Chrome vs IE10. Question.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So since WLM (Windows Live Messenger aka MSN) is forcing us to upgrade to Skype and therefore I won't get the 'new email' notification, I've decided to move to Gmail where you can get notifications. Only problem is you need Chrome and I've got IE10 (which i'm actually loving, especially the spell check), I've been doing some research and apparently Chrome doesn't have a bookmark side bar on the left like IE does, is this really true? I can't live without one to be honest.

If so, i'm rather stuck as to whether to keep IE10 or go to Chrome. Bookmarking and now spellcheck are great features.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • mikemoldmikemold Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    why not use both
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could use Chrome exclusively for GMail as a "chrome web app" and use IE for the rest of your browsing.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Chrome you can put bookmark buttons on a horizontal menu line near the top. I guess you could get about a dozen items there if Chrome's window is maximised but it probably depends on factors such as your screen resolution and font size. A full list of saved bookmarks is available via the settings button near top right (three horizontal lines, used to be a spanner in older versions).

As the previous poster suggested, you could if you wish use Chrome only for Skype and IE or Firefox for other web sites. It's perfectly ok to have all three browsers (and more) installed and in use at the same time.