David Cameron: We need to have a 'big conversation' about aggressive birds

2»

Comments

• GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! The return of our gun totin' poster, right on cue.

Gun totin? :D its nice to be welcomed back after all this time, I hope you are well. That said, how would you deal with the menace of the gulls and foxes? I don't believe there is anything Cameron could do other than order councils to poison them but I'm sure that wouldn't go down too well. Maybe the UK gov could indoctrinate these creatures that violence isn't the way and we all need to accept each other, embrace our differences and get along?
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    Gun totin? :D its nice to be welcomed back after all this time, I hope you are well. That said, how would you deal with the menace of the gulls and foxes? I don't believe there is anything Cameron could do other than order councils to poison them but I'm sure that wouldn't go down too well. Maybe the UK gov could indoctrinate these creatures that violence isn't the way and we all need to accept each other, embrace our differences and get along?

Menace? I perceive no menace. The foxes we get in our garden are welcome - even though they do catch some of the squirrels from time to time (are they a menace too?).

I have tried in the past to administer medicine to some foxes that have got the mange (a terrible thing), but to no avail, alas.

As for gulls, they are magnificent, graceful birds with bad table manners. Their cries in inland towns and cities still send a shiver down my spine as, just like Proust with his madeleines, they evoke remembrances of things past.......

I'm fine thanks - hope you are too. :)
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Seems like it might be construed as a bit of a sexist comment but I've seen them staggering out the nightclubs at 3am too. What's the solution Dave? (Calm down the 'bird' bit - 'dear' was pushing it never mind 'bird'.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seagulls, foxes, badgers, immigrants, sick, disabled, single parents, jobseekers.....

All the same to Dave.
  • DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Welcome to the silly season. Normal news will resume in September.

Politician promises money before an election then quietly withdraws it after the election is 'silly season'?

That sounds more an attempt to bribe voters
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps they should be given ASBOs.

On a serious note seagulls in seaside towns are plentiful all year round but are protected. Councils have no responsbility for them and here's what Cornwall Council recommends, it equates to spending your own money and I doubt the £250k study Defra cancelled would have told us much more.

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/environmental-protection/environmental-protection-pests/gulls/
  • Jim NashJim Nash Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just poison them all and be done.

...then after the politicians have been sorted, we can deal with the gulls.