Options

Lotto - bad luck story...

lulululu Posts: 4,685
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A business colleague of my hubby got 5 numbers in the lotto draw last week. He went to cash the ticket and was told, sorry you haven't won anything. Turns out the poor sod filled out a 'lotto extra' ticket instead of the 'normal' ticket.

Comments

• Options
    morningmorning Posts: 17,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlucky, since I started doing the lottery, unlucky is the only word I fully understand. :(
  • Options
    lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morning wrote:
    Unlucky, since I started doing the lottery, unlucky is the only word I fully understand. :(

Know the feeling, I rarely remember to buy a ticket these days. I do know someone who won quite a large sum of money on the lottery and that made me think lightning never strikes twice :D. That's just the pessimist in me I guess :p
  • Options
    morningmorning Posts: 17,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu wrote:
    Know the feeling, I rarely remember to buy a ticket these days. I do know someone who won quite a large sum of money on the lottery and that made me think lightning never strikes twice :D. That's just the pessimist in me I guess :p

You should be rubbing against this large winner as often as you can then. :D Four numbers is the most I ever get. Still, I cannot really complain - what would we do with all that money any way? ;)
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    I can think of many things!!!

Nah, I was thinking, the best thing to do is not play it weekly, but all in one night. Invest, say, £1.5 million in lottery, bound to win.

Tho if you don't, you're a bit buggered i guess.
  • Options
    codheadcodhead Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just stick £5 a week into a tin and then every three months, award yourself a tenner, it works out around the same.
  • Options
    SnozzwanglerSnozzwangler Posts: 82,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superb tip Codhead, I might do that! :D