Options

rubbish ending ee

STARDUSTIBIZASTARDUSTIBIZA Posts: 66
Forum Member
better if she had threw herself over even though there has been too many ee christmas/new year deaths over the last handful of years

Comments

• Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I think staceys been punished enough and deserved a happyish ending. Plus if she'd died them she couldn't have had julias theme ;)
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the ending was very good actually :p
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    It was crap, a complete anti-climax and I felt really disappointed and sad by it.

Stacey's character had been completely ruined though so it's unsurprising. She never even mentioned Sean or sent him a photo of his niece.

She and Bradley should have gotten away. Perfect ending.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just identical to Kathys 1998 exit when Gillian Taylforth originally left

UNORIGINAL much EEs
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Tbh I think staceys been punished enough and deserved a happyish ending. Plus if she'd died them she couldn't have had julias theme ;)

So have we. Glad to see the back of her and her sleaze.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the ending was a bit cliche, but at the very least, it was nice that Stacey left with a reasonably happy ending, and a chance at a new future with her baby. Having her carted off to jail or splattered over the pavement just would have felt harsh for a character who they used as a bit of a whipping tool over the years.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the worst exit, she may as well have gone off in a black cab, if they messed this up, I dread to think of the mess that baby swap SL is gonna be.
  • Options
    RadicalNatureRadicalNature Posts: 5,104
    Forum Member
    It was the worst exit, she may as well have gone off in a black cab, if they messed this up, I dread to think of the mess that baby swap SL is gonna be.

Just what me and my fellow screenwriters at uni were saying! They should let us have a go, like, write an episode each. We couldn't do much worse.
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was just identical to Kathys 1998 exit when Gillian Taylforth originally left

UNORIGINAL much EEs
    It wasn't exactly the same. In terms of structure Kathy's final ep was nothing like this one. The only vague similarity were the final scenes.

Plus that was 12 years ago. :rolleyes:

What is original in soap these days?
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i didnt enjoy it, but i didnt think i would considering last nights let down and the ruination of what could have been a fantastic reveal akin to sharongate, tonights felt like a cross between the live & Kaffs exit, it was the live apart from both Ryan & Max took bradleys place in the plot. The janine stabbing herself was a clever idea and i can see what they were trying to do with it but it looked like those scenes written and slotted in to the live script and kaffys exit was lumped on the end.

I see lots enjoyed it though but it wont make my top 5 EE xmas's sorry.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    It wasn't exactly the same. In terms of structure Kathy's final ep was nothing like this one. The only vague similarity were the final scenes.

Plus that was 12 years ago. :rolleyes:

What is original in soap these days?

The final scenes is exactly what I was referring too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    being honest if anyone in eastenders does commit a crime they are never jailed or even arrested! the only 2 I can think of was when janine got arrested for lauras fall or chrissie for dens murder beyond that the police are rubbish in it! doesnt say much for our justice system does it!

At least tracey in corrie went down
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    being honest if anyone in eastenders does commit a crime they are never jailed or even arrested! the only 2 I can think of was when janine got arrested for lauras fall or chrissie for dens murder beyond that the police are rubbish in it! doesnt say much for our justice system does it!

It's really quite alarming when three of the main characters on the show tonight were all unpunished killers. (Stacey, Janine and Ryan) :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Bellarooo wrote: »
    I quite liked it.

aww yeah and me..quite sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Hardly. I wanted Stacey to get caught but the way everything played out made me change my mind towards the end. Everything in the episode made it seems so real and beleivable. The acting, directing and the awsome writing.

You havn't seen the New Years eps yet so me thinks it a little early to judge. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what me and my fellow screenwriters at uni were saying! They should let us have a go, like, write an episode each. We couldn't do much worse.

I am still stunned that this was the christmas episode and that Stacey left as some kind of tragic hero on the run.
    I am sure you'd have done much better, it's also incredible that only Janine and Roxy wanted her punished.
    The only believable scene was Jean when she thought that Stacey had stabbed Janine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali_east wrote: »
    Hardly. I wanted Stacey to get caught but the way everything played out made me change my mind towards the end. Everything in the episode made it seems so real and beleivable. The acting, directing and the awsome writing.

You havn't seen the New Years eps yet so me thinks it a little early to judge. :)

Acting? Directing? Awesome Writing? I didn't see any of this on tonights show, what I saw was absolutely missable.
    I don't really think I'll be tuning in to the NY episode, swapping a dead baby and Ronnie being the one that does it is just a step too far. Nevermind the cutting of scenes. The story including Ronnie is wrong on so many levels. Losing a newborn is hard enough without adding more garbage to sell the tale.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    better if she had threw herself over even though there has been too many ee christmas/new year deaths over the last handful of years

Is it just me that doesn't get this :confused:

First you say it would be better if she threw herself over(probably dying) then you say there have been too many deaths (which sounds like a criticism):confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Off the top of my head Eastenders characters who went to prison:
    Lucas Johnson(multiple murders, only recently)
    Mathew Rose(wrongly accused)
    Little Mo(for attempted murder)
    Johnny Allen - died in prison
    Ben Mitchell( had a recent stint in prison)
    Grant Mitchell spent time in prison where Sharon then had an affair with Phil while he was inside
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it just me that doesn't get this :confused:

First you say it would be better if she threw herself over(probably dying) then you say there have been too many deaths (which sounds like a criticism):confused:

Well, as the build up was so rubbish anyway and the way it ended it would have been better if she had have through herself off.

But, I think overall there has been too many ee xmas/new year deaths. To be honest the story line should have been written entirely different I think Max should have turned against her she should have went down at least it would have been abit different from the usual tripe of I get away before anyone catches me!/ or I die when every one is singing carrolls round the christmas tree!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Off the top of my head Eastenders characters who went to prison:
    Lucas Johnson(multiple murders, only recently)
    Mathew Rose(wrongly accused)
    Little Mo(for attempted murder)
    Johnny Allen - died in prison
    Ben Mitchell( had a recent stint in prison)
    Grant Mitchell spent time in prison where Sharon then had an affair with Phil while he was inside

most do seem to get away though I mean lisa got away with phils attempted murder! zoe got away when den was murdered I mean she was only going to ibiza!!!! Im pretty sure they could have got Extradition last time i checked spain was in the EU
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    most do seem to get away though I mean lisa got away with phils attempted murder! zoe got away when den was murdered I mean she was only going to ibiza!!!! Im pretty sure they could have got Extradition last time i checked spain was in the EU

The police arn't even aware Zoe was near the murder.

Some people on here are never happy unless someone dies:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    I totally disagree it was a brilliant ending and a fantastic episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    The police arn't even aware Zoe was near the murder.

Some people on here are never happy unless someone dies:rolleyes:.

why did she go on the run then?