The Archers!

Comments

• seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    The Radio 4 Woman's Hour edition on Christmas day had Charles Collingwood (Brian Aldridge) on as a guest, and he revealed they stopped doing the hand kissing a while ago, and they actually do really kiss now.

Straight from the horse's mouth... as it were.

Well I wouldn't want anyone kissing me that noisily! It always sounds as if they're eating each other.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    The Radio 4 Woman's Hour edition on Christmas day had Charles Collingwood (Brian Aldridge) on as a guest, and he revealed they stopped doing the hand kissing a while ago, and they actually do really kiss now.

Straight from the horse's mouth... as it were.

Truly :confused::o What about sex scenes :confused::o:o:o :D

I reckon he just got it written in to his own contract ;-)
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon that as Kenton has upgraded his flights to New Zealand in view of his upcoming windfall, it must mean that the sale of Brookfield is going to collapse. He'll the owe a fortune on his credit card and will blame it all on David.
    Forum Member
    Kate really is something else. She calls Roy weak because he had an affair, but she had a affairs which broke up both of her marrages. Phoebe is far more mature than her pathetic excuse for a mother.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only heard Kate in one episode but didn't notice the change of voice from when Kellie played her
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Well at least we know Roy is still alive.
  • davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Well at least we know Roy is still alive.
    And at least I know who he is! Over 40 years of listening & I haven't a clue who I'm listening to now. I suppose it doesn't matter. If the Eastenderisation continues, I won't be listening much longer. It's become utter rot.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So silly Helen is falling for it. She will be suicidal again soon.

Living with the Enemy, eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of interest when DID Fallon and Harrison get together.

I have all the episodes downloaded, but maybe I missed one. The last one I heard he was buying Christmas puds at Eddie's fair. When did they get together?
    Forum Member
    When he dressed up as Santa Claus?
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Poor old Lilian...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now Matt's gone. Is there any point listening? O'Connor must be sacked before there's nothing left to save!
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Matt actually been written out for good? Quite cross about that if so. What is O'Connor doing?!
    Forum Member
    Maybe Matt is using the money to gazump Ruvid on the farm oop North to force them to stay at Brookfield?

Would be no odder a story line than some we have had in recent months.
    Forum Member
    Has Matt run off with Anthea?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    What on earth is going on? It really is descending into tripe now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the general consensus is maybe that the actor wanted out & who could blame Kim Durham? Looks like Ian will be the next character to go. I just can't cope with all of the misery anymore. How many wrecked relationships have we had in the last few months? Couple this with the preposterous storyline of Brookfield, the complete nonsense of Johnny & thick as a brick PC plod with the once intelligent Fallon & I don't think I can take anymore.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    davestoke wrote: »
    Seems the general consensus is maybe that the actor wanted out & who could blame Kim Durham? Looks like Ian will be the next character to go. I just can't cope with all of the misery anymore. How many wrecked relationships have we had in the last few months? Couple this with the preposterous storyline of Brookfield, the complete nonsense of Johnny & thick as a brick PC plod with the once intelligent Fallon & I don't think I can take anymore.

You know you'll keep listening...we all will!!! In the hope it gets better!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are too many new voices and uncertainty at the moment, I don't like it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate is a proper pi*shead isn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who owns the bloody organic shop anyway?

Helen?

or someone else?
    Forum Member
    who owns the bloody organic shop anyway?

Helen?

or someone else?

I've never been 100% sure of that. I thought it was co-owned by the whole family with Helen running it on their behalf (when I say 'whole family' I obviously mean Tony's family, not all the Archers!)
  • MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out bout the archers and fallen In love with it. Currently on jan 20th I think, must catchup before I discuss!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I've never been 100% sure of that. I thought it was co-owned by the whole family with Helen running it on their behalf (when I say 'whole family' I obviously mean Tony's family, not all the Archers!)

well notwithstanding Helen's delicate state, and the other family issues, you would think the rest of them would be getting a bit more concerned, wouldn't you.
    Forum Member
    You have to wonder what (who?) the shop manager is doing when she is supposed to be running the shop. :o