Sky Sports ONLY for £35 a month

crabstercrabster Posts: 653
Forum Member
✭✭
Just called up to cancel as only watch sports and previously was always told had to have basic package then add sports brining price to around £45-£50 odd. As can get nowtv sports for £30 a month paying sky £45 odd seems a waste.

Today they gave me the sports and basic package for £35 a 30% discount which stands for five years and the same discount on any other packages.

I'm quite pleased with that really. Much prefer to watch over satellite than internet with now tv.

So give it a try I guess if you want to save some money.

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already a thread about this, and unfortunately, 30% is the low end of the deal spectrum (although if you are happy, then all's good).

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2141149&page=24
  • crabstercrabster Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah before I did get 60% off but that took actually going through with cancelling and waiting a few months for their come back to us letter.

Figured £35 for the sports package was worth it compared with the alternatives.
  • crabstercrabster Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Though looking on that link thread now, yeah could probably have done better!

Note to self, check DS first next time.
  • Jonny.Jonny. Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    £50 Credit + 50% off full tv package = £40 month is the going rate so don't take anything less.
  • Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonny. wrote: »
    £50 Credit + 50% off full tv package = £40 month is the going rate so don't take anything less.
    £480 a year is still an awful lot of money. Still, someone's got to pay those footballers wages.
  • Jonny.Jonny. Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    £480 a year is still an awful lot of money. Still, someone's got to pay those footballers wages.

£40 a month for every channel sky broadcast is a good deal IMO.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Got me a deal recently with them, Original bundle with sports, no contract, £19 a month (Deal runs for 12 months)
    I use that as a multiroom box now with VM as the main!
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if I were to do it and they say no?
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    What if I were to do it and they say no?

To get the best deals, you have to be prepared to cancel, its only then do they roll out the deals along the lines of 50-75% off and they will always come to you, especially if you have been with them for a few years.
    They called me one afternoon, i didn't go to them as i had no need and them coming to you means you'll also get a better deal, a way better deal!
  • Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonny. wrote: »
    £40 a month for every channel sky broadcast is a good deal IMO.

For that price I'd want fluid viewing and not have to use the legacy platform.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    Zeropoint1 wrote: »
    For that price I'd want fluid viewing and not have to use the legacy platform.

Only if you pay £4 more a month - £44 a month is the lowest you can get for Sky Q/Sky Q Silver