Bo's album No. 6 in the midweeks

13»

Comments

• mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Pandorian wrote: »
    The album sales were 9,431 - it's not what I would call a stunning performance.

Just for some context, Rhydian sold 90,000 copies of his debut album in his first week - and he was shocking!
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mediarat wrote: »
    Just for some context, Rhydian sold 90,000 copies of his debut album in his first week - and he was shocking!

There's no accounting for taste! Does Simon Cowell hypnotise people?? Cos I don't understand the appeal of a lot of his acts,yet many shitloads!
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorian wrote: »
    The album sales were 9,431 - it's not what I would call a stunning performance.

How do you find out album sales, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    mediarat wrote: »

Look at artists releasing music this year - sales of albums have decreased MASSIVELY since Rhydian was around, so it's pointless comparing sales of his album to any album released today.

I don't understand why people are so keen to rip any achievement to shreds. A top 10 album is a top 10 album. It only takes one look to see that sales have decreased so rapidly in recent years, but they're all in proportion. Also if you know your album charts, you'll know that in recent weeks Bo would've been a fair few places higher up in the charts with the sales she had if her album had been released a few weeks earlier :rolleyes: sales were particularly competitive in comparison to recent weeks on the week her album came out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    There's no accounting for taste! Does Simon Cowell hypnotise people?? Cos I don't understand the appeal of a lot of his acts,yet many shitloads!

Perhaps it's just you then. :)

Bo sales aren't great and it slid down the chart rapidly. However, as has been said, sales aren't great at the moment and the fact she got to no. 10 for one week doesn't matter. A top ten hit album will always be on her resumé.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought Bo's album for my mum's birthday yesterday, she's lovin it :)
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spin on trying to make an album that only managed all of two weeks in the Top 40 sound successful is hilarious!

Still at least it's positive for Leanne. All she has to do now is sell more than a measly 13,000 during her whole time in the charts, and she'll still manage to be the successful Voice contestant.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I wish Bo all the best, but I can't stand that fake lilt she adopts when she sings!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    How do you find out album sales, if you don't mind me asking?

Music Week publishes sales figures but I think this publication is only available to subscribers. The Buzzjack forums usually have a thread each week on single and album sales which is based on MW figures:

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153664
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herman64uk wrote: »
    Music Week publishes sales figures but I think this publication is only available to subscribers. The Buzzjack forums usually have a thread each week on single and album sales which is based on MW figures:

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153664

Thank you :)
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    The spin on trying to make an album that only managed all of two weeks in the Top 40 sound successful is hilarious!

Still at least it's positive for Leanne. All she has to do now is sell more than a measly 13,000 during her whole time in the charts, and she'll still manage to be the successful Voice contestant.

Know ones spinning anything maybe you just need to accept the fact that an act from the Voice has achieved a top ten album and that is nothing to be sniffed at
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Know ones spinning anything maybe you just need to accept the fact that an act from the Voice has achieved a top ten album and that is nothing to be sniffed at

YES :)
  • SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Bo perform to an audience of less than 30 people in Brighton over the weekend as part of The Great Escape. She was clearly upset with the turnout and only played for 20 minutes of her allotted 30 minutes, and she just walked off without a word. That was easily the lowest crowd of the weekend I saw (saw about 30 acts), her performance was pretty ropey as well, but I think the lack of crowd got to her - probably wasn't where she expected her career to be at this point. A lot of the festival goers would not touch a reality star when there are hundreds of real acts to choose instead (I only went because my young sister wanted to see her). It's ironic that she probably would have played to a much bigger crowd if she hadn't gone on The Voice - which is poison to a career if you want any credibility.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Bo perform to an audience of less than 30 people in Brighton over the weekend as part of The Great Escape. She was clearly upset with the turnout and only played for 20 minutes of her allotted 30 minutes, and she just walked off without a word. That was easily the lowest crowd of the weekend I saw (saw about 30 acts), her performance was pretty ropey as well, but I think the lack of crowd got to her - probably wasn't where she expected her career to be at this point. A lot of the festival goers would not touch a reality star when there are hundreds of real acts to choose instead (I only went because my young sister wanted to see her). It's ironic that she probably would have played to a much bigger crowd if she hadn't gone on The Voice - which is poison to a career if you want any credibility.

In fairness we only have your word on this. Surely if it was that bad it would have been in at least one paper am guessing The Sun at least plus others would have said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member

There were people all over twitter who said she stuck around afterwards to chat and have photos with fans - so she clearly didn't "walk off without a word"

I don't know much about the great escape and what kind of festival it is/what audience it attracts, but I know she's playing T in the Park and has her own tour in the summer, so I'm sure these will be much more of a highlight for her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    voicefan wrote: »
    There were people all over twitter who said she stuck around afterwards to chat and have photos with fans - so she clearly didn't "walk off without a word"

I don't know much about the great escape and what kind of festival it is/what audience it attracts, but I know she's playing T in the Park and has her own tour in the summer, so I'm sure these will be much more of a highlight for her

ALSO someone from the guardian was present at her gig (they have photos from it on their website too), so I'm sure they would've brought it up if it was so bad
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol what does she expect? she was a nobody who was on the voice now she is just a nobody i havent even heard about her album if it wasnt for this site
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member

The Great Escape is a very small event and has only been going since 2006 and artists perform at all sorts of small venues across Brighton, Bo was on the smallest stage (at a venue which holds about 50 people) she used this for T In The Park and UK Tour prep like a lot of people use small 'festivals' to warm up for tours, I know a guy that operates one of the venues as we went to the same Uni.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2013/may/18/great-escape-festival-in-pictures?CMP=twt_gu#/?picture=409097997&index=9 - Heres a gallery, she wasn't the only one playing to small crowds.

As much was you lot won't accept it, she's successful in the realistic music world, not shunned out for 15 minutes of fame and hoping for the best.

She's being interviewed all over the place at the moment, the young lad from BGT (Conor something..) thanked her for her support, and her Live in London gig has completely sold out (the likes of Adele/Duffy/Marina and the Diamonds have all played there)

She's just done this recently too - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a481717/bo-bruce-previews-star-trek-into-darkness-song-listen.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Great Escape was at a small indie venue, nothing major. And there were plenty of acts there that got the same crowd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    The Great Escape is a very small event and has only been going since 2006 and artists perform at all sorts of small venues across Brighton, Bo was on the smallest stage (at a venue which holds about 50 people) she used this for T In The Park and UK Tour prep like a lot of people use small 'festivals' to warm up for tours, I know a guy that operates one of the venues as we went to the same Uni.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/gallery/2013/may/18/great-escape-festival-in-pictures?CMP=twt_gu#/?picture=409097997&index=9 - Heres a gallery, she wasn't the only one playing to small crowds.

As much was you lot won't accept it, she's successful in the realistic music world, not shunned out for 15 minutes of fame and hoping for the best.

She's being interviewed all over the place at the moment, the young lad from BGT (Conor something..) thanked her for her support, and her Live in London gig has completely sold out (the likes of Adele/Duffy/Marina and the Diamonds have all played there)

She's just done this recently too - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a481717/bo-bruce-previews-star-trek-into-darkness-song-listen.html

Bo played at the Komedia which is actually one of the larger venues used for the festival - certainly with a capacity of higher than 50 (more like 500). Venues like The Blind Tiger, Sticky Mikes Frog Bar, Digital, Above Audio, The Hope etc are much smaller. Most of these venues fill up quickly and end up operating a one in - one out process. I missed out on seeing acts like 'To Kill A King', 'Night Engine' and 'Deep Vally' because they were filled to capacity and had massive queues outside.
    vash1221 wrote: »
    The Great Escape was at a small indie venue, nothing major. And there were plenty of acts there that got the same crowd.

The Great Escape is not a venue....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Great Escape is not a venue....

Erm...I know that...I said The Great Escape was at a small indie venue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vash1221 wrote: »
    Erm...I know that...I said The Great Escape was at a small indie venue.

But it wasn't at a small indie venue. It was all over Brighton at over 30 venues, including the Dome itself (quite a large venue).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and her Live in London gig has completely sold out (the likes of Adele/Duffy/Marina and the Diamonds have all played there)

Just to see how much other stuff you were making up I went to her website and her date at Bush Hall London isn't soldout - infact no date on her tour in June/July was soldout.

Please stop writing such rubbish.

Here is a link to the what's on Bush Hall website...
    http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/live-music/whats-on/
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Just to see how much other stuff you were making up I went to her website and her date at Bush Hall London isn't soldout - infact no date on her tour in June/July was soldout.

Please stop writing such rubbish.

Here is a link to the what's on Bush Hall website...
    http://www.bushhallmusic.co.uk/live-music/whats-on/

Likewise with you, dingus -

http://www.seetickets.com/event/bo-bruce/bush-hall/699403 - pre-sales have sold out, there is not many left at all and will sell out by the time the gig happens, go to her website too.

The gig at Komedia was a small gig, Brighton is the smallest venue they have as its more of a comedy club.

Accept it mate, she's done well, so like you said please stop posting such bile.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise with you, dingus -

http://www.seetickets.com/event/bo-bruce/bush-hall/699403 - pre-sales have sold out, there is not many left at all and will sell out by the time the gig happens, go to her website too.

The gig at Komedia was a small gig, Brighton is the smallest venue they have as its more of a comedy club.

Accept it mate, she's done well, so like you said please stop posting such bile.

Nothing on that site says soldout as you stated, you can still buy tickets...which is the opposite of soldout! Same on her site, not one gig soldout yet. See that big 'buy tickets' button?

Komedia has a bigger capacity than 50 - lol. I was there twice last week.