Suzanne Shaw or Kym Marsh?

boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
Forum Member
✭✭
Both stars were in Britain's first reality show- manufactured band, the ill-fated 'HearSay' back in the early Noughties. Both have now turned their backs on the music business and are both in acting with Kym threading the cobbles and Suzanne causing all sorts of mischief in the Dales. Kym has had a number of significant storylines with the infamous baby swap and her numerous relationships with men. Suzanne was recently involved in the Chas and Carl plot in Emmerdale as the third party in a love triangle but which actress has been more successful in your opinion?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Suzanne more.

When she arrived she was very wooden, but I think she's got comfortable with the role and improved a lot - which is nice to see.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Both stars were in Britain's first reality show- manufactured band, the ill-fated 'HearSay' back in the early Noughties. Both have now turned their backs on the music business and are both in acting with Kym threading the cobbles and Suzanne causing all sorts of mischief in the Dales. Kym has had a number of significant storylines with the infamous baby swap and her numerous relationships with men. Suzanne was recently involved in the Chas and Carl plot in Emmerdale as the third party in a love triangle but which actress has been more successful in your opinion?

Opportunity Knocks? ;)
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I would say Suzanne is the far better actress. She has been in many West End shows to rave reviews and critical acclaim before joining Emmerdale.

I haven't seen much of Kym Marsh in Corrie but what I have seen has been passable but nothing amazing. Suzanne has been fantastic in Emmerdale and really managed to create a multi-dimensional character that people feel some sympathy for despite being a homewrecker. I hope she sticks around in the Dales for a while. :)
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say Marsh has turned her back on music. She regularly sings songs as a guest of tv shows, recorded half an album for Corrie this year and even managed to shoehorn her warbling onto the Children in Need special.

I think she's keeping her options well and truly open.

If the embers of her acting career dwindle, she'll be right back on the singing wagon.

Anything to keep her name high profile in the world of celebrity culture, without which she doesn't seem to have much point.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Suzanne...she also comes across as far more likeable than Ms Marsh off-screen
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Kym - i've always liked her more.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Suzanne is the better actress and from interviews and whatnot, she seems the nicest, most genuine.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kym is an unlikeable big gobbed skank I cant begin to describe how she infuriates me

I dont have an opinion on Suzanne
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kym is an unlikeable big gobbed skank I cant begin to describe how she infuriates me

:rolleyes: How is she a skank? Please do tell!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: How is she a skank? Please do tell!

Didn't she steal some guy off another woman? I have recollections of it vague ones mind you as she doesn't interest me much.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Didn't she steal some guy off another woman? I have recollections of it vague ones mind you as she doesn't interest me much.

If you don't know the facts, you shouldn't throw insults and accusations.

That's like me saying I hate you because you're a murdering b*stard although in truth I'm just making assumptions based on your username.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Suzanne but can't stand Eve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't know the facts, you shouldn't throw insults and accusations.

That's like me saying I hate you because you're a murdering b*stard although in truth I'm just making assumptions based on your username.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::yawn:
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::yawn:

Wow, I stand corrected :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure you do

Keep telling yourself that dear
    Forum Member
    :D:D
    Cute, it's like talking to a six year old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please accept when you're lost instead of lowering yourself to "you must be a child" insults

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with me because I like Tracy Barlow and its quite frankly pathetic.

You will deny this of course as its your style but I know its true and I pity you
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Neither, ta.
    Forum Member
    Oh please accept when you're lost instead of lowering yourself to "you must be a child" insults

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with me because I like Tracy Barlow and its quite frankly pathetic.

You will deny this of course as its your style but I know its true and I pity you

What has this got to do with Tracy Barlow? Not sure who it is who has 'lost' nor what it is I'm meant to have lost but all I said was that it's unfair to label someone a skank without knowing the facts. Your response was a rolling eyes smiley. So yeah, I suppose I did lose that one. ;)

Wasn't aware I had a style, but nice of you to notice. I haven't even got a clue who you are. :o
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    What has this got to do with Tracy Barlow? Not sure who it is who has 'lost' nor what it is I'm meant to have lost but all I said was that it's unfair to label someone a skank without knowing the facts. Your response was a rolling eyes smiley. So yeah, I suppose I did lose that one. ;)

Wasn't aware I had a style, but nice of you to notice. I haven't even got a clue who you are. :o

Are you STILL causing chaos round here, wallo, after all these years? :D:D
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Are you STILL causing chaos round here, wallo, after all these years? :D:D

:D:D

Yeah, I've got to defend the boyfriend stealing skanks of this world, who else will? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Suzanne is capable but the writing for her is pretty two dimensional and frankly she's pretty awful at the emotional stuff - maybe just because it's so hard to sympathise with her 'wronged woman' routine when in fact she was always just Carl's piece on the side. But I did like her as the home wrecking **** who moved from one hot totty to another and caused chaos.

Kym Marsh just plays herself. Boring.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    I really don't like Suzanne Shaw. She's a terrible actress and not much of a singer. I don't consider her particularly good-looking either.
  • ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree, Kym Marsh is the same onscreen as she is offscreen. A gobby, "look at me, cos I love myself" skank.
    I do have an opinion on Suzanne though, she's fresh faced, she has good acting talent, and comes across better than Ms Marsh could even dream about. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when she first when into emmerdale, i was very aware of how wooden she seemed, but it soon passed and i started to enjoy the whole love triangle thing, even felt a bit sorry for her ....

Im not a fan of the other im afraid, i think its more the character rather than the actress playing her.

Im not sure she would still be in corrie if the press didnt give her so much attention, like whenever she does an interview, the papers always pick up on what shes said etc...