That one sure jumped up and bit him on the bum, didn't it?:D

What job on The X Factor??:confused:

Or is this also just in "PeteyWorld"?! :p
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_12 wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not implying it was in anyway planned or that Pete is even happy about it in general, but that it provides an excellent opportunity for him to boast about:
    a) pulling another 'stunna', and
    b) his virility

Yuck, yuck and double yuck.
    Do you think Emily tricked Peter to get pregnant as this doesnt seem planned at all from how he said on the first episode he wasent sure about having more kids, or marriage. Looks like Peter has got himself into more mess

I suppose anything is possible, but I'm honestly not sure she's got the gumption to pull off a master plan like that (although my only "evidence" of her lack of sense is the fact that she's with PA.)
    You would think that a middle-aged, legendary lothario like PA would know enough to put something on the end of it if he really didn't want any more children.
    :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't see this at all. Above at least would mean that he and Emily set out to have a baby and that there's genuine interest on his part. I really don't believe that at all and that's based on him and how he comes across with her. Not sure if you watch the show but my impression is that he has now found himself in a situation he really had not envisaged or bargained for (control has been taken away) but has to publicly 'man up' for appearances' sake and because of his relationship with her family. JMO.

I totally agree with you Lexi.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see a very young girly woman who obviously has a good deal of intelligence but who just does not seem the 'medical student' type to me. In his previous series Pete paid plenty of attention to and showered affection on 'the kids' whereas Emily was lucky to get a peck on the cheek or one of his generic hugs. I notice when he is interacting with his children Emily looks on as though she is not quite that involved in Pete's exclusive little family threesome...this baby just might redirect his attention on to her and create their own little triangle - I see that as her motive for falling pregnant because he gave every impression of not intending to have more children 'just yet'.

I also find his attitude and demeanor extremely immature when the children do their 'marree Emilly, marree Emily' chant...for a middle-aged man to go all 'aw shucks there they go again, I'm so embarrassed' when the issue of marriage should be well and truly a cause for consideration reveals the fact that he most certainly is not looking to committ to Emily for the rest of his life. A 40 year old man who is undecided re committment about a very young girlfriend he has gotten pregnant is a 40 year old man who is clearly dragging his feet and still has a lot of growing up to do. I'd be making my own contingency plans for the future of myself and my baby if I was Emily :cool: .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see a very young girly woman who obviously has a good deal of intelligence but who just does not seem the 'medical student' type to me. In his previous series Pete paid plenty of attention to and showered affection on 'the kids' whereas Emily was lucky to get a peck on the cheek or one of his generic hugs. I notice when he is interacting with his children Emily looks on as though she is not quite that involved in Pete's exclusive little family threesome...this baby just might redirect his attention on to her and create their own little triangle - I see that as her motive for falling pregnant because he gave every impression of not intending to have more children 'just yet'.

I also find his attitude and demeanor extremely immature when the children do their 'marree Emilly, marree Emily' chant...for a middle-aged man to go all 'aw shucks there they go again, I'm so embarrassed' when the issue of marriage should be well and truly a cause for consideration reveals the fact that he most certainly is not looking to committ to Emily for the rest of his life. A 40 year old man who is undecided re committment about a very young girlfriend he has gotten pregnant is a 40 year old man who is clearly dragging his feet and still has a lot of growing up to do. I'd be making my own contingency plans for the future of myself and my baby if I was Emily :cool: .

I think he will marry her and not because he wants too. He is fully aware of how he wants to be seen by the public, thats why hes constantly addressing any negativity in his column. The parents not approving and him opening his mouth and saying he may not have anymore children, before she got pregnant., being two "setting the record straight" moments.

I hope she comes to her senses and goes to live with her parents
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

bunny55 wrote: »
    I think he will marry her and not because he wants too. He is fully aware of how he wants to be seen by the public, thats why hes constantly addressing any negativity in his column[/b. The parents not approving and him opening his mouth and saying he may not have anymore children, before she got pregnant., being two "setting the record straight" moments.

I hope she comes to her senses and goes to live with her parents

Couldn't agree more especially BIB.

I watched last night & sadly for Emily, she seems to becoming more & more of a hindrance to him.
    He says all the right things to try & keep her sweet but imo they are just words & mean jack s**t to him.
    Unfortunately for Emily she still seems to be under his spell & therefore will accept all the drivel he spouts at her.
    As for the BBQ, I felt really sorry for her, to me it looked like she was begging for attention & is willing to accept any crumb he "remembers" to offer.
    When she called him back, I honestly wanted to scream at the TV & tell her to tell him to get on his bike.:mad:
    For what he says is his last series he's not leaving a very good impression.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant help but feel this is payback time for PA ;) hes used Emily but now, she just wont go away, and hes trapped :D he cant walk away because shes now pregnant and dosent have a bad rep like his ex for him to play on, so day after day to protect his image hes having to play along with her "oh you didnt say goodbye properly" or "oh Im lonely" :D:D:D
    Suppose this is whats called sweet revenge as its all coming from someone too immaturely sugar sweet to realise how infuriating that can be, dont know how hes going to get out of this one, but when he does, I think she will be the one who will bust his good guy image wide open ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more especially BIB.

I watched last night & sadly for Emily, she seems to becoming more & more of a hindrance to him.
    He says all the right things to try & keep her sweet but imo they are just words & mean jack s**t to him.
    Unfortunately for Emily she still seems to be under his spell & therefore will accept all the drivel he spouts at her.
    As for the BBQ, I felt really sorry for her, to me it looked like she was begging for attention & is willing to accept any crumb he "remembers" to offer.
    When she called him back, I honestly wanted to scream at the TV & tell her to tell him to get on his bike.:mad:
    For what he says is his last series he's not leaving a very good impression.

Just a thought but, him showing any sign of her being a hindrance to him (which Im surprised at)could be the start of him creating his ,get out card, by portraying that their age difference is causing him problems, leaving him to selflessly rip his own heart out by letting her go for her own sake :D he has always been and always will be a man with a plan, no matter who it involves or hurts ;)
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to add, in the mishmash of bits I saw of Monday's show Gemma (I guess?) basically did a piece to camera with wtte of "I'm amazed journalists still want to ask about his former marriage after all these years" - and I shouted at the TV - 'B*llocks - that's your bread and butter." PA has made a career pretending to be a victim of his ex-wife and it's the reason you have a job. Then she gave us the PA marketing strategy "people like to see celebrities being good parents" or Wtte. Odd.

Then there's Emily. No-one knows what's going on there, the only thing we know for certain is that they have rushed into something and probably not by accident - but who's plan was it to have a baby? Perhaps Emily, sensing PA was going to call it quits, thought having a baby would keep both Peter and newly acquired fame. Perhaps seeing Peter being so rattled by KP's pregnancy, thought she could cure his jealousy by providing him of with a baby of his own. Perhaps PA put pressure on Emily to have a baby even though she was still studying - he is insanely competitive when it comes to KP after all. PA likes his women pregnant, obedient and nowhere near nightclubs it seems, perhaps this is how he controls his women. All theories of course. The only thing we know is what didn't happen - that the pair of them made a commitment, moved in together made a nest, waited until the time was right for them both and made a baby. I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the kid and it's not even born yet.

I agree with BEL, I wouldn't say they are crashing the car exactly, but PA is not coming across as particularly supportive or nice....but then he didn't come across that way when he was KP's husband either. We've all caught KP lying at one time or another - but I do believe her when she said that Peter isn't the nice guy people think he is.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    What job on The X Factor??:confused:

Or is this also just in "PeteyWorld"?! :p
    http://evenings.in/x-factor-bosses-deny-peter-andre%E2%80%99s-judge-offer-claim/
    The singer had earlier said that he had turned down the offer, as he didn’t want to be separated from his children- Junior, four, and Princess, two- for too long. He said: “I had to turn it down. It would mean being away for about four months. I hate turning down fantastic opportunities – but my children absolutely come first.”

However, a spokesman for Syco TV, which co-produces the hit series with FremantleMedia and Talkback Thames, has denied the claim. “Peter Andre has never been offered any role on The X Factor in any country,” the Daily Star quoted the rep, as saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    http://evenings.in/x-factor-bosses-deny-peter-andre%E2%80%99s-judge-offer-claim/
    The singer had earlier said that he had turned down the offer, as he didn’t want to be separated from his children- Junior, four, and Princess, two- for too long. He said: “I had to turn it down. It would mean being away for about four months. I hate turning down fantastic opportunities – but my children absolutely come first.”

However, a spokesman for Syco TV, which co-produces the hit series with FremantleMedia and Talkback Thames, has denied the claim. “Peter Andre has never been offered any role on The X Factor in any country,” the Daily Star quoted the rep, as saying.

Aside from the fact that the whole story is utter attention-seeking nonsense from PA, why would he need to be away from his children for four months?
    Where the heck did he think they would be filming?
    Mars?
    Prat.
  • Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from the fact that the whole story is utter attention-seeking nonsense from PA, why would he need to be away from his children for four months?
    Mars?
    Prat.

Not the first time he's been caught out lying. Kidney donations anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add, in the mishmash of bits I saw of Monday's show Gemma (I guess?) basically did a piece to camera with wtte of "I'm amazed journalists still want to ask about his former marriage after all these years" - and I shouted at the TV - 'B*llocks - that's your bread and butter." PA has made a career pretending to be a victim of his ex-wife and it's the reason you have a job. Then she gave us the PA marketing strategy "people like to see celebrities being good parents" or Wtte. Odd.

Then there's Emily. No-one knows what's going on there, the only thing we know for certain is that they have rushed into something and probably not by accident - but who's plan was it to have a baby? Perhaps Emily, sensing PA was going to call it quits, thought having a baby would keep both Peter and newly acquired fame. Perhaps seeing Peter being so rattled by KP's pregnancy, thought she could cure his jealousy by providing him of with a baby of his own. Perhaps PA put pressure on Emily to have a baby even though she was still studying - he is insanely competitive when it comes to KP after all. PA likes his women pregnant, obedient and nowhere near nightclubs it seems, perhaps this is how he controls his women. All theories of course. The only thing we know is what didn't happen - that the pair of them made a commitment, moved in together made a nest, waited until the time was right for them both and made a baby. I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the kid and it's not even born yet.

I agree with BEL, I wouldn't say they are crashing the car exactly, but PA is not coming across as particularly supportive or nice....but then he didn't come across that way when he was KP's husband either. We've all caught KP lying at one time or another - but I do believe her when she said that Peter isn't the nice guy people think he is.

The thing is, I think the whole "nice guy" image was every bit as much of a fabrication as "KP the homely housewife and mother".
    There was no way they could have sold their relationship so successfully if they had told the truth - "The Dopey Slapper and the Conniving Little Has-been" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I think I'm in imminent danger of changing my mind about St Emily and the "happy accident".
    I did think that she didn't have enough about her to get pregnant on purpose, but now I'm starting to wonder.
    Several other posters have pointed out how desperate she seems to get PA's attention, and how relatively unengaged he seems.
    Having a baby would definitely be the perfect way to get PA's full attention - in the short term at least - and she has now tied herself to him for life.
    I still think he was rather enjoying having a young trophy girlfriend - if only to prove he still "had it", and now the whole thing has come back to bite him on the arse.

You can always tell when PA is lying.
    His lips are moving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not a clue.
    But this comment underneath is interesting
    (Disclaimer - I have no idea whatsoever whether this is true or not)

SweetiePieUK
    He has no love for charity. He went up to Greater manchester to visit a kids charity a couple of months ago and charged them £15000 for four hours to say a few words on stage at a gala!!!
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most of PA's behaviour I just find ridiculous, but that made me genuinely cross.

It either shows a spectacular level of ignorance about or disinterest in a medical procedure potentially vital for the future survival of a close relative

OR

Peter actually had the gall to knowingly tell such an obvious lie about his seriously ill brother in order to paint himself in a good light.

Just wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member

As do I;)
    NotaTypo wrote: »

What a wally, he really lives on another planet.
    Mars
    ?
    Prat.

:D:D

I keep hearing wee snippets of a kidney donation story but I've never actually heard the full version, what actually happened?

Not that I'm aware of:confused:
    The thing is, I think the whole "nice guy" image was every bit as much of a fabrication as "KP the homely housewife and mother".
    There was no way they could have sold their relationship so successfully if they had told the truth - "The Dopey Slapper and the Conniving Little Has-been" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I think I'm in imminent danger of changing my mind about St Emily and the "happy accident".
    I did think that she didn't have enough about her to get pregnant on purpose, but now I'm starting to wonder.
    Several other posters have pointed out how desperate she seems to get PA's attention, and how relatively unengaged he seems.
    Having a baby would definitely be the perfect way to get PA's full attention - in the short term at least - and she has now tied herself to him for life.
    I still think he was rather enjoying having a young trophy girlfriend - if only to prove he still "had it", and now the whole thing has come back to bite him on the arse.

You can always tell when PA is lying.
    His lips are moving.

I'm starting to sway more & more towards, Emily panicked & knew he could never ever be seen as the ruthless pig who dumped his pregnant girlfriend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a clue.
    But this comment underneath is interesting
    (Disclaimer - I have no idea whatsoever whether this is true or not)

SweetiePieUK
    He has no love for charity. He went up to Greater manchester to visit a kids charity a couple of months ago and charged them £15000 for four hours to say a few words on stage at a gala!!!

What!!:mad::mad: For real?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As do I;)

What a wally, he really lives on another planet.

:D:D

I keep hearing wee snippets of a kidney donation story but I've never actually heard the full version, what actually happened?

Not that I'm aware of:confused:

I'm starting to sway more & more towards, Emily panicked & knew he could never ever be seen as the ruthless pig who dumped his pregnant girlfriend.

Yup - I think there may well be something in this.
    Perhaps she realised that PA wasn't in it for the long haul, and was about to call time on the whole thing - after all she had absolutely served her purpose.
    I'm wondering whether PA thinks it was a happy accident, and Emily knows it wasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup - I think there may well be something in this.
    Perhaps she realised that PA wasn't in it for the long haul, and was about to call time on the whole thing - after all she had absolutely served her purpose.
    I'm wondering whether PA thinks it was a happy accident, and Emily knows it wasn't.

I see where we're going with this Detective Azura;):D
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna be hard for him to give up this selfless DOTY single father of 2 image he's been shilling for the past 4 years. It's his brand. All that stuff about wanting to find that someone special to share his life (sorry, I'm channeling the narrator) was fine in theory (and of course great as fodder for the show) but the reality of it is an entirely different thing.

As is clear, DOTY's not good at sharing - either the spotlight or credit for his kids. Can't see him ever seeing Emily as an equal partner.

Maybe she'll have watched this week's ep and seen the look he threw the camera when he was 'apologising' to her. That should jolt her out of her infatuation. ;)
  • Options
    Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He told an interviewer that he would give Andrew his kidney but he couldn't because his kidney would have to go to whoever is next on the waiting list.

This of course is complete nonsense as people awaiting kidney donations can bypass the list if a family member, or even a friend, is a match. Their kidney can be donated directly.

If Andrew had needed a kidney, then the doctors would have explained all of this to the family and probably asked them all to get tested.

I don't believe there was ever, before or after PA's interview, anything to suggest that Andrew required a kidney donation. The inevitable conclusion, therefore, is that PA was taking advantage of Andrew's illness to make himself look good.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As do I;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4601603/Peter-Andre-webchat.html

Fill yer boots.
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And then when he did the photo shoot with the kids she did the whole 'when he was with his ex wife they did photo shoots all the time and since then Pete has hardly done any or WTTE and then made a big song and dance about pointing out how much the kids loved doing it....no doubt to try to stop that 'nasty' TV Critic ( Mr Hyland who dares to say what he - and most of us thinks!) from saying how much he exploited them!

Still makes me laugh that in response to one of Ian Hylands reviews of his show, PA made a comment about Mr H watching too much TV. I wonder if he's worked out yet what TV critics do!!
This discussion has been closed.