The Ratings Thread (Part 65)

Comments

• Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Casualty be returning to its gritty roots? Less is more, and the shorter series could mean more time to spend on ambitious storytelling and tighter writing. It was a much better show in its early years when there were less episodes.

Im inclined to think someone has just put a wrong number in :D
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Casualty be returning to its gritty roots? Less is more, and the shorter series could mean more time to spend on ambitious storytelling and tighter writing. It was a much better show in its early years when there were less episodes.

That would explain why it is being frequently trailed after Eastenders recently.
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    The Ratings Thread gets its wish:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b068xqc0

A shorter series of Casualty. Although, there's nothing to stop another series starting in six months' time. :D

Original writer is back, too.

The wrong numbers are listed on the iplayer page. It is actually episode 42 of 43 ;-)

According to the Radio Times that is
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ratings Thread gets its wish:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b068xqc0

A shorter series of Casualty. Although, there's nothing to stop another series starting in six months' time. :D

Original writer is back, too.

Didn't expect to read that. The current series is around 40+ episodes. So what happens after this 27? Another 20+ starting straight after?
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Im inclined to think someone has just put a wrong number in :D
    Markynotts wrote: »
    The wrong numbers are listed on the iplayer page. It is actually episode 42 of 43 ;-)

According to the Radio Times that is

I think Forsaking All Others is a two parter ending series 29. Looks to be episodes 45 & 46. Then series 30 starts next weekend with another two parter. Viewers will just see Casualty continuing like it usually does. It has lost its impact now it is no longer a series with 20+ episodes a year.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Extra Slice would do better on Wednesday immediately after show. I've got Extra Slice on record and pick it up over weekend but it loses it's relevance/appeal as an adhoc half hour a few days after show.

Yes very bizarre how the bake offs after show/companion show is shown 2 days later
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    At least ITV are *trying* with new shows, they could have stuck on repeats.
    Yes but a barbecue challenge and zelebs shearing sheep, these are hardly shows many people want to watch. I could have suggested show more films, but the presence of the soaps and News At Ten makes this very difficult now. Surely a reasonably cheap option in the 9-10 slot would be Celebrity Chase( even a repeat), which could pull in 4 million.
    However, BBC One isn't that much better at the moment. Yet another Pointless repeat at the moment.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    No major improvement for Ripper Street, below 2.93m as it didn't make the top 3. Don't know if it dipped again yet though.

I always thought it would struggle on a Friday night it doesn't really feel like a Friday show/drama and it's not the sort of thing you could just dip in and out of
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Didn't expect to read that. The current series is around 40+ episodes. So what happens after this 27? Another 20+ starting straight after?

I think Forsaking All Others is a two parter ending series 29. Looks to be episodes 45 & 46. Then series 30 starts next weekend with another two parter. Viewers will just see Casualty continuing like it usually does. It has lost its impact now it is no longer a series with 20+ episodes a year.

But currently without the big shoes of SCD and XF and TVUK it's the top rated Saturday show week in week out.

Agree most listings show these as 45/46 to end the current season and the breaks are a bit like the Graham Norton show at Christmas and Easter.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Casualty wont be cut - the earth would stop turning and the universe would end if the BBC ever changed Saturday nights !!! :D
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Casualty wont be cut - the earth would stop turning and the universe would end if the BBC ever changed Saturday nights !!! :D

I suspect you are right :D
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expect ratings to be quite low tonight, There was nothing on at all.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

I bet Casualty gets 4.5m !!! :)
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

https://twitter.com/oliver_kent/status/634656272579710976

It has been cut.... But only by 4 episodes. 43 episodes next year according to the exec producer. Similar size to the 2011/12 run. Like 2012 next Summer they will have Euro 2016 and the Olympics so won't need as many.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Saturday Night Story was quite interesting. Vintage clips and all.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haven't turned tele on today.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    I bet Casualty gets 4.5m !!! :)

Lottery: 3.17m (19.0%)
    Casualty: 4.34m (24.6%)
    MOTD: 3.39m (25.8%)
    Forum Member
    Dad's Army: 1.49m (8.7%)
    Julie Walters: 1.49m (8.4%)
    Calendar Girls: 1.23m (9.7%)
    Forum Member
    The Saturday Night Story was quite interesting. Vintage clips and all.

excluding ITV HD and ITV+1
    KIITF: 2.18m (14.5%)
    Sat Night Story: 1.90m (11.6%)
    Chris Jefferies: 0.69m (4.2%)
    Forum Member
    excluding C4+1
    Great Canal Journeys: 0.94m (6.3%)
    Battleship: 1.03m (6.1%)
    Rush Hour 3: 0.47m (4.4%)
    Forum Member
    excluding C5+1
    Cricket: 0.49m (3.3%)
    Can't Pay?: 0.58m (3.6%)
    Football League Tonight: 0.51m (2.9%)
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I think X Factor will suprise everyone next weekend and have a high rating for both shows. I'm guessing 10m
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think X Factor will suprise everyone next weekend and have a high rating for both shows. I'm guessing 10m

Based on ?
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well they have made enough noise about the changes as they had to really. There will be curiosity no doubt, but its also Summers last hurrah tied in with the Bank Holiday. Weather will play a part too whatever it is-I don't think its an easy ride for the show launching on that weekend but time will tell.
  • ASH2ASH2 Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand Nik Grimshaw

I don't listen to radio 1 now because of him and I won't even give the x factor a try because of him.
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

The last bank holiday before Christmas and the long range weather forecast is showing a high pressure over the uk bringing warm air up from the continent. It will pull down the audience numbers for all channels so the figures I would say, should be around 8 million including plus 1
This discussion has been closed.