Options

The Suzanne and Chris Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I might be the only one here but I'm tired of reading snide little comments about Chris Fountain and Suzanne Shaw. Am I the only one who actually likes both? I'm just a bit bored with all the silly comments to be honest so I thought I'd create a thread for people who like both, who can talk about both without having to deal with silly childish insults. Suzanne is fabulous and one of the best female celebrity ice dancers there has ever been and Chris brings a whole new style of dancing to the ice in spectacular fashion. A thread to big them both up but please don't bother commenting if you can't be nice about /both/ of them. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Chris and Suzanne divide people so much, are there even a few people who like both of them almost equally ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I like them both. I think it would be great if they had skated together on the Christmas show, but some people seem to get bored without controversy, so the divide is probably encouraged (I suspect this was behind Chris's comments on the Christmas show).

They are clearly both excellent skaters and where Chris is better at the flash footwork, Suzanne is better at the artistic interpretation. They would make a great skating couple I think. I said so earlier this year and I don't suppose I'll change my mind either.

I bet even in times gone by there were few people who said "I like Beethoven and Mozart equally", but some sort of divided camp which pitted the merits of one composer against the merits of the other. Not everybody is like that, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's really annoying is that most people are actually quite rude about the other. But maybe that's just me. I'm old for my 23 years. :D
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them both as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although i have opinions on behaviour the other night and various things about chris' skating about prefering suzannes, I dont dislike chris personally or anything. I find alot of what was on here, the mud slinging and that because you like one you have to hate the other thing really unnecessary and uncalled for, especially when it got really really vicious and personal about them at one point which was out of order and mean, some comments by people were ridiculous. Some people called for people to fall over etc and thats wrong. Although I myself have a clear preference, I have always attempted to avoid getting personal about anyone and I still have no problems watching chris skate and applaud when anyone does well and think it was a great competition that was only as good as it was last year because they were both in it. Some people while i was at the tour booed various contestants, both chris and suzanne got some, and I was horrified, thats no way to go about anything. I see no reason why people cant like both...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love both of them for completely different reasons.

Chris and Frankie give me the chills. Most of their routines are fast and furious and jam packed with moves that make me go O____O How the hell did they do that? They make my heart race and they are so exciting to watch.

Suzanne and Matt awe me. They just look so graceful and beautiful. Suzanne looks like an old fashioned movie star. So poised and perfect. Her interrpretation of the music is amazing and she's such a good skater and that's often over looked. I think she's fabulous.

I hope they are both on the tour next year. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know suzi is, to be honest i hope chris does aswell, cos claire wont be there so its already down one good skater and dont want to lose any others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clare isn't? Awww no I really like her. :(

I hope Bonnie is doing it again then. Bonnie has improved with every tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope Claire is gone, shes doing little shop of horrors...
    I wonder how many will do the tour though cos there'll be 4 series and it was a long show last time with what like 8 of them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Diva_Moon
    In reply to your post about Chris & Suzanne skating together in the Christmas Show. They did skate together in the finale and they looked very happy to do so. There were a couple of photos online of them together, but I can't remember which site they were on
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare isn't? Awww no I really like her. :(

I hope Bonnie is doing it again then. Bonnie has improved with every tour.
    Nope, Bonnie won't be there either :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Bonnie? thats a big loss
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    The photos I was on about(chris&suzanne) are on Greytops site he has a link for you to click on, they're worth a look