: »
    The one main advantage of having remote recording will mean that you can set up recordings while still watching a recording.

Roland

I think the main advantage would be to set something to record when I am away from home, but have internet access, and I have forgotten to schedule it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main advantage would be to set something to record when I am away from home, but have internet access, and I have forgotten to schedule it.

somewhere on the thread linked to in the first post it tells you how to setup remote access with the software, but they warn you that anyone will have access to the HDR's HDD.

Roland
  • Options
    carvellcarvell Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't set something to record though, can you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carvell wrote: »

Not currently, the only useful thing that can be done remotely at present is stream recordings or upload pictures and music to the HDR and upload videos using AV2HDR.

Roland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carvell wrote: »

Soon :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Hi learned ones - I seem to have a problem with samba (I think). I am using the latest version of firmware and the media bundle.

The box simply will not appear in Windows Explorer (I have Win 7/64 bit) although the media player device does. I have no problem in accessing via ftp and Twonky seems OK but it is v annoying that the samba part just doesn't seem to work. According to the (excellent) browser facility it is running and I have started and restarted it many times from here. It also worked fine with my previous combination of xp PC, earlier version of the software and original HDD (I have since upgraded from 330Gb to 1Tb) Any ideas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mullers63 wrote: »
    Hi learned ones - I seem to have a problem with samba (I think). I am using the latest version of firmware and the media bundle.

The box simply will not appear in Windows Explorer (I have Win 7/64 bit) although the media player device does. I have no problem in accessing via ftp and Twonky seems OK but it is v annoying that the samba part just doesn't seem to work. According to the (excellent) browser facility it is running and I have started and restarted it many times from here. It also worked fine with my previous combination of xp PC, earlier version of the software and original HDD (I have since upgraded from 330Gb to 1Tb) Any ideas?

Windows 7 likes the workgroup to match on your PC and the HDR (webif settings page).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Windows 7 likes the workgroup to match on your PC and the HDR (webif settings page).

Thanks, but tried that one already - both are WORKGROUP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mullers63 wrote: »
    Thanks, but tried that one already - both are WORKGROUP

Hmmm - then try and map a network drive to:
    //foxsat-hdr/media

If that does not work then replace foxsat-hdr with the HDR's IP address.