Options

The Ellery and Frankie Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't believe that there isn't a thread for these two yet. They were definitely fantastic tonight. Ellery is such a lovely guy, always been a fan of his. Frankie looked really safe with him so I expect good things in the lift department. I was surprised to see how smooth he was on the ice, very professional. What is it with Rugby players and ice skating haha. Anyway he's fab and it's lovely to see Frankie back.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres no thread..rudeness..LOVE these 2..Ellery is soo lovely & has massive potential..& Frankie is just an amazing skater & also absolutely lovely :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit of a rugby fan myself and my Dad was always a huge fan of his so I grew up on his career bit like T&D really. I am surprised how fantastic he is on the ice, really graceful for such a big bloke. And Jason was right, he didn't wobble in the slightest during the lifts. Ray's only competition from the men but we'll have to see how good the girls are.

I love Frankie and I've liked all three of her partners so far. I hope she can get into the final again, that would be amazing. :)
  • Options
    TasiTasi Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm Welsh, a rugby union fan and we don't talk about league but I think Ellery is great. A lovely humble man, and has worked hard at his skating. Frankie is my favourite pro, so I'm rooting for the two of them already
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    He is one of the loveliest people I have ever met! Even the week before DOI started (when he should have been busy on his own practice!) he still took the time out to help my daughter on her backward crossovers, and his tips worked too! Every time we go to the rink for my daughter's lessons he takes time out for you, he always gives her a hug and a little peck on the cheek and is always happy to help her.

We watched him progress and improve over the weeks - he kept saying he was worried about catching his toe pick lol! He looked really smooth last night, although I thought some of the moves (like the Superman thingy that Stefan Booth initially did) he was doing better in practice, but maybe he was just being cautious last night.

Me and my daughter were sat screaming and cheering as he finished - I hope he's going to be around for a lot longer in this series and keeps on getting the high scores from the judges.

Go on Ellery and Frankie!!!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His performance was enjoyable to watch :)
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ellery will be one of my favourites this series. He sparkles a bit brighter than the rest of them. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I think Ellery will be one of my favourites this series. He sparkles a bit brighter than the rest of them. :)

I was really surprised at how good Ellery was and I hope that he goes far in the comp.
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,757
    Forum Member
    They were great. I'm so glad Frankie got a good skater again this year as she really is beautiful to watch. And what an amazing bod she has! I am just a tad envious!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Love Bear wrote: »
    They were great. I'm so glad Frankie got a good skater again this year as she really is beautiful to watch. And what an amazing bod she has! I am just a tad envious!!

I know, she always gets the tightest and skimpiest costumes of the girls too ... just 'cos she CAN! I feel myself turning a little green with envy here too :D

After feeling so nervous for him all week we were so pleased when he had a really good skate last night with Frankie. After Ray (well, who can beat Ray at the moment??!!) he is the best male skater (and I'm not just speaking from bias here), depending on how good the girls are he could at least make the semi-final IMO - I hope so!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JaynieD wrote: »
    He is one of the loveliest people I have ever met! Even the week before DOI started (when he should have been busy on his own practice!) he still took the time out to help my daughter on her backward crossovers, and his tips worked too! Every time we go to the rink for my daughter's lessons he takes time out for you, he always gives her a hug and a little peck on the cheek and is always happy to help her.

We watched him progress and improve over the weeks - he kept saying he was worried about catching his toe pick lol! He looked really smooth last night, although I thought some of the moves (like the Superman thingy that Stefan Booth initially did) he was doing better in practice, but maybe he was just being cautious last night.

Me and my daughter were sat screaming and cheering as he finished - I hope he's going to be around for a lot longer in this series and keeps on getting the high scores from the judges.

Go on Ellery and Frankie!!!

That's a lovely story about Ellery. They say Rugby is a rough game but it's usually played by gentlemen. :)

It's interesting that you say he looked better in practise. Maybe nerves got to the best of him, they seemed to effect a lot of people last night it being the first show and all. Just imagine how wonderful he's going to get if that wasn't even his best.

He's my favourite. Ellery FTW. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I thought he was great. The skating definately went up a notch when he came onto the ice. I hope he goes far. Seems a very likeable man too.