Dog mess camouflage man

Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A man who hides in bushes in order to catch people not clearing up their dogs' mess has been given advice to help him catch offenders.

Andrew Hawes, from Leiston, Suffolk, dresses in camouflage to photograph culprits and report them.

He said officers from Environmental Health and Suffolk Police had given him training in handling situations.

"Now they've told me it's not against the law, I'm really going to go after them," he said.
"I'm going big on it now. I've got personalised t-shirts and everything."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-33936954

Go get um!!

Pity some people let their cats mess all over the place too.

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard of deer stalkers, not turd stalkers.
    Just to be clear, is he camoflaged as the mess or the bush?
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    A man who hides in bushes in order to catch people not clearing up their dogs' mess has been given advice to help him catch offenders.

Andrew Hawes, from Leiston, Suffolk, dresses in camouflage to photograph culprits and report them.

He said officers from Environmental Health and Suffolk Police had given him training in handling situations.

"Now they've told me it's not against the law, I'm really going to go after them," he said.
    "I'm going big on it now. I've got personalised t-shirts and everything."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-33936954

Go get um!!

Pity some people let their cats mess all over the place too.

What a way to pass your free time. Do they not have dog wardens nowadays? I thought they were DNA testing dog mess so people could be prosecuted.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Bush camouflage? there's not one hair on it.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't personalised t-shirts kind of detract from the overall efficacy of camouflage?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Literally the world's shittiest superhero.
  • Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    Literally the world's shittiest superhero.

Yeah I thought he sounded a bit crap too.
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . Do they not have dog wardens nowadays?.

I don't think so.
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it is the start of some kind of movement, can only hope he follows through :D
  • DigitalSpyUserDigitalSpyUser Posts: 1,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm never without at least three or four doggy poop bags when I go out. I hope somebody does watch me. Therefore I can DEFINITELY prove that I ALWAYS clean up after my dog/Mum's dog. Even if the dog poops in my own back garden I clean it up straight away. I don't even like the thought of dog poo in my own garden. When I go out I find a local cat's poop or that of a fox.
  • Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a way to pass your free time. Do they not have dog wardens nowadays? I thought they were DNA testing dog mess so people could be prosecuted.

DNA is only useful if you have a sample to compare it too, not to mention that getting material from fecal samples is a bit hit or miss.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i love leiston.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love leiston.

Annette, where have you been?
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd have his work cut out if he came to my area. It's full of lazy, selfish scrotes who think it's acceptable to leave their dog's mess on the pavement.

These are probably the same brainwashed morons who rave on about how allegedly wonderful Yorkshire is, whilst ruining it.
    Forum Member
    chopsim wrote: »
    Annette, where have you been?

i`m away doing family stuff :). i`ve a new grandson and i had all my children [four] and grandchildren [thirteen] together in one joyous place at once for the first time in a couple of years.
  • luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is my hero.

We live right next to a village green sort of open space which is basically a 24/7 dog toilet for hundreds of local dogs. Most owners pick up after them, but there are a good few who don't.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m away doing family stuff :). i`ve a new grandson and i had all my children [four] and grandchildren [thirteen] together in one joyous place at once for the first time in a couple of years.

Hope you're OK. Missed your comments on here.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Jol44 wrote: »
    I don't think so.

We have one - he is also the county wasps nest destroyer, rat catcher and general 'get rid of any pest' controller.

Rutland is not a big place. :)
    Forum Member
    chopsim wrote: »
    Hope you're OK. Missed your comments on here.

aw thank you :) that`s a lovely thing to say.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    A creepy man hiding in bushes, camouflaged, taking pictures, where children are playing :o
    I think I know how this is going to end. :D
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be far bigger fines for those that leave dog mess around.