Am I the only one who doesn't get....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The I don't get -enter name of contestant here- threads? They seem really pathetic to me. Of course you're not the only person who doesn't like a contestants style have you actually read anything on here. :p

They are people who came on a show to try and get a record deal. They each have their own way of singing and try to stick to it. What exactly is there not to get? ;)

Comments

• cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Sorry i don't get you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The I don't get -enter name of contestant here- threads? They seem really pathetic to me. Of course you're not the only person who doesn't like a contestants style have you actually read anything on here. :p

They are people who came on a show to try and get a record deal. They each have their own way of singing and try to stick to it. What exactly is there not to get? ;)

LMAO:D

I thought it was just me getting fed up with the usage of those words repeatedly, especially on the same contestant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Well its simple really what not to get is, someone on a show like this who cannot sing that well, is useless at singing the words properly and is being made a laughing stock over the web due to it.

So how does someone who is mediocre get to be pushed down my throat as being the favourite. So no I dont get the fact that this country has such dire talent as if this lot are all we have god help us. But the real talents do not enter these shows normally, they go the other route, you know the HARD one, not instant fame normally, but knocking on doors and trying to gig to be noticed.

This show is a quick fix for MOST on the route to being dumped within 18 months.

When this show gets real and stops the stupid judges spats, the stupid judges comments all the same year in year out, and really tries to attract real talent, ie get out there and find it, then maybe we might get some great singers on the show. While they wait for the wannabes to come to them we will get mediocre crapp on the whole.

I have left room for some exceptions here, and will list some of them, Will Young, Lemar, Darius, James Fox, Sam Nixon, now did I leave anyone out! erm no I dont think I did. Although I will add I think in time Leon could be a huge star in his own genre. Oh yes I did, Zoe Birkett and Gareth Gates (that lad could sing). Whoops naughty me and G4.

GG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who doesn't get the "am I the only one who doesn't get the
    'am I the only one who doesn't get the -enter name of contestant here-' threads" thread?! :p

Not everyone reads the forum regularly, and I guess it's just the way some people phrase things. :) Copywriters will be aware that it's a good method of attracting attention as it invites a response in a manner other thread titles do not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green Goddess, when you're ranting about Diana in non-Diana related threads, you know you have a problem. ;)
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its simple really what not to get is, someone on a show like this who cannot sing that well, is useless at singing the words properly and is being made a laughing stock over the web due to it.

So how does someone who is mediocre get to be pushed down my throat as being the favourite. So no I dont get the fact that this country has such dire talent as if this lot are all we have god help us. But the real talents do not enter these shows normally, they go the other route, you know the HARD one, not instant fame normally, but knocking on doors and trying to gig to be noticed.

This show is a quick fix for MOST on the route to being dumped within 18 months.

When this show gets real and stops the stupid judges spats, the stupid judges comments all the same year in year out, and really tries to attract real talent, ie get out there and find it, then maybe we might get some great singers on the show. While they wait for the wannabes to come to them we will get mediocre crapp on the whole.

I have left room for some exceptions here, and will list some of them, Will Young, Lemar, Darius, James Fox, Sam Nixon, now did I leave anyone out! erm no I dont think I did. Although I will add I think in time Leon could be a huge star in his own genre. Oh yes I did, Zoe Birkett and Gareth Gates (that lad could sing). Whoops naughty me and G4.

GG

you missed out Leona Lewis, the only real talent beside Will Young to come out of any of these shows.
  • mrellis33mrellis33 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green Goddess, when you're ranting about Diana in non-Diana related threads, you know you have a problem. ;)

especially when you start saying that Darius, Zoe Birkett and that Sam Nixon were any good. They were complete pap.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With the way some people on this forum seem to rant against Diana, I think it's going to need to be group sessions to help them share their problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer Am I the only one who doesn't 'like'........
    to 'get'. Then again, maybe people are just being polite in their thread titles.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who doesn't get why people are so worked up. ;)

I have to clear something up here though. I am no Diana fan in any shape or form. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have to clear something up here though. I am no Diana fan in any shape or form. :eek:

Its seams that people didnt get the fun side of you thread. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on now, you have Team Lorenzo under your name, it's so obvious you're posting Diana propaganda. :D
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    There's bloomin dozens of people I don't like in the music industry, not just the X Factor.

However I don't feel a particular need to post threads on internet forums about the fact that I don't like them.

Not really sure I understand why other people do. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on now, you have Team Lorenzo under your name, it's so obvious you're posting Diana propaganda. :D

Did you know she eats panda babies for breakfast. Its why her eyes were so weird on Saturday night. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate them so much too! And "Am i the only one...?", well no, clearly not! :rolleyes:
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks some DS contributors are mentalists?

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the term mentally unique. ;)