The Simpsons series 25 Sky One

DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just when I thought the last series was a new low for the programme I feel this series is even less funny and more crap.

Why is it the unfunny name they had for tablets and phones change from Maple to Apple? Even though the caption read that they weren't getting paid from Apple I am not sure I believe that.

Worse of all the voice actors are getting hundreds of thousands per episode to read the crap scripts.

Futurama is far better and that has been axed again. The only reason it got cancelled the first time was because they mucked around with the broadcast time so much viewers gave up.

Axe The Simpsoms before it's great name is sullied too much.

PJ

Comments

• Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    I think it is time to put the show to bed.

The novelty has worn off and anything beyond Series 16 (with series 20 as a highlight) has been poor. FOX are using this as a cash cow.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the episode last night in the states had it's lowest ratings ever with just 3.4 million viewers.

I haven't watched any new episodes for years because i lost track of when sky would actually premiere the new stuff, and whenever they did, it was all so stop and start, so hopefully Season 25 will follow some kind of order.

I don't mind it though - it's not hysterically funny, but then I never really thought it ever was.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still adore the simpsons
    It's quality is no where near as good as it for the first 10 seasons but i am still a loyal fan
    You can't expect a show for 25 years to still be as good, so why people expect for it to be a original and unique as it once was is a bit daft

Have to be honest, the recent episode that aired wasn't one of the show's finest moments. It was about Bart who gets invovled in voodoo and makes his art teacher pregnant (when he was meant to be making her ill to miss a few days off school) and then all the childless couples in springfield begin hiring him to make them pregnant. It was daft and disturbing at the same time.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they renew for a couple of series recently? I guess Fox don't care about the quality as long as it is making money and with the Tapped Out game I am sure it will mean they will try and get to series 30.

Love to know why they made the Mapple products Apple as they claim it wasn't product placement. Odd.

I re watched the recent episode where Moe's best friend was a bar rag who was the narrator of the show. Everything that is shockingly bad about modern episodes is summed up in one rag.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was renewed for a season 26 ages ago, but that's the only renewal the show has at the moment.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the Halloween new episode the other day and cant believe how bad they have become those used to be utterly amazing. There's been no progress in the Characters
    I think it could have helped the show if the children had started growing up a bit because they are totally clueless on what direction to take.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simpsons has been in a steady decline since 1999, but they were able to cover up it for a good few years thereafter by letting the show descend into overly wacky and eccentric plots until about season 16...While it certainly wasn't a patch on seasons 2-9, it was most definitely entertaining and hilarious :D. Now we are into season 25 where the show is completely devoid of any sort of humour and there is barely any structure to the characters and episodes.

The once excellent show really should of ended years ago to preserve The Simpsons name of being the most funny, witty and cleverest animated sitcoms of all time. Fox, however, have absolutely no respect for what the show is/was, and want to milk the cash cow for all its worth. Oh, what am I saying? We would all probably do the same if we were in their position ;-).
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who does everyone think will die in series 26?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess if you treat them as a drama rather than a comedy they are ok but the one where Homer looked after Homer Jr was daft especially the baby having his thre hairs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's episode had another bad error in it. Last time their boat picture got destroyed they went to their cupboard and their was a massive stack of loads of the same picture so they just replaced it. If that supply had run out, why didn't they show the empty cupboard? Also why didn't we know about Kirk's bit on the side whilst he was single before? I thought it was just the "can I borrow a feeling women"?

PJ