Options

New 3D Pricing At Cineworld

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, as suggested in another thread on here, it seems that Cineworld are adjusting their prices on the 3D surcharge...

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/news/157/detail

Doesn't seem particularily clear though. Does it mean that Unlimited customers still have to pay £1.30? Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,107
    Forum Member
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    So, as suggested in another thread on here, it seems that Cineworld are adjusting their prices on the 3D surcharge...

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/news/157/detail

Doesn't seem particularily clear though. Does it mean that Unlimited customers still have to pay £1.30? Anyone?

Yes it says £1.30 for children and unlimited. I thought they were going to scrap the extra charge or reduce it to under a pound they way they were going on. So its about 20 or 30p less. And they expect you to buy a pair for 80p to achieve this if you havent got any already. Hardly a huge reduction is it? They will still be the same uncomfortable glasses I imagine that squash the side of your head. I have to take mine off every 20 mins or so. And I went to see the 2D of Up instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it does sound like that doesn't it? :mad:

Guess who won't be bothering to watch any 3D films then... I may just start selling my old glasses to people outside the building! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously fail to understand the cinemas. They bitch and moan about falling attendance due to piracy, and when something comes along that could potentially help them, they try and wring MORE money out of people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand.

I have an unlimited card, so if I was to bring in a pair of glasses that I'd got ages ago (before they started charging for 3D films) would I still have to pay £1.30?

Also, I don't get the bit where it says "Customers, who do not have 3D glasses, will have to purchase a pair for 80p and they too will be making a saving if they reuse their glasses for future presentations. You only need to use your glasses 3 times to start making a saving!

Will those customers have to pay 80p for the glasses plus the surcharge?

Excuse me for being thick!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand.

I have an unlimited card, so if I was to bring in a pair of glasses that I'd got ages ago (before they started charging for 3D films) would I still have to pay £1.30?

Also, I don't get the bit where it says "Customers, who do not have 3D glasses, will have to purchase a pair for 80p and they too will be making a saving if they reuse their glasses for future presentations. You only need to use your glasses 3 times to start making a saving!

Will those customers have to pay 80p for the glasses plus the surcharge?

Excuse me for being thick!!

You're not being thick... It's as clear as mud.
    From what I can work out, it means that us Unlimited customers will have to pay £1.30 each time (Wow, a whole 20p lower than currently...) and yes, other customers will have to pay the charge, plus the 80p for their glasses.

Anyone from Cineworld care to elaborate as to if this is the case?

It's quite annoying as the rumours were suggesting that the charge was going to be dropped completely for Unlimited customers if they re-use their glasses. It seems not! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So if you have never been to a 3D film before they would charge you the normal entrance fee plus 80p fior the glasses plus the 3D fee. That would be around £10! So what would the 3D price be from next week the first time you go to a 3D film? Take unlimited as an example. Currently £1.50 extra and you get a new pair of glasses each time. From Friday £1.30 if you supply your own 3D galsses. So what if you go to a 3D screening for the first time. An unlimited customer will be charged £1.30 plus 80p for the glasses. Absolutely rediculous. I can see this causing utter confusion!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can work out, it means that us Unlimited customers will have to pay £1.30 each time (Wow, a whole 20p lower than currently...) and yes, other customers will have to pay the charge, plus the 80p for their glasses.

It's quite annoying as the rumours were suggesting that the charge was going to be dropped completely for Unlimited customers if they re-use their glasses. It seems not! :mad:

Glad it's not me then :D

So us Unlimited customers aren't saving much at all really?! It's daft. I wouldnt mind paying say an extra £1 if I took my own glasses but to only save 20p whether or not I took my own pair its not really worth it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member

Yep that's it. Took me a while to work out what was meant by the new charges as well. I'm really disappointed by it having endured 6 months of customers shouting at me (especially Unlimited customers) about the ridiculous overpricing. It would have made sense to have created a one off charge for the glasses and then allowed customers to buy tickets at the normal price thereafter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Kim.

Yeah, it's not really what we were hoping for (ie. 'free' or a lot less)

Whatever the pricing though, it's no excuse for people to yell at you though... That's just not on. The bloody head honcho's that dream these prices up should be the ones getting the earache... ;)

Think I'll just stick with the 2D alternatives for now, unless it's something I really want to see in 3D...
  • Options
    Gary GlimmerGary Glimmer Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Just buy a ticket for another movie and walk into the 3D one anyway. Simple.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i decided yesterday to go see a christmas carol after work -didnt happen to have my 3d glasses on me :-0

it cost £1.30 + 80p so £2.10 in total.

not exactly a 'saving' on the £1.50 they were previously charging
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy a ticket for another movie and walk into the 3D one anyway. Simple.

At my cineworld they only let you in to the film you are watching 5 minutes before the start time. So unless the 3D film starts at pretty much the same time you are screwed.
    Secondly it has 14 screens, 7 each side of the foyer. And unless you know which screen is showing what film, you can bet you'll be on the opposite side to the 3D one! sods law really :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i decided yesterday to go see a christmas carol after work -didnt happen to have my 3d glasses on me :-0

it cost £1.30 + 80p so £2.10 in total.

not exactly a 'saving' on the £1.50 they were previously charging

i didnt think A Christmas Carol was showing anywhere until tomorrow.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cineworld 3D prices going up again according to their facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/Cineworldcinemas?ref=nf
    As of next Friday our 3D uplift prices will be increasing slightly in line with a company wide price increase. 3D movies for Unlimited customers will go up 20p to £1.50 - sorry to be the bearer of bad news Unlimited Facebook fans. This is not targeted at just Unlimited customers and through being an Unlimited customer you will still enjoy the cheapest way to watch 3D films in the UK!about an hour ago

(waits for people to go mad)