Options

Chico & Jodeyne Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico on first again but once again he was outstanding. I actually thought he was better than Jorgie tonight, his elements were really good although the ending to the spin could have been a little tidier. Voted like crazy for him tonight since I was starting to worry they wanted him out or something.

Hey FMF!

I forgot all about the Chiclet's thread - glad you ressurected it :)

I was peeved they made Chico go first AGAIN. But maybe it means he's polling lots of votes and they feel confident sending him out early knowing it won't dent his chances? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :D

I thought his elements were better than Jorgie's as well. His spin included more revolutions and he performed three jumps. I think the judges hold back a bit on the first performance of the night to leave room for higher marks later on.

I did squeal when Louie said our boy could go all the way and win! I know there's a long way to go still, but that would soooo make up for Donal just missing out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Hey FMF!

I forgot all about the Chiclet's thread - glad you ressurected it :)

I was peeved they made Chico go first AGAIN. But maybe it means he's polling lots of votes and they feel confident sending him out early knowing it won't dent his chances? Or maybe that's just wishful thinking :D

I thought his elements were better than Jorgie's as well. His spin included more revolutions and he performed three jumps. I think the judges hold back a bit on the first performance of the night to leave room for higher marks later on.

I did squeal when Louie said our boy could go all the way and win! I know there's a long way to go still, but that would soooo make up for Donal just missing out.

Well I decided that it's a bit doom and gloom because of the shock exit so I wanted to talk about my highlight of the night. :D

I do think they are using him because he's such a good opener but I wish they'd give someone else a go. He deserves to go near the end. I hope he's doing well in the votes, I have to admit I voted a few times tonight.

Think you're right about the opening of the night being under-marked on purpose. I felt the same way about Matthew last week so I guess they have to hold back a little. 24 is such a great score though, he'd definitely catching the others up.

Haha I was so exited that Louis said that. I think he's right and I'd love it to be true. When Donal missed out on the top prize I was disappointed since I thought he'd improved the most and turned into a fantastic skater. Chico has improved just as much imo and I can't wait to see what else he can do. I've heard he's learning the axel. :D
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to give this a bump - it was down page 3:eek:

I hope Chico comes out with a great performance on Sunday - and as an added bonus, the horrid blonde hair will be gone:p

I really hope he gets a rebound vote. I think last weeks result will have shocked a lot of people:eek:
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Chico is still unwell:

His tweets today:

"Hi guys just finished my day, I wish I was better this virus has really knocked me 4 six. Told to tc complete rest again, hope to be better

Tomorrow as its a full in day, will take time off b4 da show otherwise u will not be able to complete the routines. Unfortunatley with all..

The PMA in the world, my body is just exhausted. I would need a good week to get back yo normal, blood test on Monday to see what is the...

Cause, Will keep u posted, love to you all #PMA"

Better make sure we vote tomorrow.
  • Options
    Petite FleurPetite Fleur Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Good luck to Chico tonight. I'll be throwing some votes his way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a reaction to being saved! You could see how much it meant to Chico & Jodeyne. They seem very popular amongst the studio audience as well.

If it wasn't for these two, I think I'd have stopped watching this series. It's becoming boring.

Topless Chico was a nice treat though ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how excited they were, it was adorable. I couldn't help but laugh when Jodeyne started hitting him haha.

They were great tonight as always and I love the energy he puts into things. His YMCA was the best!

Glad I voted several times tonight, they deserve to be in the final.

And yes topless Chico was a lovely treat. ;)
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd pop in and give my support to Chico and Jodeyne! They've always been in my top 3 and now Sam and Alex are no longer there, I'm fully behind them for the win :D

Must agree Sid! Topless Chico was definitely a delight ;) My favourite part though was seeing them go through, in particular Jodeyne's reaction! I'm really pleased we're getting to see more of her this year, especially in a different type of partnership to the one she had with Johnson :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard GG!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't mind the bare chest but the trousers were hideous :o Almost as bad as the blonde hair :cool:

We await to see the props they get - hope it's limited to one or two - didn't they have three one year:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as he doesn't get a table or a suitcase I'll be happy. I nearly died when Chris Fountain got those, what can you do with that rubbish. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want him to get the hat - it's a fiddly f*cker!

Guys who get the hat almost inevitably end up in the skate off.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chico all the way :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico's twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/chicotime1
    no we are not but it's a circus act with not much clothes on :)))

How are they dressing him now, a lion tamer with a whip and a stick :confused::eek:
  • Options
    GeekyGeminiGeekyGemini Posts: 1,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased to see Chico and Jodeyne making it through to the finals on the public voting alone :D Really enjoyed his routine tonight and they definitely deserved to go through (in fact, they should've also topped the leader board after combining both elements this evening imo).

I love seeing both of their reactions each week going through and unlike some of the others, they genuinely don't assume they're safe etc so you get to see just how much it means to them :)

I'm also really hopeful that they will make it to the final 2 as I really want to see what Jodeyne will come up with for their Bolero! Oh and if they do the whole 'showcase' routine again like last year, then I can't wait to see Alex & Lukasz & Sean skate with them :D
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame IMO that Chico and Jodeyne weren't allowed to do the flood routine again as that allowed them to showcase a beautiful routine with lots of emotion and showed how good their relationship is. They also said that it was their favourite routine.

However I'm sure they will both do us proud tonight and we're cheering them on all the way in this house (and voting too) I really hope that we get to see their Bolero tonight.

PMA all the way :)
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best of luck to my favourite couple tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here - even if he doesn't win, I'd like him to do the Bolero :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Chico! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that Chico will finish third but I really hope I'm wrong .... I love watching him and Joydene skate and like others have said, even if he doesn't win I would love to see them skate Bolero.

Go Chico!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Chico and Jodeyne! Lets hope the Chiclets are out full force tonight in their voting droves. Whatever the outcome he's been a fab contestant, they have had a wonderful partnership and I've been thoroughly entertained by them. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got butterflies!
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go Chico and Jodeyne! Lets hope the Chiclets are out full force tonight in their voting droves. Whatever the outcome he's been a fab contestant, they have had a wonderful partnership and I've been thoroughly entertained by them. :D

I'll be voting even though I don't usually (apart from last week!) and yes he they have been brilliant, Chico and Jodeyne ftw!
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I've got butterflies!

Me too!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »

Me too!:D

Imagine how he must be feeling!

Signing off now. Here's to a great final and a Chico/Jodeyne victory :)
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, he must be feeling a bag of nerves Sid.

Heres to a enjoyable final. :D