CS Peter Barlow's exit - MY IDEA ONLY

Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm wondering whether Peter cannot take the pressure anymore and kill himself in prison, just as Rob gets found out and dies in a car crash being chased by the Police. The whole Street would be shocked as Peter would have died for nothing. I'm hoping this is not the case as I would love Chris to return one day !

Comments

• Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would wrap this story up now, Peter and his self pity and self destruction is boring me to death. Next he collapses in prison - yawn.
  • LynchpinLynchpin Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether Peter cannot take the pressure anymore and kill himself in prison, just as Rob gets found out and dies in a car crash being chased by the Police. The whole Street would be shocked as Peter would have died for nothing. I'm hoping this is not the case as I would love Chris to return one day !

:o:cry::cry: Hope not!

I'm clinging to the hope that Chris is intending to return, as he has done before after breaks from Corrie.

My theory is similar to yours, ( without the suicide) that when the reveal happens, Peter can't take the fact that everyone except Ken, believed him guilty, and he leaves for Portsmouth.

Like your idea of a car chase with the police and Rob's death. I don't think we will get to see Rob in prison.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed Chris was just taking a break and will be returning right about the time rob leaves.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Peter should die of alcohol poisoning. I think the character has done his time, they don't know what to do with him anymore. It's either have an affair - get drunk - have an affair - get drunk - self pity - get drunk - have an affair - self pity - get drunk - blame someone else - get drunk.

Even if he gets out of prison it wouldn't be long before he reverted to type.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Peter too old to go back in the navy? That would be a good exit.
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory is the 'explosive storyline' that Stuart Blackburn talked about involves Rob killing Peter in a fire of some sort. I can't see Rob being killed off for some reason and while I don't want Peter to die, it seems likely one way or another.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    My theory is the 'explosive storyline' that Stuart Blackburn talked about involves Rob killing Peter in a fire of some sort. I can't see Rob being killed off for some reason and while I don't want Peter to die, it seems likely one way or another.

I hope its the other way round and Rob dies, but leaving Peter a free but broken man who then goes and stays with his old friend :confused: whats his name?...the chef....Keith Duffy for a few months until his return.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    Peter's impotency hasn't been mentioned for a while now. Does anyone know if his problems in the trouser department have been resolved ? Thanks.
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Peter's impotency hasn't been mentioned for a while now. Does anyone know if his problems in the trouser department have been resolved ? Thanks.

I think he has bigger problems to solve than that at the mo mo :( but hopefully after a break he will return happier, healthier, stronger than ever.:D
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    I think he has bigger problems to solve than that at the mo mo :( but hopefully after a break he will return happier, healthier, stronger than ever.:D

I knew I could rely on you, Luce.
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I knew I could rely on you, Luce.

No problem and don't you fret, Peter will be just fine, you'll see :)
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    No problem and don't you fret, Peter will be just fine, you'll see :)

We shall see what we shall see. I've a feeling that the cheap drunk is finished this time. His impotency will follow him to the grave. Let's just say that they will have no trouble getting the coffin lid down.