How you fasten your bra could reveal more about you than you think

Comments

• floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah whipping it off beneath clothes is easy although my speciality these days is flicking my nursing bra open with just my thumb.

I'm still genuinely dumbstruck that there are grown women who have to do it up at the front and turn it around!
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    floozie_21 wrote: »
    I'm still genuinely dumbstruck that there are grown women who have to do it up at the front and turn it around!

i'm genuinely dumbstruck that you're genuinely dumbstruck about something so commonplace.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah whipping it off beneath clothes is easy although my speciality these days is flicking my nursing bra open with just my thumb.

It's not about having to - it's about doing it quickly minus the faffing around missing the hooks for however long that takes.

Big difference.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Uhh, it's not because they don't know how. Some people are not flexible enough to do it or in my case a bra with 3 clasps can be pretty tricky to align properly. Doing it in the front is just much faster and easier for some. Besides, we're talking a matter if less than a minute, it's not as if it takes us half the morning to put on a bra whichever way you do it.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    True but don't tell me you don't love taking it off and having a good scratch though :D

:D Every now and then.
    striing wrote: »
    To define it as 'have to' is putting it too strongly. Some of us just never considered doing anything else.

Yes I can get mine off underclothes. It's a skill learnt in school changing rooms no? (I'm thinking swimming - not suggesting we did the rest of PE bra-less.)

School swimming lessons were where I learnt to take off all my underwear without anyone seeing anything.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's slightly more informative than the friday sex thread :D

:o:o:o

I do all those steps at different times
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To define it as 'have to' is putting it too strongly. Some of us just never considered doing anything else.

Yes I can get mine off under clothes. It's a skill learnt in school changing rooms no? (I'm thinking swimming - not suggesting we did the rest of PE bra-less.)

Not for me, no! :blush: I didn't need a bra until half way through Year 11 (then called Fifth Year) and we didn't do swimming by then.

(I don't think I should have admitted that, but hey ho. :D)
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Yep do the removal under clothes all the time.

Nothing better than taking your bra off and letting your breasts bounce free after a long day. That's the beginning of my wind down.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Yep do the removal under clothes all the time.

Nothing better than taking your bra off and letting your breasts bounce free after a long day. That's the beginning of my wind down.

Lucky bugger. You can't tell the difference when I take mine off. :D

Edit: thinking about it, that's probably why my poor little radiographer chappie forgot to tell me to take it off that day. Haha!
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed that anyone does their bra up at the back. I genuinely didn't even know that was an option.

I do mine up at the back, but before I met my ex-husband I did it up at the front and twisted it around. I just didn't want him to see me doing that when we first got together, I didn't think it was very attractive and I was embarrassed :p, so I started doing it up at the back and now it's just easy.

ETA: It is also a 3-clasp one for my ultra flabby (down to the knee) boobs :p
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You clasp your bra and slide it over your head...
    How is that even possible?! It'd have to be a helluva stretchy band to get over shoulders etc, so that's not going to be the slightest bit supportive.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Front fasten and twister here. In 25 years of wearing a bra, I still can't master putting them on properly.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is that even possible?! It'd have to be a helluva stretchy band to get over shoulders etc, so that's not going to be the slightest bit supportive.

That's what I was thinking, anyone who does this must surely have no need to wear a bra in any case :confused:
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fasten mine at the back I thought that's what everyone did. I'm amazed so many fasten at the front and twist.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    I do front and twist now as I have a partially frozen shoulder and my hand won't reach up my back to do it that way!
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Front and twist for me! I've never done it any other way.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fasten at the front then twist it around. I'd be there all day if I tried to fasten it at the back. Life's too short. :p
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think of us poor chaps- we get friendly with a lady friend but can't very well shift the thing round the front and unclasp it with consummate ease for fear of looking like an incompetent 'never been with a lady naked before' type of buffoon.

Life can be so unfair. :( Kinda ruins the moment too.

Just tell, don't ask, your lady friend to take it off. A nice firm sexy command in bed and she'll have her bra and underpants whipped off before you've even blinked.
  • Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Just tell, don't ask, your lady friend to take it off. A nice firm sexy command in bed and she'll have her bra and underpants whipped off before you've even blinked.

*adds mental note for future bra removal*

It has to be said I like your style pugamo. :D I think perhaps a few of us could learn a thing or two from you. ;)
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i'm genuinely dumbstruck that you're genuinely dumbstruck about something so commonplace.

Tbh, I didn't think it was common. That's how I did it when I was a kid, back when I was learning how to adjust to my new boob prison. I eventually just started to fasten it at the back. It was quicker and more efficient for me. I suppose I just assumed that a lot of women do that.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just do the thing up from behind but, when you've had a few :blush: sometimes you need to twist it round to the front to get it undone because if you try taking it off over your head you strangle yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I just do the thing up from behind but, when you've had a few :blush: sometimes you need to twist it round to the front to get it undone because if you try taking it off over your head you strangle yourself.

Death by over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Death by over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder :p

I have a friend with very large boobs she once fell asleep drunk after trying to take it off over her head with arm and boob in and one arm and boob out. Ended up in a trapped nerve and she was in agony for months, now she's a twist it round the front girl lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MinnieMinz wrote: »
    I have a friend with very large boobs she once fell asleep drunk after trying to take it off over her head with arm and boob in and one arm and boob out. Ended up in a trapped nerve and she was in agony for months, now she's a twist it round the front girl lol.

Blimey! Sounds agonizing, but you can't help but laugh a little :D:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Blimey! Sounds agonizing, but you can't help but laugh a little :D:blush:

We all tried very hard to keep a straight face when she came in the pub but failed :D