Options

Israel, a rogue nation?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have seen two pieces of news regarding Israel today.

One is that mossad is to apologise to the British government for using forged British passports to commit murder.

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=200954

However this is not the first time Israel has apologised for forging British passports, it happened in 1987 too and they gave us their solemn word it would never happen again then. How are we to believe them this time?

The other is that an Israeli spy captured in Egypt has confirmed that it is, indeed, Israel who has been cutting under sea data cables to the Middle East.

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=218437

All society, even global society, is based on trust. Israel has shown time after time that they can not be trusted.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we really need yet another thread on Israel? :(
  • Options
    WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rogue nations - just look at Israels neigbours then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Windy999 wrote: »
    Do we really need yet another thread on Israel? :(

I comment on what I see in the news. Both stories I read today, one is dated today, the other yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    Rogue nations - just look at Israels neigbours then

But it isn't their neighbours who used forged British passports to commit murder and it isn't their neighbours who have been cutting undersea data cables so their neighbours are rather irrelevant to this thread.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And for sure, Mossad are the only security service which makes use of forged passports?
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did the OP talk about Jews? If you read the OP, you'll see it's about the Israeli government and calling them out on two points - one being the UK passports forgeries and the (so amazing I'm actually flabbergasted!) news that they may have also been involved in the cutting of data cables?

And anyway, how is this thread any better/worse than the countless numbers of Islamic/Arabic bashing threads?

You can't have one without the other unfortunately. And if this second story is true, I hope they get penalised big time for it. Some sort of diplomatic sanctions or something. The idea of government sponsored sabotage is distasteful wherever it is happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would Israel be so security conscious if it lived next to Belgium and had Holland and France as bordering countries.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would Israel be so security conscious if it lived next to Belgium and had Holland and France as bordering countries.

You're saying that instead of isolating, tracking and investigating possible crimes like most other nations (in fact all other nations) on the net, they decide to try and totally disable a country's (and a whole region's) internet access? I guess that's one way to prevent criminals but it kinda puts the millions (if not billions?) of people living in the areas kinda lacking without having done anything wrong. Not to forget the potential money losses incurred by companies through loss of internet access.

Are you really looking at the bigger picture?

I suppose at least we can say the Israeli government's actions are consistent and in line with previous form (pre-emptive strikes ask questions later gung-ho style).
  • Options
    RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would depend on whether or not it had annexed Germany. Previously invaded and occupied Denmark and was blockading Luxembourg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    You're saying that instead of isolating, tracking and investigating possible crimes like most other nations (in fact all other nations) on the net, they decide to try and totally disable a country's (and a whole region's) internet access? I guess that's one way to prevent criminals but it kinda puts the millions (if not billions?) of people living in the areas kinda lacking without having done anything wrong. Not to forget the potential money losses incurred by companies through loss of internet access.

It wasn't done to prevent any criminal activity. I don't think there is any doubt about why the cables, possibly eight or nine of them, were cut starting on the 30th of January 2008.

http://edition.presstv.ir/detail/37468.html

Nobody was sure if it was Israel or America that did the cutting till now.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredc wrote: »
    It wasn't done to prevent any criminal activity. I don't think there is any doubt about why the cables, possibly eight or nine of them, were cut starting on the 30th of January 2008.

http://edition.presstv.ir/detail/37468.html

Nobody was sure if it was Israel or America that did the cutting till now.

And then we have the link to that bastion of the truth PressTV.

Mouthpiece for Am A Dinnerjacket!

Cheerio Fred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    That would depend on whether or not it had annexed Germany. Previously invaded and occupied Denmark and was blockading Luxembourg.

Luxembourg and Gaza .Now thats what I call polar opposites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then we have the link to that bastion of the truth PressTV.

Mouthpiece for Am A Dinnerjacket!

Cheerio Fred.

Did you have a problem with the content of the web page I linked to?

Or are you speaking purely out of prejudice and discrimination?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    Did you have a problem with the content of the web page I linked to?

Or are you speaking purely out of prejudice and discrimination?

It's not exactly an un-biased news source is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DGSx wrote: »
    It's not exactly an un-biased news source is it?

What is your problem with the content of the web page I posted a link to?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    What is your problem with the content of the web page I posted a link to?

Press TV is the PR wing of the Iranian government, an organisation that is not exactly fond of Israel and one who are profoundly anti semitic. I am not surprised you were able to find two anti Israel stories there to enable to to further your anti Israel quest here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press TV is the PR wing of the Iranian government, an organisation that is not exactly fond of Israel and one who are profoundly anti semitic. I am not surprised you were able to find two anti Israel stories there to enable to to further your anti Israel quest here.

I posted the link to provide information relative to the subject of the thread.

Are you claiming the information contained on the web page was not true?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can it get any better :D
  • Options
    alanr74alanr74 Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's be honest here. The link is about as relevant as a link to fox tv on a subject of atheism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanr74 wrote: »
    Let's be honest here. The link is about as relevant as a link to fox tv on a subject of atheism.

in what way did you find the link irrelevant to the subject?

I found it very relevant.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It maybe true, but to claim Israel is a rogue nation as a result is a joke. Every nation conducts operations which you condemn Israel over, only difference is Israel is a country that not many other nations want to be associated with, primarily due to Muslim and Arab countries ,who hold all the oil cards, wishing to see every Jew killed, Israel reduced to rubble and the past 60 years of Israeli history forgotten.

It is not surprising then that any kind of action taken by Israel is then leaked by other intelligence agencies to score political points with Arab governments, such as the passport fiasco. Had US agents used UK passports to assassinate a terrorist, then the outcome would be totally different, all the video footage would just dissapear, media would be silenced and a wall of denialbility would go up, so even if people did suspect something they would not be able to prove it, but no, with Israel operations we get a fly on wall view of it.

If you want to label a country as rogue and use Israel as the bench mark, then France is even worse, especailly when in 1985 they blew up Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior which was birthed in Auckland, New Zealand . Two French agents were caught using fake New Zealand passports.

Which government agency is responsible for the Stuxnet worm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet. China and Russia are said to be behind huge attacks on Western countries banking and financial computers, resulting in millions of pounds lost each year.

Every nation gets up to shady, dirt and nasty shenanigans for the good of the nation, we just do not hear about it, even if agents are caught there is often a deal made between countries to keep the incident from being made public.

Sorry, but your claim that Israel is rogue nation and to use a Iranian PR source is just a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It maybe true, but to claim Israel is a rogue nation as a result is a joke. Every nation conducts operations which you condemn Israel over, only difference is Israel is a country that not many other nations want to be associated with, primarily due to Muslim and Arab countries ,who hold all the oil cards, wishing to see every Jew killed, Israel reduced to rubble and the past 60 years of Israeli history forgotten.

It is not surprising then that any kind of action taken by Israel is then leaked by other intelligence agencies to score political points with Arab governments, such as the passport fiasco. Had US agents used UK passports to assassinate a terrorist, then the outcome would be totally different, all the video footage would just dissapear, media would be silenced and a wall of denialbility would go up, so even if people did suspect something they would not be able to prove it, but no, with Israel operations we get a fly on wall view of it.

If you want to label a country as rogue and use Israel as the bench mark, then France is even worse, especailly when in 1985 they blew up Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior which was birthed in Auckland, New Zealand . Two French agents were caught using fake New Zealand passports.

Which government agency is responsible for the Stuxnet worm? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet. China and Russia are said to be behind huge attacks on Western countries banking and financial computers, resulting in millions of pounds lost each year.

Every nation gets up to shady, dirt and nasty shenanigans for the good of the nation, we just do not hear about it, even if agents are caught there is often a deal made between countries to keep the incident from being made public.

Sorry, but your claim that Israel is rogue nation and to use a Iranian PR source is just a joke.

Where was Israel mentioned in the link I posted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was Israel mentioned in the link I posted?

Is this the best reply you can manage?

How pathetic,this has to be one of the most stupidest comments ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the best reply you can manage?

How pathetic,this has to be one of the most stupidest comments ever.

It doesn't seem as stupid as people passing judgement on the contents of a web page they haven't even read then declaring the authors of the page biassed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't seem as stupid as people passing judgement on the contents of a web page they haven't even read then declaring the authors of the page biassed.

Trying hard to deflect the issues arn't you, but it wont work.

You create a topic called "Israel a Rogue nation?" Post links to news stories about Israels actions, then have the audacity to say in response to my reply,
    ]"Where was Israel mentioned in the link I posted?

Now you are coming out with another stupid counter comment designed to pass the buck to myself.