Options

Recruitment Agency + Job Interview = What to do?

sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I applied for this job I saw on Reed.co.uk on Friday - http://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/technology-whiz/23036342

I did it on a whim, as I'm finding it difficult to get a job, and it's sort of up my street but not completely in the area I wanted to go into.

Anyway, the recruitment company Quality Personnel phoned me an hour later, and offered me an interview tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.
They then sent me a email with details on what to bring etc and they want my passport, NI number, bank details, list of references dating back two years, and a list of a minimum of five companies I would like to work for, or would like them to approach on my behalf.

The appointment is scheduled to last 1 1/2 hours, and I've got to pay for parking too.

Now, I've heard so many bad things about agencies, and I'm slightly worried about them wanting my bank details, that I don't know what to do tomorrow, whether I should still go or not. The office isn't local either - it's about 45 mins drive from where I live.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not clear, is the interview with an agency or with a company that can actually offer you a job?

They are recruitment consultants. They recruit through Reed.

Don't see any problem with attending an interview, can't do any harm.
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Its standard procedure for the recruitment company to meet potential candidates to vet them first.

I would go, they may not have a job right now but in the future they might and you'd be first on the list as you've already been vetted.