BBC iPlayer WMP downloads

BBC iPlayer. I have had a problem for the last two days where I cannot get the DRM licences for downloaded files. This has worked perfectly for some years and has only now stopped working. If I try to play a .wmv file in WMP, I get an error stating "web page cannot be found" (open.live.bbc.co.uk)
I have tested this on a number of computers in my household and got the same response on them all.
Any ideas/suggestions would be very welcome.

Peter.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Same for me. I thought it may be related to the latest set of Microsoft patches (last week) but I have an unpatched machine that does it too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    ok, well that sort of helps....it is now more likely I think that there could be a problem with the BBC site. However, it's been a problem now since Friday night; you would have thought there would be more "chat" about it if that were so. Also, would you not expect the BBC to have fixed it by now?? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Yes, I expected more chat - although the last great hassle I had with them was pretty silent for several weeks. It looks like their authorisation server might be failing because that open.live.bbc.co.uk page is one I get whenever a program has gone past its 30 days. I have complained to them about it, but in my experience they are way overstretched.
    Forum Member
    Yes, agree. Let's hope they can fix it before my downloads expire :) Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Forum Member
    Looks like it has been fixed (for me at least).
    Forum Member
    Bingo !!